Dazed and Confused - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dazed and Confused Reviews

September 15, 2016
I may be the last poor schmuck to see this movie, but I'm glad I waited as long as I did. You see, I graduated from high school nearly three years ago, and I think I'm the perfect age for this movie: still wayward, still figuring out what God has in store for my life, and still looking back with both endearment and hopeless embarrassment on my high school years. They feel close enough that I can touch them, but I don't want to.
Richard Linklater's perfect coming-of-age comedy is about growing up and staying young in equal turn. The point is that everyone will walk away from this gem with something different. That's the beautiful, insightful, transcendent quality that this side-splitting flick has going for it: timelessness.

DAZED AND CONFUSED launched careers of some of the biggest stars of the '90s and 2000s, but my favorite performance of the bunch is easily Rory Cochrane as the easy-going, thoughtful stoner Slater. He shines very brightly in this movie among a cast of spectacular stars.

This movie can't be missed.
½ September 11, 2016
Just a bland movie about an end of the year party for high schoolers
September 10, 2016
Amazing and a wonderful coming of age drama comedy directed by Richard Linklater
September 5, 2016
We're gonna take a spin. You wanna come?
August 31, 2016
Enjoyable teen summer romp.
August 22, 2016
One of the best films ever

Finally, a film that portrays teenagers as they are
August 15, 2016
One of my favorite movies of all time. I think the only problem with the movie is that it isn't longer. Definitely the best teen film of all time and without a doubt Linklater's best piece of work..
August 2, 2016
Dazed and Confused is a fun take on the 1970s but it's overall aimlessness makes this a film that isn't much of anything.
Grade: C+
August 1, 2016
Very overrated. No way could a level of public hazing exist where so many Senior jocks would want to hurt so many incoming freshman. Just ridiculous.
July 30, 2016
Not much of a story plot but interesting to watch the character development.
July 29, 2016
One of my favorite movies. Every character gets the perfect amount of time. Dialogue and soundtrack are both amazing. It's a pretty funny film with it real humor. Cutting back and watching this film is like chicken noodle soup for the soul.
July 27, 2016
A perfect encapsulation of high school in the 1970's. Smart, funny, with an amazing soundtrack, Dazed will have you harking back to your high school days trying to remember the good times and bad that happened. There really is no story, it;'s just high school kids trying to party on the last day of school and it works perfect for this movie. A must see.
July 19, 2016
Still such a classic after all these years
July 18, 2016
Though it wanders and has the thinnest of plots, the birth of Matthew McConaughey and Richard Linklater's careers is well worth the watch.
July 14, 2016
THE teen movie to see
July 12, 2016
One of the most outstanding comedies I have seen. It's movies like this that make me wish I was in high school in 1978, sadly I wasn't born until '94. This movie is all about having a good time with friends and a good time IT IS!
July 11, 2016
Almost famous without a point
July 10, 2016
Both perceptive and uproariously funny, "Dazed and Confused" captures the spirit of adolescence with an excellent grasp of the time period, talented young cast and superb soundtrack.
½ July 10, 2016
High school party film on the surface with so much underneath it. What drives the film the most is Linklater's nostalgia for a time of uncertainty, fear but complete liberation. This takes place in the 70s but feels so true to my high school days. One of the best "hangout" films of all time.
½ July 6, 2016
Really solid sophomore effort by Linklater.

Loved his Hitchcock homage, especially.