Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon Reviews

½ November 19, 2016
'Crouching Tiger' is one the most beautiful action movies ever made, filled with great martial arts fights and a very touching argument, it's definitely one of Ang Lee's bests.
October 3, 2016
Been so long since I saw this movie that I thought that weird desert romance movie was something totally different from the beautiful martial arts movie I was sure this was. Sad, but pretty good with lots of beautiful scenery and cool martial arts scenes, teenage (even if she was older) angst and romance....
½ September 14, 2016
A simple and peaceful plotted film that will leave hundreds of messages.
August 20, 2016
A film that combines smooth and clear cinematography, lush landscapes, drama that is emotional and engaging, and choreography that is exciting and electrifying. The subtleties of sword-on-sword fighting with the details of specific martial arts styles blend together to evoke an emotional representation of the characters. It's well-shot, well-directed, well-edited, and, well, superb cinema.
½ August 5, 2016
"Levitating Fu" isn't everyone's cup of tea, but if you commit to it's artistic merit as I did you'll be enlightened by it's physical poetry and amazing fight choreography, as well as great imagery, editing and sound design as the cherry on top of the cake.
July 27, 2016
Such a great film, though I've seen it several times, it had been a while and I got a chance to see it in a theatre again. The story is epic, the fight scenes truly amazing, the soundtrack killer, and then magnificent acting. The movie holds up over 15 years later. A true masterpiece!
½ July 23, 2016
Successful movie with great soundtrack.. the theme song: a love before time by coco lee is epic..
July 6, 2016
A beautiful movie to behold, "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" features both a well-constructed story and action to entertain, making it one of Ang Lee´s best.
May 18, 2016
With some of the most beautiful set pieces, art, martial arts fights, and cinematography ever put to film, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon is also a deeply engrossing and spicy drama with plenty of vibrant soul and spark to light its fire
May 17, 2016
One of my favorite films I have ever seen ever!! Catching fire hidden Dragon is one of the true masterpiece by Ang Lee. Every scene is perfectly executed to get to the story. Scenery visuals beautiful, and the traditional language that is put into the film, outstandingly amazing. Having English does is hopefuls, but without it. Just like it if silent film. You really don't need the words to explain the story. This is truly a magnificent some the sea year and I recommend for any film lovers to love film I recommend this film A lot.

Grade
A perfect 10
May 2, 2016
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is a great film. Beautiful Cinematography, beautiful martial arts battles, beautiful scenery, beautiful storyline, this movie is just so beautifully made.
April 23, 2016
the best love story EVER !!
½ April 22, 2016
Wow! Some powerful stuff here. so glad I gave it a second watch so many years later.
April 13, 2016
Ang Lee's cinematic masterpiece Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is an extraordinary film. The story follows a rebellious young woman who has secretly trained to be a warrior and steals the sword of legendary master Li Mu Bai, but upon seeing her power Bai decides to offer her a chance at becoming his apprentice. Zhang Ziyi, Michelle Yeoh, and Chow Yun-fat lead the cast and give excellent performances. And the fight choreography is amazing, with a unique style that's part fantasy. Additionally, the score has a spiritual and majestic quality that beautifully complements the storytelling. Incredibly well-crafted, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is a compelling film about love, duty, and sacrifice.
April 11, 2016
There are some questionable moments (the flashback sequence being one of them) and the story doesn't really make any sense. But overall, Ang Lee's Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is a beautifully directed film with some impressive martial arts battles. Some of the character motivations are poorly realized, but I really enjoyed the action sequences.
April 10, 2016
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is how action should be directed. The movie is swift and paced perfectly. The fights, stunts, and choreography is the best part as well as the amazing cinematography. This film served as a platform for Ang Lee to show of the true talent that he is.
April 8, 2016
Not just your typical martial arts movie, contains romance, a good intrigue and stunning original fighting scenes
½ March 26, 2016
Master director Ang Lee elevates the wire-fu genre in a charming, character-driven art film.
March 23, 2016
Despite brilliant action sequences and beautiful scenery, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon suffers from long spurts of lifeless drama consisting of lazily delivered lines and sloppy editing. Also, am I the only one who was annoyed with the random superhuman jumps mid-action?