The Departed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Departed Reviews

December 1, 2016
one of scorcese's masterpieces
November 29, 2016
A star-studded cast equates to a five-star rating. This crime thriller has you on the edge of your seat with every revelation. The last few scenes are haunting, shocking, satisfying, and lead to an ending that makes this film a must-see and one of Scorses's best.
November 26, 2016
Rating: 8.5 out of 10.
½ November 18, 2016
**** 1/2
Already considered a modern-day classic, this Scorsese movie is one of his best, featuring great performances from everyone involved and a twisty-turny screenplay that's vastly entertaining, all backed up with his unique style
½ November 5, 2016
Mediocre film despite the all-star casting.
½ October 31, 2016
Amazing film. Love it!
½ October 17, 2016
Scorsese, like Tarantino, has spent his whole life making one-dimensional gratuitously violent unsympathetic meaningless rubbish like this. I was uncertain in the end whether or not to log this as a comedy! Just about everyone dies : just as they all deserve.
October 15, 2016
I found this movie very exciting until near the finish where I felt it just lacked something. It was anti-climatic. It was such a good story that perhaps I expected too much at the end. Regardless, it has big actors, lots of action, and is worth a look.
October 12, 2016
Martin Scorsese's best film since "Goodfellas."
September 23, 2016
This is a better version then the Chinese one. Matt Damon and Leonardo DiCaprio is absolutely the beast of this film. Jack Nicholson should be in a comedy because he is good but he isn't as bad as Matt Damon. I hate dirty cops. This reminds me of Training Day when Denzel Washington plays the villain dirty cop. A must see film
½ September 22, 2016
A little slow at the beginning, but everything else makes this a very unique and fantastic experience. Top notch acting, and almost exceptional plot progression.
September 17, 2016
When it comes to a Martin Scorsese film, it is not a surprise for me to be highly expected for what he can do with his filmmaking skills. However, I was not ready for the superior acting delivered by Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, and Mark Wahlberg.
½ September 9, 2016
The cast does an outstanding job and drives the movie with funny, often profane and very witty dialogues. Even though the ending felt a little rushed and somewhat unjustified, the movie was absorbing and super entertaining.
½ September 6, 2016
Great crime film (would've been next level had it not been for a couple flaws), featuring next level work from Matt Damon and Jack Nicholson
½ August 31, 2016
Really engaging film! Only wish that Vera's character had more of a purpose than just being a one dimensional love interest between Damon and Dicaprio.
August 27, 2016
For me, the ending almost ruins the movie. DiCaprio is great in it.
½ August 19, 2016
Unbelievable cast! Painfully slow at times.
August 18, 2016
Finally got to check this movie off my To See list - well worth the wait.
August 18, 2016
One of the great gangster films of all time - Scorsese really nailed it with this film and it was worthy of the Oscars it one. Great cast and another brilliant acting performance by Jack Nicholson.
August 13, 2016
It may cause too much weight on viewer that none of the characters knows what's going on.