The Crow - Salvation Reviews

• Oct 08, 2019

It's a big step from City of Angels and the story was told well. Still not as good as the first movie, but still impressive.

• Sep 04, 2019

Its a good retelling of the story and deserves credit for what it is. A retelling. If you watch it while letting go of Brandon Lees take on the Eric Draven Crow you will enjoy yourself.

• Nov 11, 2018

Bad cringe sequel to a movie I haven't seen yet.

Bad cringe sequel to a movie I haven't seen yet.

• Apr 28, 2018

I thought maybe giving it some time and preparing myself for the disappointment, it wouldn't be so bad, but even after almost two decades its failure has not faded. It's just such a lousy movie. The acting is all around bad, the dialog is brutal, the action is boring, everything about it feels like a cheap TV production, and it's soundtrack is pandering. It's such a shame the series came to this.

• Oct 01, 2016

Two stars for casting the great Fred Ward as the villain. There's nothing else in this third Crow film worth seeing, but Ward is always amazing and even in a supporting part is enough to hold my interest. The plot involves someone wrongly killed coming back to life to thanks to magical crow power or something to right wrongs. Blah, blah, blah. Kirsten Dunst and William Atherton also appear in the film. Rob Zombie was originally set to write and direct this film, and I can't help but think that his film would have been so much better. A missed opportunity by Miramax there.

• Jan 27, 2016

The Crow: Salvation is the third installment of The Crow series and is a vast improvement over the second installment, City of Angels. It is also clearly a B movie, but a very good B movie. Though Kirsten Dunst has a prominent role, the budget is clearly low, and what the movie lacks in terms of overall casting, setting, and effects, it makes up for with great performances by key characters, a decent script, and an athletic star who is believable as an unstoppable undead revenge killer. The movie also explores the concept of The Crow a little bit deeper to imply that coming back from the dead to go on a psychotic killing spree may not be such a great thing because a lot of people end up dead, and all of those people have family members. To that regard, the kill count is well in the double digits. On top of the number of killings, the level of sadism reaches a new high, as a framed man who dies from electric chair comes back from the dead to take on an entire satanic police force. The electric chair is one of the most frightening ways to die, and I found that this movie used that much better than Wes Craven's horrible disappointment, Shocker. The villain is also excellent: played by Fred Ward. He seems to really enjoy the role and it shows. In fact, there is a real chemistry between some of the actors. While it is clearly a lessor production with a less stellar cast than the original, I think fans of the first story will be pleasantly surprised by this.

• Oct 31, 2015

City of Angels was confusing but not bad. It's hard to say if Salvation or the TV series was the biggest turd in the franchise.

• Jun 24, 2015

No were near as good as the first, but has its own unique style to make it worthy to have The Crow name.

• Jun 15, 2015

Low budget revenge flick sequel although third in the series

Low budget revenge flick sequel although third in the series

• Mar 28, 2015

the franchise runs out of gas here.

the franchise runs out of gas here.