Down a Dark Hall Reviews

• Apr 27, 2019

Camp, borderline trashy shock flick that has no real thread of consistency, but entertaining nonetheless. If for nothing else than the hamny accents by some of the actors. Never really reaches a satisfactory spook factor. But, hell why jot give it a watch.

• Apr 25, 2019

Different vibe from the Duncan ink, not the way I saw it in my head but it works as a screenplay I would see it again, at least these specters have a purpose beyond the same old same old in that way it is as unique now as it was in the 70s

• Apr 23, 2019

Although the movie takes many expected turns and gets wildly out of control towards the end, it's an entertaining picture nonetheless. I really enjoy the whole setting and feeling of isolation that was bestowed upon us. The creepy atmosphere of the school itself was suffocating and put us on edge, right away. Goldbach and Sparling's cast choice was nicely thought out with a big handful of familiar stars in the mix including Uma Thurman, AnnaSophia Robb, Isabelle Fuhrman and Rosie Day. The dark, creepy gothic feel does excite me and held me there in front of the screen. Also the cast really captured the sheer helplessness as they were possessed one by one. The feeling of losing all control and going insane was ever present and thrilling.

• Mar 11, 2019

it is amazing HOW bad this is

it is amazing HOW bad this is

• Mar 02, 2019

Down a Dark Hall could have been much more than it really was. It has a promising premise, a great cast and wonderful soundtrack, but the plot is full of unexcused holes, it is predictable and the story isn't original. Cliched.

• Feb 15, 2019

The people giving this a poor rating forget the audience is directed towards teens. This was one of my favorite movies growing up and the film was a great adaptation of it. It's a unique plot line with great acting.

• Feb 09, 2019

The starting intention is worthy of note: creative thinking is not a consequence of unconscious processes but of paranormal possessions. As if to say: between Freud and Jung. The counterpart is the result: a kind of instruction booklet for YA of next age on the correct management of mediumistic channeling. The director Cortes has the problem of always stopping a moment before the sufficiency. (Mauro Lanari)

• Jan 30, 2019

• Jan 26, 2019

This is quite awful.Just can not seem to get out of it's own way.Boooooooooring hodge poge of a movie.

• Jan 23, 2019

The bad girl sent to boarding school is tired and played out. This movie was a train wreck. It never really came together and it just felt really stupid and unbelievable and Uma's horrible accent didn't help.