Damien---Omen II Reviews

• Oct 16, 2020

well I am no critic. I thought the movie was good and entertaining as well as the actors and besides being a very good actorr, Jonathon Scott-Taylor was a real cutie in this movie. he couldn't pass for a 13 year old like they wanted him to that age, he looked more like about 14 1/2 at least. I've watched the movie on Encore and Starz about 10 times it came on just to watch him. The 3 1/2 stars I gave meaning it's good-I'd recommend it, not awesome because of the violence. I recommend it if you're a horror buff. I see alot of girls had made videos of their own about him on youtube. He is an internet heartthrob.

• Oct 13, 2020

Pretty much worse in every single way than the first. Damien sucks. Eagle River is cool.

• Jul 15, 2020

It doesn't do enough new with its premise.

It doesn't do enough new with its premise.

• Apr 30, 2020

A solid psychological horror/thriller sequel.

A solid psychological horror/thriller sequel.

• Apr 08, 2020

Not a horrible movie, but other than the fact that Damien is older and there is a higher body count, this movie is almost an exact copy of the far better & classic original.

• Mar 27, 2020

Interesting story and movie

Interesting story and movie

• Sep 26, 2019

Pretty well handled feature. It does have some parts that were high caliber and gave us just enough for a very good sequel in the ongoing homage in the story. Whereas one would have done it justice, part 2 was way better than people would expect it. The stakes were grounded in that he was ready, but time is of the essence. Performances were good, and the directing passable, making it a worthy praise. I will recommend it.

• Sep 27, 2018

One of the more underrated horror sequels I can think of. This one gets hated on too much it's very underrated and in a lot of ways it's a worthy SUCCESSOR to the ORIGINAL. The twist of a teen Damien made for a sweet payoff once he found out his destiny. Once that happens it is gore galore; however before then minus the crow scene it's a lot like the orginal. Damien is mostly LIKEABLE here; he isn't a monster like in the 3rd one and he isn't a little turd like in the orginal he is an average teen trying to live life after a messed up childhood. Scott Taylor did a great job making Damien more likeable here yet he aced the evil scenes. Such a shame he never acted more the kid had serious chops. The story meanwhile is a nicely layered one. It's about CORPORATE ESPIONAGE as much as an antichrist story. Holden's not Peck but he did a solid job here as did Grant. Favorite adult actor here is Lance Henrikson in his early days. You can see his potential as badass horror actor come thru here. The gore is up this time several fold. There's 2 gory scenes that are still creepy now: a reporter gets her face destroyed by a crow and you see a doctor get split by a wire (that effect for his INTESTINES still makes me sick to my stomach now lol.) Add to it the great trapped under the ice bit it's another solid Omen movie in terms of random deaths. Score wise Goldsmith is just as solid and you get a twice as epic score. I love it. All in a solid sequel and a very underrated gem of late 70's horror this one needs more love.

• Sep 20, 2018

2.5/5. Nowhere near as good as the first movie, this second Omen film has some cool kills, solid acting, and interesting ideas, but most of the film is pretty boring and the actor who plays Damien is terrible.

• Sep 12, 2018

An entertaining rehash of The Omen. Damien - Omen II (1978) is a competent and intriguing sequel to one of the greatest horror films ever made from the legendary Richard Donner. Don Taylor is no Donner, but he is clearly a thoughtful director in his own way. On one hand, it is slowly paced, poorly written, and a derivative sequel that borrows heavily from the plot points and aesthetic of The Omen. On the other hand, it is fairly well directed, as many shots look quite beautiful or just cool with the Chicago backdrop and familiar setting. Fancy offices, luxurious lodges, icy lakes, scenic forests, and Chicago streets and train yards complement Damien - Omen II's horror atmosphere. Nice setups and payoffs make the deaths exciting, while not as shocking as The Omen's atrocities. There are a couple cute mini models and rag doll usage during the deaths. The obvious stunt doubles, prop wigs, and fake bird will take you out of the movie. However, the deaths are still grisly with some neat movie tricks to make them look more horrific. The Omen theme still ever present with some nice callbacks to The Omen sonically. The score is still scary, but some moments do not need the jump scare of the soundtrack chiming in, honestly. I still think most audiences will enjoy the score to Damien - Omen II. The acting is probably the movie's saving grace. Overall, the cast is a downgrade from the acting excellence from The Omen. However, Jonathan Scott-Taylor is quite demonic and cruel as a teenage Damien Thorn. He essentially carries the film as we follow him through much of his day. Notably, William Holden is no Gregory Peck, but he is pretty engaging whenever he is on screen. The problem lies in that Holden is heavily underutilized, only getting some great moments towards the last third of the film. Lee Grant is alright as the overly dedicated mother to Damien. Nicholas Pryor is a pleasant surprise as the kindly Dr. friend to the Thorn family. His shocked and scared reactions are great and sometimes subtle. Oddly, Damien - Omen II focuses much of its screen time on Robert Foxworth. He is charismatic in a sleazy and underhanded kind of way, but Holden should have been the main lead that we follow throughout the movie. Overall, this is a surprisingly well done sequel. Damien - Omen II is nice for a single watch to see where The Omen left off and how Damien's rise to power continues. It does feel a little dull and slow at times when it focuses on the Thorn company inducing a man made famine for profit, but the stuff with Damien is cool.