D.E.B.S. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

D.E.B.S. Reviews

January 2, 2017
I actually unironically liked this movie. It was stupid and ridiculous and the fact that it contains an Oscar nominee out of nowhere is also...really weird, but it's funny and feelgood and silly. I thought it was charming.
September 17, 2016
D.E.B.S(20004)
Starring: Sara Foster, Megan Good, Jordana Brewster, Christina Kirk, Geoff Stults, Jill Richie, Jimmi Simpson, Holland Taylor, Michael Clarke Duncan, and Jessica Cauffiel
Written&Directed By: Angela Robinson
Review
EVIL IS SO TOTALLY BUSTED!
Well I'll give the movie this much it's better than Blue is The Warmest color. Otherwise the best lesbian movie I've ever seen.
Encrypted within the SAT is a secret test that measures a girls potential for espionage. Amy, Janet, Dominique and Max score so high that they're recruited to join the elite mercenary group known as the D.E.B.S.
Amy the leader of the group is a latent lesbian. Lucy Diamond is a thief master criminal goes on a blind date with a semiretired Russian named Ninotchka. When the D.E.B.S monitor the date on a surveillance assignment. Amy is attracted to the smiling, seductive Lucy, which causes security complications.
In such a film taxonomy is personality, once you've got the label straight, you know all you're ever going to need to know about to character. In addition to Amy, who is a lesbian, we meet Max who is black, Janet who is white, and Janet who corners the market on character attributes by being Asian with a french accent who smokes all the time.
This film is awfully messy, has attractive women that are stereotyped but that doesn't make it any better. I'm giving D.E.B.S a one out of five.
July 31, 2016
7/31/2016: It had potential of being a good movie, but was just too silly. Beautiful girls though.
April 22, 2015
Forgot how fun this movie was. One of the best soundtracks too.
jjnxn
February 27, 2015
As lightweight as cotton candy with about as much meaning but cute in its flyaway fashion.
November 27, 2014
Funny. It wasn't a waste of time, but also not the best thing I've seen. You'd definitely have a good time if you don't watch it expecting some kind of lesbian version of James Bonds movies.
I just wanted more plot and development, there isn't much of it. :/
November 7, 2014
Jordana Brewster is great in this.
Clintus M.
½ June 27, 2014
DEBS is a hilarious spoof. Sure, its spoofs Clueless and Charlie's Angels, but throw in Austin Powers-ish James Bonds films too. Oh, and add a dose of comic lesbianism too. I loved everyone in this production, but especially villain Jordana Brewster (of Fast and Furious fame). She far sexier than Goldfinger or Dr. Evil and younger and less villainous than Demi Moore in CA2. Veterans Holland Taylor and Michael Clarke Duncan display unexpected comedic chops in this silly take on the spy genre. Also, while I'm making comparisons, the ending reminds me of Top Gun mixed with Thelma and Louise!

This movie isn't exactly James Bond versus SPECTRE, but those guys never had a bra-snapping scene! So, prepare to be entertained by the smartest sexiest schoolgirls to ever join the espionage game. It's so ridiculous, clichéd, and corny, you have to laugh throughout, but the lesbian relationship angle is handled with surprising maturity. It's a lot of light-hearted fun, and regardless of your sexual orientation, you'll fall in love with Jordana. Maybe it's all part of the designed appeal, but the cheap production quality causes me to deduct a few points.
½ May 30, 2014
It's fun haha. Only movie I've seen about young adult all girl spy agency fighting against woman super villain who is lesbian and falls in love with the best spy in the agency.
April 28, 2014
Charming. One of those films that, while not really very good, are also great fun. I watch it every time it's on cable. In fact I think I need to own it.
November 4, 2013
Sultry crime boss Lucy Diamond (Jordana Brewster) is back in the states and the D.E.B.S. - an elite team of paramilitary college co-ed super spies - are hot on her trail.

But when their top agent, gorgeous Amy Bradshaw (Sara Foster) mysteriously disappears after coming face to face with the attractive young villainess, the D.E.B.S. begin a full-scale search for Lucy's secret lair, never suspecting that Amy may not want to be rescued after all.

also stars Devon Aoki, Meagan Good, Jill Ritchie, Holland Taylor, Michael Clarke Duncan, Geoff Stults and Jimmi Simpson.

directed by Angela Robinson.
October 31, 2013
Funny anda romantic!!
October 29, 2013
Jordan's Brewster (from Fast and the Furious) stars in this hipster sattire about a criminal being hunted by a hot all girl unit of spies.
½ October 16, 2013
One of the worst and dumbest movies I've seen. Poorly acted and the storyline was awful.
½ October 7, 2013
I liked this movie. It is one of those cheesy bubble gum teenage movies that incorporates some humor into it.. The relationship that goes on between Lucy Diamond and Amy kind of reminds me of the movie "But I'm a Cheerleader" but with a different story line . The acting is believable and played well, especially with a story line that seems unlikely to occur in real life. I think this movie would appeal the most to teenagers and those who like satire comedies, but is something anyone can enjoy.
August 8, 2013
gotta say it was pretty goooood
lol
April 11, 2013
This is great, one of my favs, especially since it has a happy ending!
February 16, 2013
Soooooo good, cute, and funny. The cast is fuckin hot!;)
February 10, 2013
Awful acting and storytelling, D.E.B.S is always missing pieces and doesn't have any background information to keep the viewer from caring.