Curse of Chucky - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Curse of Chucky Reviews

September 11, 2017
Almost better than the original, it's definitely worth watching.
September 4, 2017
Didn't like this one as much only thing I liked is how it answers questions about his past
July 28, 2017
This was one of the best chucky movies I have ever seen.
July 25, 2017
I suppose there's something to be said for going back to old-school scares once the self-mocking silliness dries up.
July 15, 2017
Now this one is soo good its the best i also love all the other movies chucky my favorite these are all the you have make more plzzz
July 10, 2017
Sigh to script writers. I liked Chucky up to Seed of Chucky, but where the hell was Chucky in all of this movie? Seriously I was waiting for death and destruction Chucky was infamous on and I felt like I wasted $20 to see him playing mystery murderer like the first movie versus him jumping up and stabbing you in the forehead.
July 3, 2017
When I first saw this movie I was amazed. This is my favorite movie in the world.
June 30, 2017
The Child's Play franchise is one of those series of films that may not be great quality horror films but are just fun campy horror films to watch, Their guilty pleasures, what can I say? This film also felt like a return to form, a simple premise of a possessed doll who slaughters people. I thought it was super cool to get Brad Dousef as Chucky again and the original actor who played Andy in the first two films to come out of retirement to play him again after so many years and his cameo alone is worth at least checking it out.
June 29, 2017
I would consider this better than the predecessors . great job. one of the best installments since child's play
½ June 16, 2017
This movie is very underrated. It had a great balance of horror and cheese factor. This film wasnt scary but it was still a good horror film. It also had some neat cameos. If you love Chucky, definitely check this one out

Rating: 7.5/10
June 11, 2017
Very good addition to the Chucky boxset. I'm glad they didn't add the new technology they add to all movies today. "CGI"...... They tried to keep it original and it works. Keep those murders coming Chucky. Lol
½ April 23, 2017
It's been getting a lot of love from others who are fans of the series, but I wasn't impressed. It felt like a cheap reboot to me. The acting was bad and the attempt to tie the story together was lame. It is perhaps the worst Chucky movie so far. (First and only viewing - 4/21/2017)
April 19, 2017
Summary: Curse Of Chucky delivers a compelling story, quality performances, and a memorable post-credits scene. 81/100 [B+]

After the events of Seed of Chucky, Nica, a young woman forced to a wheelchair since birth, has to regroup her sister, Barb and her brother-in-law, Ian for a funeral after the death of her mother. While dealing with Barb, Ian, along with their 5-year-old daughter, Alice; Nica receives an odd package - a creepy doll. After people start showing up dead, the fearless Nica soon suspects that the creepy doll is much more than just a doll. Curse Of Chucky was a fun movie that surprisingly exceeded my expectations, it left me very impressed. The star of the film was Fiona Dourif, she did an excellent job with her character, the rest of the cast was generally good. Brennan Elliott and Danielle Bisutti were the only ones who did not give a solid performance.

If you are a fan of the Child's Play saga, you must see it. Curse of Chucky is a fun, violent and bloody ride. Even though it was flawed, stupid, and manages some cliches of the genre, it is still an enjoyable flick. It uses some CGI effects, but I really don't care, the doll looked realistic enough. The new design of the doll was remarkable, Chucky looks scary again! Moving on, the first act was a bit slow for some people, because the doll does not speak. He said his first words until the second half of the film. During the first half we can see him walking through the rooms, moving his arms, frowning, etc. This could be boring for some people, but it was effective and suspenseful to me. I loved how the movie built up the tension.

I liked the setting of the film, the house was creepy. The score was great too, it increased the suspense at times. The movie kept the tension all the time. I was so interested in the plot and characters. Don Mancini's direction is imaginatively clever, the movie made me feel intrigued and amused. On the plus side, we have an impressive return from the cast of the previous installments; also, the performances were pretty good. Fiona Dourif gave an awesome performance as "Nica". Brad Dourif did Chucky's voice, he was excellent as always. I also want to add that I spent my whole childhood watching the Child's Play franchise. I am a huge fan of these movies, and I absolutely loved this one because it knows what fans want.

Even though it has some silly moments, Curse Of Chucky surprisingly delivers more tension and seriousness in comparison to its predecessors; Chucky is creepy, strong and revengeful again. I will not spoil it, but there is a great post-credits scene that you don't want to miss, it was completely unexpected for me. If you're a huge fan of the Child's Play saga, you will love this movie. Also, in the second half of the film there were so many surprises, and some questions about Charles Lee Ray (the spirit who lives inside of Chucky), will be finally answered. On the negative side, the movie has lots of silly and stupid moments, and some of the characters were so dumb. I still enjoyed it though. [B+]
½ April 6, 2017
Wasn't bad, wasn't great, wasn't scary. The doll hardly moves for the first half of the movie. When it does, it looks great. The deaths are lame and predictable, the ending was pretty good, but in all, you expect more of these movies and this one fell a little short in what I assume would be a reboot.
March 20, 2017
This movies shows that the series didnt die after Seed Of Chucky. Curse Of Chucky is a big step up from the last two movies!
February 17, 2017
The last, to date, Chucky film is definitely the most violent, perhaps done to appease to today's gore crowd. The chucky here is definitely more meaner, a good improvement, and has somewhat ditched the comedy aspect of the Tilly seqels. The plot here isn't that great though, mainly putting Chucky in a spooky old house with plenty of clueless individuals.
February 5, 2017
Yep This Movie in my opinion Is The Worst One in the franchise People Useally Say Child's Play 3 I Thought of that To But when I saw Child's Play 3 I Actually Loved It It was really good But this movie sucked There Wasn't Much Chucky To Me Like And Also woman Being Gay or something hope I didn't talk sexiest or anything But Really I hated this movie a lot!
January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
November 30, 2016
The Child's Play franchise, I must admit is very flawed (mostly due to elements from Bride and Seed of Chucky) but, with this comeback, It's definitely worth the watch. This movie gives a sense of the back story/ roots. I'd say that if Don Mancini and the crew finally make a great and horrifying film with "Child's Play" vibes into it, The franchise will have redeemed itself. My overall thought for this movie is that it is a great set up for the next movie. It's like the bones of a good film to come.
½ November 16, 2016
It brought back the feeling of 1 2 3 . And it's just chucky not the bride and son!! Which I found not funny