Deep Web Reviews

• Aug 06, 2017

Biased towards the point of view of a known criminal.

Biased towards the point of view of a known criminal.

• Jun 15, 2017

de como la tecnología nos protege de los gobiernos...

de como la tecnología nos protege de los gobiernos...

• Nov 22, 2016

A documentary telling people that restrictions on freedom are dragging people into other quests.

• Sep 30, 2016

I support Ross Ulbritch idealist thoughts, but im kind of confused about if Silk Road didn't create parallel dark bussiness as well.

• Aug 29, 2016

On amazon streaming. Deep web was very fascinating and took a turn in the political injustice realm like "how to make a murder" which I did not expect.

• Apr 24, 2016

Documentário interessante...que deixa você com uma faca de dois gumes na cabeça.... 1. Foi justo a sentença de prisão perpetua? 2. O governo pode realmente invadir qualquer um sem justificar? E enquanto isso...estamos aqui no miolo dessa guerra para manter nossa privacidade.

• Mar 20, 2016

A deeply fascinating documentary taking a side on the "deep web" discussion one might not expect. The moral grey areas and injustices done on the side of our government are on full display here.

• Billie P Super Reviewer
    Jan 29, 2016

"Deep Web" (2015) is a bit of a misnomer for what this film is about. The concept of the deep web is that more abundant portion of the Internet where a lot of activities and transactions go on, beyond what the superficial traffic we see every day. But the film is only tangentially about that. What the film is really about is about the Silk Road and its mysterious leader, Dread Pirate Roberts. The Silk Road was a secret Internet site where people could buy and sell mainly drugs using electronic currency. It was founded with an anarcho-capitalist creed: consenting adults who are of age should have the right to buy and sell what they would like without outside interference or control. Its founder Dread Pirate Roberts used his nom de plume and message board platform on the Internet's Silk Road in order to spread this political message. Because of this freedom and his message, many people praised the anonymous Dread Pirate Roberts for being a champion of libertarian values. Everything came to a head when the U.S. government got involved to crack down on the website, since it is illegal to buy, sell, or distribute certain kinds of drugs within the United States. Another surprising turn was that people discovered that Dread Pirate Roberts himself, or someone who might have been using his name, had contracted hitmen to kill members of the Silk Road who were willing to reveal to federal authorities how the Silk Road system operated. Although no contract killings were carried out, according to the criminal records money did exchange hands for those services. This event had people rethinking the intentions and motivations, if not of the Silk Road at least of its administrator Dread Pirate Roberts. The film is provocative and challenging, and writing about it makes me realize that I like the film a lot better than I thought I had. The only reason why I might not be able to recommend it enthusiastically is that the film is not really about what it purports to be about. Had the film been called "The Story of the Internet Silk Road" or something more to the point of the film, I think I would be quicker to endorse it. But still another reason why I might feel uncomfortable endorsing it is that I don't really think it's a must-see. Perhaps if the film focused more on the service and less on its founder.

• Jan 21, 2016

Best documentary of 2015 ... more to come.

Best documentary of 2015 ... more to come.

• Jan 21, 2016

An interesting documentary it mainly focuses on silk road and its inventor ross ulbricht. i never really knew much about deep web/dark web until more recently it seems to becoming more common knowledge which i guess is a bad thing. if your curious like me then i guess you can just google it to learn more. GOOGLE this - the ultimate guide to the deep web by sick chirpse. I havnt bother trying to actually enter but, and I dont advise you to. re.4-4.5