Die Hard 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Die Hard 2 Reviews

½ October 19, 2017
Just as good as the first one.
October 16, 2017
This movie pretty much has same plot, story, and season. Just like the first one but with less in it. Honestly though, it's probably not the best movie sequel but it's still fun and entertaining to watch and Bruce Willis still has his sarcasm and humor which helps make the film a lot better
October 4, 2017
It's a weaker movie in comparison to the first, but entertaining nonetheless.
October 3, 2017
Pretty decent. Terrific performance by John Amos!
½ October 3, 2017
After Die Hard hit it's predecessor for the audience and me, Die Hard 2 hit the big screen. It may not be as good as each other but it's still had the thrills and action and the music from Michael Kamen. Bruce Willis reprises his role as John McClane and all the suspense with the action still hits the film with all the dignity. After the people are saved at the Nakakomi Plaza, John has to save the people at the airport from the plane crashes caused by the terrorists including Col. Stuart played by William Sadler. There's only one plane crash which is caused by Col. Stuart and John gets upset. The people who are not from the first film know John McClane because he saved hostages at the Nakatomi Plaza. Jeez, that's a coincidence. I actually love the ending fight scene and the plane explosion. Surely I can't even get over this movie much like the first film. I would talk much about it but I can't do it anymore. It's just McClane shooting terrorists and saving the airport even though I know what causes the plane crash. It took place on Christmas Eve much like the first Die Hard and Bruce still says the line that is from the first film. Yep, you guessed it, "Yippie-ki-yay, motherf£$ker!" I'll bet he says that in all of the Die Hard films. While Die Hard is the most popular and memorable film of all time, Die Hard 2 had it's reputation to become a sequel and to think that Die Hard had to milk in all the sequels to impress audience and critics and myself alike. Many people say that this is the worst out of all of them, well I disagree with them, I just love and think it's a great sequel, okay, not that great but still good. But now the fifth film came out, people went mad. They said they don't like the fifth film and calling it a piece of crap. The recent Die Hard films are nothing compare to the old ones. And in the third film, it won't be the same with Holly McClane, Richard Thornberg and Al Powell from the first one to be precise. Yeah, I know he had a small role in the second film which I'm doing but that's just when he was in Los Angeles. Either ways that's Die Hard 2, a sequel to Die Hard, have my congratulations.
½ September 24, 2017
The film loses the original's fantastic villain and the action and plot gets a little too absurd for its own good but Bruce Willis helps make this a watchable action film that'll at the very least be watched, enjoyed and forgotten.
September 3, 2017
Willis reprises his role as tenacious cop John McClane who yet again ends up at the wrong place at the wrong time. The action occurs at Dulles International Airport where Franco Nero, who plays a politician/accused drug smuggler who is being brought in. The chase is on as things start to go terribly awry with Nero's group of terrorists attempting to plan a great escape for him. The radio transmitters go down, there are games played with the landing of planes, and Willis's wife (Bonnie Bedelia) is on one of those planes. Willis races against time to try to save as many people as he can and infiltrate the terrorists invading the airport and the planes overhead. A depraved plane crash and plenty of other stunts add to an over-the-top action experience, which is exactly what we look for in these types of films. Willis proves he can still pique our interest as McClane and leaves us somewhat excited to see what the franchise can do next.
August 14, 2017
Die Hard 2 is awesome. It isn't as good as the original, but it's not as good as the original. It is still a must see if you were a fan of the first movie.
½ July 30, 2017
The originality and the energy may be lost, but the action and Bruce Willis' killer attitude make for an entertaining sequel.
June 3, 2017
not as good as its predecessor. considered the worst of the die hard flicks but still very enjoyable.
½ May 28, 2017
Review (1~5)

#Content: Script 4 | Acting 3 | Cinematography 3 | Film Editing 3

#Visual: Costume Design 3 | Makeup & Hairstyling 3 | Scenic Design 3 | Lighting 4 | Visual Effects 4

#Sound: Score & Soundtracks 4 | Sound Editing & Mixing 4

#Overall (1~10): 7
½ April 14, 2017
4/14/2017: A decent movie. My least favorite of the series though.
½ March 23, 2017
Not as good as the original, but still not a bad movie.
March 19, 2017
Pulling no punches and making no excuses, this action packed sequel is tremendous fun if somewhat sillier than the original.
½ March 2, 2017
Man this is a ok movie but the idea of him having bad Christmas is a die hard tradition
March 1, 2017
Rating: 64%
Ridiculously overblown and written with cheese, Die Hard 2: Die Harder amps up the big action but forgets to give audiences a plot and villain that are at least on par with the ones in the first.
½ February 9, 2017
I'm a fan of John McClain so this works. The plot is not nearly as entertaining as the first film, some moments where the film is down right frustrating to watch. Harder to watch again and again, but it's a good
½ January 23, 2017
I expected this to be just like the first one, but in an airport. However, it had John McClane interact with multiple people throughout the movie and it contained many one-on-one fights, which kicked a lot of ass.
January 15, 2017
Like die hard but on solid ground and the villain is not as good as Hans Gruber.
January 10, 2017
It's good movie to watch