Die Wand (The Wall) Reviews

• Feb 01, 2020

Haunting, terrifying, thought provoking and beautiful.

Haunting, terrifying, thought provoking and beautiful.

• Dec 16, 2019

Wonderful storyline and so is the actor.

Wonderful storyline and so is the actor.

• Jul 17, 2017

The slow pacing can feel like it's testing the viewer, and at times the narrative, very much relying on voice-over, seems as lost or as stuck as the woman in the woods. Yet the core of the story is intriguing and beautiful, and the images in it are gorgeous. The acting is very good, but we don't get a lot from it, because the woman never speaks except in voice-over, so we see just her actions, and at times only long close-ups of her face staring into the distance while the voice-over talks.

• Mar 22, 2016

Undoubtedly beautiful as this film is to look at it proves to be something of a grind. With the only dialogue that of a voiceover narration taken, one would assume, directly from the novel the film is based upon it feels like excerpts from an audio accompanied by moving pictures. Other entries into the lone survivor genre such as The Martian or Castaway work at their best when we observe the protagonist under go the trial of loneliness whilst trying to stay alive and can only wonder at what must be going through their minds. For me, Having each nuance of emotion read out disengaged me and I struggled to enjoy this film.

• Mar 15, 2015

muy buena! me sorprendió mucho, muy buena

muy buena! me sorprendió mucho, muy buena

• Nov 16, 2014

It starts as something mysterious and different, but quickly abandons that to be a simple survival movie. Its an effective survival movie, but the bigger plot of the wall is so glossed over and very quickly forgotten. This is unreal as most human beings would spend a lifetime trying to escape. She didn't want to try and dig out cause it would be too tiring?? Again...it is a decent movie as a 'survive in the woods' type of story, but I wanted more.

• Oct 29, 2014

where it is a unique and original story, it feels like they couldn't really sum up the character into anything- which makes you feel like you just watched 2 hours of what will continue to be 2 hours forever. again, good concept- but kinda time wasteful. :/

• Carlos M Super Reviewer
    Oct 15, 2014

Despite Gedeck's strong performance and a splendid cinematography that makes the most of its gorgeous locations, it raises several questions and ideas that are never fully explored, while the unnecessary and annoyingly intrusive narration makes it seem like a filmed novel.

• familiar s Super Reviewer
    Sep 19, 2014

Too absurd to be watched without feeling the need to fast-forward every now and again. Genuine as the subject may be, it simply failed to indulge me. In fact, IMO, this great original idea should have been left on paper in the first place. For the want of rating, 0.5/5. Actual rating: 0/5.

• Aug 14, 2014

Downbeat with its strange but alluring storyline of being trapped in, part of and isolated within a beautiful landscape - the gorgeous scenery is fully utilised by the director. The premise of why she's stuck there never gets explored, but this is more of a metaphor film than a sci-fi mystery.