Dinner Rush Reviews

• Mar 30, 2016

Dinner Rush might be the best film you've never seen, and maybe one of the most underrated gangster flics of all time. As well as the fore mentioned the film is overall great in every aspect. The entire film takes place in a trendy NY Italian restaurant, it captures the essence and movement of the restaurant business to perfection. The films slow motion shots through the cook line to capture the action shows the pure affinity for food and is conveyed with great care. Give this film a chance, it will immediately capture your interest and leave you in awe until the last course.

• May 20, 2014

well written script and all around great acting. worth your time.

well written script and all around great acting. worth your time.

• May 10, 2013

A great slice of life, basically on evening at a busy NYC restaurant. Many relationships play out. I love the acting in this movie.

• Apr 09, 2013

Great movie - must-see. Alex Corrado as the "heavy' very under-rated playing with John McGlone. Danny Aiello - as always one of the best actors - supporting cast exceptional.

• Feb 15, 2013

loved it... it made me hungry in a lot of spots.

loved it... it made me hungry in a lot of spots.

• Jan 02, 2013

Might the the greatest movie that nobody has ever seen. Multiple plots, all flying in different directions, and yet they all manage to come together. Simply put, a brilliant film.

• Nov 11, 2012

This film is brilliant. Laid back with a kick.

This film is brilliant. Laid back with a kick.

• Sep 10, 2012

Well acted, entertaining movie. Some plot limitations but very watchable

Well acted, entertaining movie. Some plot limitations but very watchable

• Sep 03, 2012

Like a modern restaurant this is more about the style than the substance, but the myriad of plots are smartly held together and a large cast is managed well by director Giraldi and given memorable individuality by a smart script.

• May 10, 2012

Independent films have got liberty to take their plot and characterization to the level of audience-liking-them. We are very much in-debt to these independent films, which have filled our lives such Reservoir Dogs, Chop Shop, Man Push Cart etc. Since I am very much interested in foods, and I have always loved to see characters dining, either at home or in restaurants, such scenes have always increased my enthusiasm. Thank God, I finally could get this excellent movie from Bob Giraldi, who has taken total liberty to deal and interlock characters inside an Italian restaurant (Giraldi himself was owner of restaurant), which is supposedly a spot for mobsters. Here is restaurant owner who denies his links with criminal life, his son is master chef. From staff at kitchen to restaurant lobby, we have each single character filling devoid space with absolute entertainment. The movie explores various characters of in-demand characters with solid backgrounds, loan-shark, gambling, food-critic, police, mobster, intellectual, art, romance, film critic and so much more. I simply adore the work of lighting, the camera-man works his way through adjusting characters in compound places.