Domino Reviews

• Oct 09, 2019

Typical Netflix movie, dumb with an incompetent storyline and stupid and irresponsible characters.

• Aug 23, 2019

Didn't really enjoy the story or content

Didn't really enjoy the story or content

• Mar 15, 2019

Director Tony Scott brings the true-to-life story of model turned bounty hunter Domino Harvey to the big screen. Sadly, the final product offers only sporadic enjoyment and a number of narrative snags for the audience to get hung up on. The characters are well-performed and even provide some relative promise upon our introduction to them about 5 or so minutes in. But with this consistently incoherent plot that constantly shifts perspectives and jumps away from our core cast of characters, it's hard to place yourself in a position of caring about anything that's going on. And, as for Tony Scott's trademark/controversial post-1990's visual style, I'm always a fan of it when it's called for and the story isn't buried by it. Unfortunately, it does feel as though "Domino's" narrative integrity ends up succumbing to the excessive nature of its look in the end. Overall, it's not as horrific of a watch as some other critics would have you believe, but that's not to say it's good either.

• Dec 14, 2018

This is an example of style over substance. Watching Domino is an exhausting experience, and that's not altogether welcome. It goes beyond kinetic into frenzied, and Scott's inability to rein in his excesses is going to frustrate a majority of viewers. It's almost impossible to "get into" the movie, since the style is distancing, and there are no moments of quiet or introspection. Yes, the film is interesting, but it doesn't work. Like any failed experiment, it's fascinating to examine, but hopes to achieve something meaningful are foiled. Keira Knightley is feisty as the lead character and you should see this film, if you have to, for her.

• Aug 13, 2018

Keira is hot in the movie. Typical Scott movie. Worth seeing once.

Keira is hot in the movie. Typical Scott movie. Worth seeing once.

• Sep 19, 2016

You have to admire Tony Scott for trying something new with Domino. While not one of his best films, it certainly has style, not to mention a sexy, bad-ass performance from Knightley, who was only 19 at the time.

• Sep 05, 2016

Kiera Knightley in crop tops and denim holding big-ass guns and using her body and sex appeal to get her way......that's about it

• Aug 17, 2016

Another great idea that went south fast. Should have developed a story off of her actual exploits as a bounty hunter.

• Jul 12, 2016

Squandered potential that comes of as pretentious and boring; and none of that should be combined with the absolutely terrible direction by Tony Scott, I mean this movie just looks outright ugly!

• Jul 03, 2016

Now I do respect Tony Scott as a director as he directed a lot of movie in the past that I liked, but Domino is a giant mess of a movie that gave me a massive headache afterwards.