Disco Godfather Reviews

• Jan 16, 2020

So bad it is good, it could have cut 30 min and would turn a better movie.

So bad it is good, it could have cut 30 min and would turn a better movie.

• Oct 26, 2017

Deserves a 100% in my opinion

Deserves a 100% in my opinion

• Dec 18, 2016

Rudy Ray Moore in another genre send-up, this time disco/kung fu/gangster films.

• Dec 20, 2014

Re-watch. PCP is destroying the disco loving black community. Ex-cop Disco Godather sets out to take out the scum poisoning the youth. Although it is not up there with Dolemite or The Human Tornado it is absolutely mental. Rudy Ray Moore is God.

• Jul 09, 2014

This one's got it all. And then some.

This one's got it all. And then some.

• Jan 25, 2014

Put your weight on it! A retired police officer has settled into a new walk of life as the Disco Godfather. He shows up at the spot and makes it hot. Unfortunately, the Disco Godfather's nephew dies from a new drug called Angel Dust. The Disco Godfather will stop at nothing to get the new drug off the streets. "I don't get you." "I don't get me either." J. Robert Wagoner delivers Disco Godfather (this is the only picture on his resume). The storyline for this picture is terrible and only gets worse as it progresses. The dialogue is awesome and the action scenes are okay (although funny at times). The acting is below average and the cast includes Rudy Ray Moore, Carol Speed, Julius Carry, Hawthorne James, and Fitz Houston. "Let's kick ass then." "I can dig it." I loved Dolemite and watch a lot of movies from this period. I also think Rudy Ray Moore is a larger than life comedic character that is very underrated; however, as an overall movie, this is terrible. Outside of Moore's performance, there is nothing to see here. I strongly recommend skipping this picture and watching Dolemite or Coffee. "Anyone moves gets their assholes blown off." Grade: F

• Nov 14, 2013

after watching Mr Moore in Dolemite this film became essential. although not nearly as violent or sexually overt, the godfather has a lot going for it. one is the disco setting which allows Mr Moore to rap.but my favorite is the incredible pcp trip at the climax. I didn't see that coming.

• Nov 10, 2013

I know Rudy Ray Moore has quite a following, appearing on records with Snoop Dogg and Busta Rhymes, but I've never really understood his popularity. He doesn't have the charisma of Fred Williamson, the the martial arts skills of Jim Kelly, or even the humor of Jimmy Walker (let alone Richard Pryor). However, that didn't stop Rudy Ray More from starting in multiple cult favorites where he used his unfunny jokes, terrible marital arts skills and even worse acting ability. For me, his films can only be enjoyed ironically and when viewed from that lens they're pretty fun. In "Disco Godfather," Ray Moore is a retired cop turned Disco Night Club owner who then uses his martial arts skills (what they are) to combat local "angel dust" dealers after his nephew overdoses. Carol Speed also appears in the film, but this is hardly "The Mack" or "The Big Bird Cage." 2 1/2 stars for being a so-bad-it's-good kind of film. Watch for the hilariously awful PCP induced hallucination sequences and for Ray Moore's ridiculous and ill fitting disco outfits.

• Nov 09, 2013

yep that was 1979 disco ruled and was everywhere even hollywood

yep that was 1979 disco ruled and was everywhere even hollywood

• Oct 24, 2013

I loved it! I need to the sequel. The disco dancing wasn't that awesome but I'll let that slide.