Disobedience Reviews

• 3d ago

Intense and frustrating are the two words that come to mind with this film. The relationship between Weisz's and McAdams' characters is really dynamic and heartfelt to watch, however it does become sort of repetitive towards the end. The ending frustrated me as there seemed to be a lot of unanswered questions which should have been tidied up really. Sex scene, yeah was okay, personally cannot think of a reason behind the whole "mouth spitting" thing that caused such a stir but it didn't ruin the movie. Overall, the bond between the two women was mostly great to watch and you're invested, but certain things just needed ironing out in my opinion.

• 4d ago

Disjointed. Not enough history provided. Gratuitous sex scenes. What was that spitting thing? I think someone was jerking off behind the camera. Good acting, but needed more context. The ending was ridiculous. All of a sudden she's pregnant? What? This was disappointing.

• 6d ago

absolutely wonderful, about love and freedom. watched it in august 2018 and have special personal memories on this <3

• Sep 02, 2019

One of the most boring films I've ever seen. Dull from start to finish.

One of the most boring films I've ever seen. Dull from start to finish.

• Jun 01, 2019

One of the best lesbian movie,it sits in my top 3.

One of the best lesbian movie,it sits in my top 3.

• May 17, 2019

Watch this if: Sometimes you are totally in the mood for a love story that's full of soul and takes the patriarchy head on. Disobedience shook us to our very cores. Our hearts ached for Ronit as she confronted her complicated past. This film by Academy Award winning director Sebastian Leilo deals with the crushing effects of the place you call home not accepting your way of loving. The filming is gorgeous and tantalizing, and Weisz and McAdams are electric in their roles (as always). This one's a slow-burn, but trust us, it is sooooo worth it.

• May 06, 2019

The actors did a good job but I thought the movie was slow and kind of predictable

• Apr 28, 2019

Dull, I was expecting more drama.

Dull, I was expecting more drama.

• Apr 11, 2019

So, it's no secret that slow moving films don't always speak to me... This was no exception, the pacing for this was hard for me to get through. I love Rachel McAdams, and Rachel Weisz really made me appreciate her more after her role in The Favourite! This is my third film by the director, Gloria (which he's remaking for us lazy English speakers who refuse to watch foreign films... ð(TM)) was really well done and A Fantastic Woman (despite its flaws) was a really intriguing look into a world I hadn't seen before. Disobedience fell flat for me, I didn't know what to expect going into it but I do know that I was hoping for something with more of a lasting impact. I will say there was one scene that was very powerful for me, I recently compared it to a scene from Call Me by Your Name (which I also didn't like as a whole). This is actually my last avaliable film I can see without purchasing anything blindly (thanks to Netflix and Amazon Prime video) before the Oscar nominations on Tuesday. So that worked out really well! I wouldn't be hurt at all if McAdams or Weisz got a nomination. Oddly enough, I really enjoyed their respective roles even though I think the film didn't hit! (Has anyone else had an experience like that?) I couldn't help but think the entire film about what it would be like with a change of scenery. I would've been interested to see if she was coming home to New York instead. It's a fun experience to wonder what if in movies (in my opinion). I really feel like a lot of things could've gone differently in this to make it a far more interesting film for me. I enjoyed a lot of the dialogue but it seemed like much of that was wasted. ----- Over the last few weeks, I realize just how much I wish I could attend TIFF! So many powerful film seem to premiere there! Seeing the talks about people going to Sundance is making me jealous as well! I'd love to attend a really meaningful film festival!

• Mar 26, 2019

This unconventional love story is told brilliantlty with the direction and the acting of the two leads.