Drag Me to Hell - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Drag Me to Hell Reviews

½ March 24, 2017
Never saw it but really want to
March 19, 2017
Looks good i will see it soon with my friends (if they want)
DRAG ME TO HELL its a good name too!
March 8, 2017
A silly, terrifying, thoroughly entertaining, and gleefully preposterous horror ride that returns Sam Raimi to the form that made us all fall in love with him back in 1981. This wild thing has cult classic written all over it.
March 8, 2017
I was expecting to be scared out of my mind but was disappointed when it was just another cheesy horror film. I had high hopes for this as I have not seen it before but was drawn in from the hype of it. Came to realize it's sort of a comedy movie and still not impressed. Sorry
½ March 7, 2017
This was quite a ride and I really liked the ending.
½ February 19, 2017
This looks freakin scary. My buddy mike morrissey saw it tonight and I had other plans. He is a big horror fan, and said even he jumped at a few parts. I will let him tell what he thought but it sounds good from what he is saying.
February 13, 2017
Who doesn't like horror movies ? Right ? I do in fact I love horror films that's why I gave this movie 5 stars. It's a kind of movie that you would be freaked out at the edge of your seat . So pop the popcorn and relax and enjoy the movie.
February 11, 2017
With the exception of the awesomeness of Evil Goat, Drag Me to Hell is a horrendously acted, completely unoriginal, poorly plodding piece of trash that is way too comedic at some points and way too dramatic at some other points, it's a terrible attempt at fan service and...it worked? I quit.
January 26, 2017
Uses some classic horror shock tools, but then Raimi throws some slapstick comedy/shock/horror moments that really push you over the top. My body didn't know whether to scream or laugh or cry, so it just ended up snorting. Thoroughly entertaining horror/comedy and maybe Raimi's best work to date.
½ January 22, 2017
You think it's going to be creative, but it does exactly what you hoped it wouldn't.
½ January 15, 2017
The clean and glossy look does take away from the stylized horror Raimi made his own in the genre, but, even with a PG-13 rating, the director still knows how to give you a fright and entertain you at the same time with some over the top fun.
½ January 13, 2017
What in the world was that all about, whatever it was I liked it.
½ January 9, 2017
One of the best horror movies Ive seen in a LONG time! Sam Raimi at his Best!
½ January 7, 2017
Some unexpected moments, which make it a good horror flick. Once I started watching it, I didn't really want to stop.
John Ross D.
½ December 30, 2016
Though its gimmick of using dark exaggerated humor, even though eerie and appealing, is not for the gag of the many. Some of its scenes --- if looked carefully --- have some obvious flaws, and the CGI seldomly tends to look shitty.

On the contrary, all of that didn't even do a huge rip for the film to deliver an overstate horror entertainment. One of its aspects is to playfully provoke audience's thoughts about the characters' traits and its development through a certain scene, hence, lets the audience connect to them; then gives `em a tasty, jaw-dropping brutality of a finale which probably is the most unforgettable point in the film. Drag Me To Hell possesses the title of an exaggerating, unnerving, cringeworthy, entertaining horror movie masterpiece that Sam Raimi has had ever carved since Evil Dead trilogy.
½ December 23, 2016
This movie is pretty stupid. I guess it's expected if its from Sam Raimi. This movie would have been fine if they cleaned up the special effects and got a better lead. The special effect qualities was at the same level of late 1990s early 2000s at best, very poor. The girl as the lead actress is also not great. She messed up a few scenes for me. This movie was not scary at all and it was an equal mixture of silly/gimmicky. The movie just wasn't for me. I would give it a 3/10 at best.
½ December 4, 2016
The most ridiculous rating I've ever seen. I trusted you rottentomatoes!
November 24, 2016
Has to be one, if not the best horror movie of 2009, with great characters interpreted by Alison Lohman, Dileep Rao and good old Justin Long. Another great flick by Sam Raimi, who also brought us the famous Evil Dead trilogy. I really liked this movie, I think it's one of the best supernatural movies since the 2000's, with a great shocking twist ending and also a super musical score, to add to this frighting film. Recommended !!
½ November 21, 2016
Drag Me to Hell is a film about a girl who gets cursed by an old lady and has to deal with a demon chasing her for three days before she is dragged to hell. Sam Rami directs a solid horror film that is ultimately dragged down by the predictably of the script and lukewarm acting. I'm not even sure if the acting was not very good or if the script just didn't let its actors work with anything. The plot itself is interesting, but the direction you think the movie will go in it does every time. There were also some really gross gore effects that were allright at first, but just became too much later on. However, there is definitely a lot of tension in this film, I really felt like something unimaginably terrifying was stalking the main character. The movie was also well shot, and was a good film to look at. However, it was predictable and not a movie essential for horror fans to see, not the worst though
November 6, 2016
Absolutely hilarious and loads of fun!