Desperado Reviews

• Aug 26, 2020

Buena! Muy entretenida.

Buena! Muy entretenida.

• Aug 25, 2020

Robert Rodriguez once again shows his craft for Mexican cinema this is 1 year before 'From Dusk til Dawn' but still featuring many of his dear collaborative actors and love for vigilante thrills with a big budget Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek, Cheech Marin, Steve Buscemi, Danny Trejo 'Machete', and of course Quentin Tarentino the movie has its share of high-octane thrills, sex, explosions, and thirst for revenge Banderas in his first action outing is a mariachi guiatar player with a loaded arsenal out for revenge against a crime lord named Bucho who uses his money through many of the citizens in Mexico along the way he meets a local business woman named Carolina played by Hayek who has something she's keeping under wraps but also wanting her freedom Almost everyone is out for this mariachi's blood from using guns to even a knife wielder that's mute hell the climax is actually pretty damn cool involving a big shootout complete with armed guitar cases that shoot bullets and rockets! now that's freaking awesome the final scene also reveals quite a shocking twist making this mariachi's journey that much more personal the fun never lets up; even if the action settles down in certain moments for drama it's the sizzling chemistry of Hayek and Banderas that keeps us glued to the intense endeavour true there may be more style than substance this still remains one of Rodriguez's earliest and solid successes it's still a memorable entry in his huge roster of the Mexican cinema landscape

• Aug 13, 2020

A funny movie with intentionally over the top action where Spagetthi western meets a drug cartel.

• Aug 09, 2020

While not as good as El Mariachi this sequel still holds up well as it's own movie. It's entertaining, funny and well acted but some of the plot points in this movie are very cliche but they can be overlooked because of the fantastic action scenes and stylish editing.

• Jul 08, 2020

A blast. As much as I love the original Antonio Banderas brings a lot more to the lead role.

• Jul 07, 2020

Muito bom filme maravilhoso com muita ação

Muito bom filme maravilhoso com muita ação

• May 17, 2020

If you know Robert Rodriguez movies then you know the action will be off the wall. This is one of his better movies and is the 2nd movie in a trilogy. I never watched the first one as I was told there is not need. This movie doesn't really confuse you if you choose to skip it like it did. Overall it is worth checking out if you ever get the time.

• Apr 23, 2020

This is by far my most favorite movie of all time! Great action, fantastic story line and all around amazing acting and on a budget.

• Dec 15, 2019

Incredible, a classic, the best tarantino movie

Incredible, a classic, the best tarantino movie

• Oct 15, 2019

The one-liners, I can see, would make the whole screen scream for Antonio Banderas, I know I would. Desperado The director Robert Rodriguiz cannot get my attention enough. And I love it. The entire filmography of his tickles my brain. What? Why? And how? First of all, his commercialized version of a film is pretty close to the art form he wishes to speak. Now, this is my window in. I love these aspects of his films. The Tarantino alike- it is not a surprise since they have collaborated with each other plenty of time over the years- stories or call it a monologue that these guys share is the way to hook you in. So why not go through it. Now take Tarantino's films for instance. These stories, fables, tid bits is what we call the crisp, the entertainment part of the film. Just as the violence, the action in the film is. What then Tarantino does with the rest of the time, is ground these parties, the enjoyment, the weekend of the film with is proper heavy and profound themes with a new take and perspective. Now, this is where Robert falls short. His film, if not rummaging around the jokes and the action, will simply color the film and the characters with incredibly filmy or more expressively lofty substances. Not even substances but scenarios. These scenes that he wishes to project doesn't only feel forced but also questionable. The choices that these stereotypical one dimensional characters make, is something wrongly unfathomable. And to add more trouble Robert too isn't balancing the laws that he establishes. Take the last act of Desperado. One where our protagonist after a battle that he fought with a half-grin plastered across his face, now is told to draw out empathy as a character that he is emotionally connected is hospitalized. I still don't understand the existence of that last piece and certainly not the way it is projected.