Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon Reviews

½ March 9, 2017
Rating: 9.25/10

Exquisite cinematography and choreography are the highlights in this epic, martial arts masterpiece. While perhaps not on the same level as Zhang Yimou's Hero, it is no less a breathtaking film.
½ March 2, 2017
this film is great. the acting was amazing. however there distrust of physics and there lake of a diverse cast make the move only good and not great.
February 17, 2017
i think that this is not just ang lee's best movie but one of the greatest films ever. just watch it and see why i think that. the action scenes are perfect as well as the cinematography and direction from ang lee 5/5
½ February 1, 2017
This film doesn't know what it's trying to be. One minute we find ourselves in a comic-book universe, then the next in a serious human drama.
January 22, 2017
A Beautiful piece of cinema art.
½ January 3, 2017
A beautiful tragedy that one can only hope will influence American filmmaking
December 28, 2016
Plot is a load of nonsense but it's visually brilliant, some great kung fu, ludicrous dub and flying scenes. Incredibly produced guff to savour.
½ December 16, 2016
In a vastly patriarchal society, in which women seem doomed to fail, there are some of them who are unwilling to give up...or hold back. A film that works on so many levels.
½ November 19, 2016
'Crouching Tiger' is one the most beautiful action movies ever made, filled with great martial arts fights and a very touching argument, it's definitely one of Ang Lee's bests.
October 3, 2016
Been so long since I saw this movie that I thought that weird desert romance movie was something totally different from the beautiful martial arts movie I was sure this was. Sad, but pretty good with lots of beautiful scenery and cool martial arts scenes, teenage (even if she was older) angst and romance....
½ September 14, 2016
A simple and peaceful plotted film that will leave hundreds of messages.
August 20, 2016
A film that combines smooth and clear cinematography, lush landscapes, drama that is emotional and engaging, and choreography that is exciting and electrifying. The subtleties of sword-on-sword fighting with the details of specific martial arts styles blend together to evoke an emotional representation of the characters. It's well-shot, well-directed, well-edited, and, well, superb cinema.
½ August 5, 2016
"Levitating Fu" isn't everyone's cup of tea, but if you commit to it's artistic merit as I did you'll be enlightened by it's physical poetry and amazing fight choreography, as well as great imagery, editing and sound design as the cherry on top of the cake.
July 27, 2016
Such a great film, though I've seen it several times, it had been a while and I got a chance to see it in a theatre again. The story is epic, the fight scenes truly amazing, the soundtrack killer, and then magnificent acting. The movie holds up over 15 years later. A true masterpiece!
½ July 23, 2016
Successful movie with great soundtrack.. the theme song: a love before time by coco lee is epic..
July 6, 2016
A beautiful movie to behold, "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" features both a well-constructed story and action to entertain, making it one of Ang Lee´s best.
May 18, 2016
With some of the most beautiful set pieces, art, martial arts fights, and cinematography ever put to film, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon is also a deeply engrossing and spicy drama with plenty of vibrant soul and spark to light its fire
May 17, 2016
One of my favorite films I have ever seen ever!! Catching fire hidden Dragon is one of the true masterpiece by Ang Lee. Every scene is perfectly executed to get to the story. Scenery visuals beautiful, and the traditional language that is put into the film, outstandingly amazing. Having English does is hopefuls, but without it. Just like it if silent film. You really don't need the words to explain the story. This is truly a magnificent some the sea year and I recommend for any film lovers to love film I recommend this film A lot.

Grade
A perfect 10
May 2, 2016
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is a great film. Beautiful Cinematography, beautiful martial arts battles, beautiful scenery, beautiful storyline, this movie is just so beautifully made.