Dazed and Confused - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dazed and Confused Reviews

½ December 1, 2016
A rare gem! I've never seen a better movie that covers the 70s like this one did so perfectly. Right on spot. The movies plot is empty but somehow the shenanigans carry it all the way to the end without any loss of attention
November 27, 2016
"Dazed and Confused" is a nostalgic trip back to the 1976 and the so-called 'teenage wasteland' that inhabited small suburban towns. Director Richard Linklater gives audiences a solid look into what it was like to be a teenager at that time and explores almost all the stereotypes of its characters. In addition, the film consists of a kick-ass soundtrack and many actors that went on to be A-list celebrities like Ben Affleck and Matthew McConaughey.

The premise of the movie is about the last day of school in a Texas town where the senior boys and girls haze the freshman boys and girls with various forms of punishment and embarrassing acts. The story moves on to follow various characters as their paths cross at a baseball game, the pool hall, and then finally a keg party in the woods. It's a dull plot line with not much substance as the audience essentially just watches the characters get stoned, drink beer, and fight one another.

"Dazed and Confused" is consider one of those "coming-of-age" movies and surely has a massive cult following, and while it's many levels of stupid, it's also a funny, sweet film that captures the era of its time.
November 23, 2016
Somewhat realistic depiction of teen ages in the mid-70s. A bunch of now well-known actors play in this confusing film about nothing. Carrie would almost fit in there. Kids seems quite decent with the usual ones endulging their excessive desires of violence and that get come-upenced. The actors look almost all young enough to be in high school and most of the actions and reactions are very typical of the age. A real flash from the past filmed in 93. DVD included real flashed from the past: crying indian, anti-marihuanna and VD ads that gives the creeps and make you laugh. Ads were not very subtil at the time, and did not involve much thinking most of the time. The anti pot ad was particularly inefficient, must have been made by pot-heads!
November 17, 2016
Dazed and Confused is the definitive coming-of-age movie of the 20th century.
½ November 14, 2016
Life doesn't have the plot. In that respect Richard Linklaters style is on full display here. Late night Friday fun while gettin' blazed in your Winnie!
½ November 13, 2016
American Graffiti much?
November 11, 2016
10 out of 10:

Nostalgic, funny, and filled with entertaining moments, Dazed and Confused makes for one of the best high school movies.
½ October 31, 2016
Just teenagers in rebellion against authority. Long, pointless, and boring. Not funny. No redeeming qualities that I can see except for the good soundtrack, which you can listen to without having to see the movie.
October 20, 2016
One of the more seminal coming-of-age tales in cinema, and arguably one of the best. Now it plays like a who's who of current-day stars, but the cast definitely connects and the nostalgic ambiance remains timeless.
October 19, 2016
The movie was amazing honestly even though I wasn't even born at the time it really shows you how it used to be back then. I recommend you watch it with a girlfriend because it's a wonderful movie on date night
½ October 19, 2016
Matthew McConaughey. Wow
½ October 15, 2016
I don't get what the big deal is.
½ October 14, 2016
Dazed and Confused is a short coming of age type movie about being in high school. There isn't much of a story, outside of following around a plethora of characters for a single night.
½ October 12, 2016
loved how it brought back the 70's. Other than that, there are some funny scenes but nothing too special.
October 9, 2016
Dazed and Confused is a rare film that manages to feel both vintage and completely contemporary. The decor and clothes might be stuck in the 70s, but the interaction between the characters, driven by hormones and the teenage desperation to fit in transcends time. Dazed and Confused is an entertaining joy ride that somehow manages to also touch on every awkward moment of being a teenager. Linklater has once again captured the essence of life and put it up on screen in a way that makes it completely ordinary and yet deeply profound at the same time.
½ October 8, 2016
Richard Linklater puts together a character driven look into life in high school in the 70s.... A cult classic for good reason, 'Dazed and Confused" marks the screen debut of Matthew McConaughey who parleyed just a few lines into quite a role. The soundtrack is one of the best in feature film history. The songs aren't just there they fit in perfectly. It's a delightful chunk of americana and so is Linklater.
October 5, 2016
Arguably Linklater's best, "Dazed and Confused" is an unforgettable teen angst film with a killer soundtrack.
September 15, 2016
I may be the last poor schmuck to see this movie, but I'm glad I waited as long as I did. You see, I graduated from high school nearly three years ago, and I think I'm the perfect age for this movie: still wayward, still figuring out what God has in store for my life, and still looking back with both endearment and hopeless embarrassment on my high school years. They feel close enough that I can touch them, but I don't want to.
Richard Linklater's perfect coming-of-age comedy is about growing up and staying young in equal turn. The point is that everyone will walk away from this gem with something different. That's the beautiful, insightful, transcendent quality that this side-splitting flick has going for it: timelessness.

DAZED AND CONFUSED launched careers of some of the biggest stars of the '90s and 2000s, but my favorite performance of the bunch is easily Rory Cochrane as the easy-going, thoughtful stoner Slater. He shines very brightly in this movie among a cast of spectacular stars.

This movie can't be missed.
½ September 11, 2016
Just a bland movie about an end of the year party for high schoolers
September 10, 2016
Amazing and a wonderful coming of age drama comedy directed by Richard Linklater