Dazed and Confused - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dazed and Confused Reviews

October 20, 2016
One of the more seminal coming-of-age tales in cinema, and arguably one of the best. Now it plays like a who's who of current-day stars, but the cast definitely connects and the nostalgic ambiance remains timeless.
October 19, 2016
The movie was amazing honestly even though I wasn't even born at the time it really shows you how it used to be back then. I recommend you watch it with a girlfriend because it's a wonderful movie on date night
½ October 19, 2016
Matthew McConaughey. Wow
½ October 15, 2016
I don't get what the big deal is.
½ October 14, 2016
Dazed and Confused is a short coming of age type movie about being in high school. There isn't much of a story, outside of following around a plethora of characters for a single night.
½ October 12, 2016
loved how it brought back the 70's. Other than that, there are some funny scenes but nothing too special.
October 9, 2016
Dazed and Confused is a rare film that manages to feel both vintage and completely contemporary. The decor and clothes might be stuck in the 70s, but the interaction between the characters, driven by hormones and the teenage desperation to fit in transcends time. Dazed and Confused is an entertaining joy ride that somehow manages to also touch on every awkward moment of being a teenager. Linklater has once again captured the essence of life and put it up on screen in a way that makes it completely ordinary and yet deeply profound at the same time.
½ October 8, 2016
Richard Linklater puts together a character driven look into life in high school in the 70s.... A cult classic for good reason, 'Dazed and Confused" marks the screen debut of Matthew McConaughey who parleyed just a few lines into quite a role. The soundtrack is one of the best in feature film history. The songs aren't just there they fit in perfectly. It's a delightful chunk of americana and so is Linklater.
October 5, 2016
Arguably Linklater's best, "Dazed and Confused" is an unforgettable teen angst film with a killer soundtrack.
September 15, 2016
I may be the last poor schmuck to see this movie, but I'm glad I waited as long as I did. You see, I graduated from high school nearly three years ago, and I think I'm the perfect age for this movie: still wayward, still figuring out what God has in store for my life, and still looking back with both endearment and hopeless embarrassment on my high school years. They feel close enough that I can touch them, but I don't want to.
Richard Linklater's perfect coming-of-age comedy is about growing up and staying young in equal turn. The point is that everyone will walk away from this gem with something different. That's the beautiful, insightful, transcendent quality that this side-splitting flick has going for it: timelessness.

DAZED AND CONFUSED launched careers of some of the biggest stars of the '90s and 2000s, but my favorite performance of the bunch is easily Rory Cochrane as the easy-going, thoughtful stoner Slater. He shines very brightly in this movie among a cast of spectacular stars.

This movie can't be missed.
½ September 11, 2016
Just a bland movie about an end of the year party for high schoolers
September 10, 2016
Amazing and a wonderful coming of age drama comedy directed by Richard Linklater
September 5, 2016
We're gonna take a spin. You wanna come?
August 31, 2016
Enjoyable teen summer romp.
August 22, 2016
One of the best films ever

Finally, a film that portrays teenagers as they are
August 15, 2016
One of my favorite movies of all time. I think the only problem with the movie is that it isn't longer. Definitely the best teen film of all time and without a doubt Linklater's best piece of work..
August 2, 2016
Dazed and Confused is a fun take on the 1970s but it's overall aimlessness makes this a film that isn't much of anything.
Grade: C+
August 1, 2016
Very overrated. No way could a level of public hazing exist where so many Senior jocks would want to hurt so many incoming freshman. Just ridiculous.
July 30, 2016
Not much of a story plot but interesting to watch the character development.
July 29, 2016
One of my favorite movies. Every character gets the perfect amount of time. Dialogue and soundtrack are both amazing. It's a pretty funny film with it real humor. Cutting back and watching this film is like chicken noodle soup for the soul.