Dad Reviews

• Aug 06, 2017

The relationships were authentic thanks particularly to the loving father-son dynamic between Jack Lemmon and Ted Danson, with the former performing really well a little beyond his age while attempting to pull heartstrings of familial emotions that only reached expressively. (B+) (Full review TBD)

• Feb 08, 2017

Dad a le parfum des pires John Hughes, ressemble aux pires John Hughes et est effectivement exactement comme les pires John Hughes. Dad se veut chaleureux et familial quand le film de Gary David Goldberg n'est en fait qu'un mélodrame particulièrement larmoyant et inintéressant, qui envoie du drame par paquet de douze, même quand c'est furieusement irréaliste. Ted Danson et Jack Lemmon font le minimum, Olympia Dukakis est sous-utilisée et Ethan Hawke n'a que peu de choses à faire. C'est dommage car il y avait moyen de faire quelque chose de touchant avec cette histoire de triple génération.

• Aug 03, 2015

An emotional tear-jerking film that overuses the emotions even for its own good, yet is saved by Jack Lemmon's believable performance as the 78-year old Jake Tremont, who, after his wife suddenly collapses, eventually learns to take care of himself with help from his son John, ably played by Ted Danson. And Ethan Hawke, in his early years of acting, gives a good performance as John's son Billy, who has a somewhat recent falling out with his father. Not the best film from Amblin, considering E.T., Back to the Future and Jurassic Park, but is worth a watch.

• Apr 16, 2015

Nice to see Lemon again....would've been nicer in a better movie.

Nice to see Lemon again....would've been nicer in a better movie.

• Sep 02, 2014

Certain Scenes (Danson & Lemmon) Are Perfectly Staged & Presented As True To Life As Can Be...It However Cannot Ride Purely On These Poignant Scenes Alone, So Unfortunately Gets Dragged Down & Backwards In Other Patts...

• Sep 01, 2014

I just watched this for the first time. I loved it I don't know what other movies it was in the running with in 1900 but I bet if this move had been made today, Jack Lemmon would have had a best actor nomination instead of only a nod for the Golden Globe. He was terrific. There were a lot of important lessons in this heartwarming movie.

• Dec 02, 2012

tres touchant pour un film quon ne sattendais pas a regarder lol, jai aimé la facon de réagir différente des personnages, et senti vraiment un drame

• Nov 18, 2012

A stirring film about 3 generations of men trying 2 connect altogether after many years of disconnection. Ted Danson is desperately wanting to connect with his son & spend time with his father also, at first I assumed this film is a comedy but it really isn't. It's more or less a heart felt drama & I think Jack Lemmon is excellent as Ted's father. It was a bit of sleeper this film & didn't do tell week...I thought it was interesting.

• Mar 27, 2012

I know it's overly sentimental and emotionally mechicanical but I'm a sucker for it each viewing

• Nov 26, 2011

Love this movie...10 handkerchiefs for sure.

Love this movie...10 handkerchiefs for sure.