Dear Ex Reviews

• Jul 13, 2019

I could say that this movie is a complete package. It made me laugh, sad, happy during the whole movie. Recommended!

• Mar 13, 2019

This story feels real as it depicts the struggles of two people - a man and a woman - who both love a men so deeply. So achingly bittersweet and the acting is ever as emotionally charged. The son’s narration interspersed with cute animation makes it lighthearted at times.

• Mar 06, 2019

Finally a good film depicting Taiwan's crazy realities and also a good warm-hearted drama

• Mar 02, 2019

Remarkably moving, tear enducing and overall wholesome movie.

Remarkably moving, tear enducing and overall wholesome movie.

• Feb 26, 2019

Its was so real, all the sceens are so real and current. The surprise twist in the ending is so refreshing. A heavy drama movie.

• Feb 17, 2019

I love the way the movie tells the stories.

I love the way the movie tells the stories.

• Feb 09, 2019

love can chance everything except death anyway this film so beautiful

love can chance everything except death anyway this film so beautiful

• Feb 06, 2019

"Dear Ex" is such a raw, emotional journey. It's a movie about loss, love, family, betrayal and tragedy. It's packed with very emotional scenes, that can sometimes become tragically comical. Ying-Xuan Hsieh is basically a powerhouse of acting I'm blown away by her mastery. She owns every scene she is in. Roy Chiu has done a fantastic job in portraying the mysterious male lover that ruined the family of our story. It's a story about how a son and his mother try to cope after his father's death, while everything the father owned is passed into the hands of his male lover. It's brilliantly comical in its own tragedy. "Dear Ex" had me feeling all kinds of emotions, while keeping me fully invested in the story. The talent in this one is exceptional. "Dear Ex" is translated more accurately as "Who Loved Him First" and that's the title I would prefer. It's a woman's need to prove to herself that all she had lived has meant something, and a son's agony to translate everything's that changed his life and a lover's last love letter to the man of his life. "Dear Ex" is a very beautiful movie.