Dirty Girl - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dirty Girl Reviews

January 18, 2016
Full of stereotypes, but has enough twists and turns to make it interesting.
½ May 28, 2015
Juno Temple is a Dirty Girl in this satirical indie comedy. Set in the 1980s, a rebellious high school girl hitches a ride with a gay student who's running away from home so that she can go on a cross-country trip to find her estranged father. Temple gives a strong performance and there are some nice supporting performances by Milla Jovovich and Mary Steenburgen. Additionally, the '80s aesthetic is used quite well; especially the music. However, for a road trip comedy the plot doesn't really go anywhere interesting or seem that exciting. Dirt Girl is a bit of fun at times, but it's held back by the weak writing and directing.
May 24, 2015
While the unlikely friendship between the main characters isn't exactly ground-breaking, it is charming. It is really a morality play, with life lessons learned all around by the end and the one villain getting his comeuppance. The supporting cast is very good: Milla Jovovich with Mary Steenburgen bonding with each other, and Dwight Yoakam and William H. Macy both a bit over the top.
½ May 17, 2015
Dark, on-the-road dracomedy on friendship and family.
May 14, 2015
Extra Cheesy. Super Funny. Heart Warming Message. BEST SOUNDTRACK FOR 1987 DIRTY GIRL!!!
½ January 26, 2015
Dirty Girl lack a lot of humor. It has nothing new to offer. but one big boring long ride that will make you never wish for again.
And nothing makes this teen comedy movie stands out.
It seems to borrow ideas from other movies. and doesn't know how to tell a story.
Despite the fact that the tittle is Dirty Girl. But it doesn't do anything about. It doesn't take advantage of the 1980s either.
December 1, 2014
wow that guy is super gay in this movie. overkill gay
½ October 26, 2014
I don't understand why people don't like this movie. Sure, it had some cliche stuff at the end, but it worked. Great acting, great story.
October 8, 2014
Not really what I expected but, it was ok. A troubled girl on a quest to find her father. Good musik though.
July 11, 2014
I loved the movie, it even made me cry!! It was hilarious and entertaining. It also had some very good morals in the story.
July 10, 2014
Great movie. Went on a date with the gay actor from this movie haha
½ March 6, 2014
Campy with a solid early 80's soundtrack to tweak those nostalgia chords. This is primarily a coming of age and learning to be who you are and fit into your own skin. Better than you might think but not great.
½ March 1, 2014
IT'S WORSE THAN CANCER!
½ February 14, 2014
OK. I have to see this movie. No its not the reason you're thinking either! LOL. It takes place in Norman, OK circa 1987. Gotta see it just for that. Plus it looks pretty good too.
January 4, 2014
good fun, a lot of warmth and heart, perfectly acted by Temple and Dozier
December 16, 2013
Dirty Girl is uplifting, but it doesn't treat any of its subjects with the realism and emotional gravity that they deserve. It tries to gloss over real problems with cheesiness.
½ December 11, 2013
Not a bad movie. Went nothing like I thought it was going to be.
November 22, 2013
I absolutely loved this movie, I thought it was intriguing and had some wonderful character development, i would definitely recommend this one. The best of indie in the past couple years.
½ November 20, 2013
All-in-all, it's a mixed bag. Given with a weak script and a painfully uneven execution, the performances were still admirable and endearing.
½ October 7, 2013
The movie is all over the place, searching for an identity that proves almost entirely elusive. I say SKIP IT!!!