Desire Reviews

• Jan 31, 2019

The best romance movie ever made!

The best romance movie ever made!

• Aug 09, 2017

Desire is an excellent film. It is about an automotive engineer bound for a holiday in Spain who meets a sultry jewel thief. Marlene Dietrich and Gary Cooper give incredible performances. The screenplay is well written. Frank Borzage did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the drama and romance. Desire is a must see.

• Sep 03, 2014

#2 ngpairi oof cooper & dietrich the 1st was 'morocco' pre-code sizzler

#2 ngpairi oof cooper & dietrich the 1st was 'morocco' pre-code sizzler

• Jan 21, 2011

"Don't underestimate America, it's a big country... "

"Don't underestimate America, it's a big country... "

• Dec 03, 2008

Funny romantic comedy about an engineer who falls in love with a jewel thief. Gary Cooper is sweet and Marlene Dietrich exquisitely beautiful.

• Aug 18, 2008

It's pretty interesting the fact that it must the 3rd or 4th movie I see with Marlene Dietrich as protagonist in the last few monthes and in all three I can remember (Angel, Witness for the Prosecution and this one) her character is a liar. The nouvelle vagues' auteur theory says that the good directors career has to be seen globally. Is it possible to apply this to actors as well? Remembering Hitchcock's comment on actors being cattle it is hard to believe (not that actors aren't able to become great directors but perceiving them as tools in the director's or producer's grasp). It is maybe her European origin that made producers cast her as a liar.

• Jul 09, 2008

Classic screwball comedy with Dietrich showing a great sense of humor.

Classic screwball comedy with Dietrich showing a great sense of humor.

• Jun 16, 2008

I thought this was fun! Gary Cooper's character is funny and mesmerizing. *Sigh* :)

• Apr 25, 2008

Solid film, though it's much more Lubitsch than it is Borzage.

Solid film, though it's much more Lubitsch than it is Borzage.

• Dec 14, 2007

Great old school movie .. While seeing the movie I became nostalgic of a time I've never met ..