Drag Me to Hell - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Drag Me to Hell Reviews

½ December 4, 2016
The most ridiculous rating I've ever seen. I trusted you rottentomatoes!
November 24, 2016
Has to be one, if not the best horror movie of 2009, with great characters interpreted by Alison Lohman, Dileep Rao and good old Justin Long. Another great flick by Sam Raimi, who also brought us the famous Evil Dead trilogy. I really liked this movie, I think it's one of the best supernatural movies since the 2000's, with a great shocking twist ending and also a super musical score, to add to this frighting film. Recommended !!
½ November 21, 2016
Drag Me to Hell is a film about a girl who gets cursed by an old lady and has to deal with a demon chasing her for three days before she is dragged to hell. Sam Rami directs a solid horror film that is ultimately dragged down by the predictably of the script and lukewarm acting. I'm not even sure if the acting was not very good or if the script just didn't let its actors work with anything. The plot itself is interesting, but the direction you think the movie will go in it does every time. There were also some really gross gore effects that were allright at first, but just became too much later on. However, there is definitely a lot of tension in this film, I really felt like something unimaginably terrifying was stalking the main character. The movie was also well shot, and was a good film to look at. However, it was predictable and not a movie essential for horror fans to see, not the worst though
November 6, 2016
Absolutely hilarious and loads of fun!
½ November 1, 2016
What an over the top, hilariously disgusting thrill ride! Sam Raimi's return to horror does not disappoint.

Imagine Evil Dead 2 with a 30 million dollar budget and you get Drag Me To Hell. It's a perfect blend of horror, gore and comedy that no other filmmaker can pull off. To label this as satire is an understatement. Those expecting a dark, haunting horror movie may want to readjust, but should in no way skip over this movie.

The CGI is admittedly bad even by 2009 standards and might leave a sour taste in your mouth (see what I did there?), but the strength of the practical effects and sheer fun of this movie really outweighs the bad.
October 31, 2016
I spent the whole movie being pretty pissed off at this gypsy woman. THIS WAS NOT A PROPORTIONAL RESPONSE.
October 30, 2016
Goofy, but still awesome, 'Drag Me to Hell' is so self aware of what it is that I can't help but love it.
½ October 15, 2016
Well done! Dark and evil. The old lady is truly terrifying, and the demon that they add throughout the film gives you chills up and down your spine.
October 13, 2016
Sam Raimi returns to the genre that him famous with a delightfully gross film that falls short of being a classic due to an excess of jump scares and a lesson that I'm not even sure the filmmakers understood.
½ October 13, 2016
Poor acting, poor writing. The leading actress' performance is vanilla and stale with very little believable emotion. The character is unsympathetic and you wish the evil would kill her mid-way through the film. The possession scenes are campy and the cast acts as if a person floating midair and sprouting fangs is a fairly normal circumstance. I do realize that this film is written and directed by Sam Raimi in his camp Evil Dead/Army of Darkness style, but it fails to recapture that feeling with awkward scenes and a cast that appears to have phoned-in their performances.
½ October 8, 2016
I would like to know why you gave so high score to this movie, to me this movie is horrendous, cheap special effects, and the acting wow don't now what to say . I saw it because you gave it over 90 in your tomato meter, I think you must be joking , and putting this movie in the best 100 horror movies of all time is crazy. I can't trust your judgement criticising movies any more. The director and the rest of the cast should be drag to hell for making this movie.
October 6, 2016
This is one of my favorite movies of all time. I saw it in theaters when it came out and watch it occasionally because it's SO MUCH FUN. Funny, gross, silly, scary, campy. It's errything.
October 5, 2016
4/5. A fun little scary movie. It's highly entertaining, has many great "Oh Shit!" moments, and a very solid first act and villain.
October 2, 2016
an exceptional entry for Sam Raimi's return to horror.
½ October 1, 2016
Raimi's triumphant return to horror was everything I could've hoped it would be. It's an absolute blast.
September 23, 2016
It's a very sad to see Sam Raimi make such a dull movie like this. As with so many other horror movies now it has a lot of CGI effects. And let me tell you, CGI is not atmospheric. It doesn't look good. And it's just not scary. Move on. There's nothing to see here.
September 15, 2016
Drag Me To Hell(2009)
Starring:Alison Lohman,Justin Long,Lorna Raver,Dileep Rao,David Paymer,Adriana Barraza,Chelcie Ross,Reggie Lee,Molly Cheek,Bojana Novakovi?,Kevin Foster,and Jay Gordon
Directed By:Sam Raimi
Review
CHRISTINE BROWN HAS A GOOD JOB, A GREAT BOYFRIEND, AND A BRIGHT FUTURE. BUT IN THREE DAYS, SHE'S GOING TO HELL.
Hello Kiddies your pal the crypt-critic here and well he's going to try and keep this brief. This is one of the scariest films I have ever experienced. It's like sinister scary but to be quite honest I think this is scarier just because of the ending. I saw this film because I'm a big fan of Sam Raimi,he's given two of my favorite trilogies of all time.
The film revolves around a woman named Christine Brown who has a lovely boyfriend,good job and has a bright future ahead of her,until one day after not giving an elderly woman the extension she needed to stay in her home she curses her and in three days Christine will go to hell.
The plot while probably not realistic makes for a scary time. It's one of the most screwed up movies I've seen since paranormal activity 3 and sinister. I believe the theme of this film would be to enjoy life for as long as you have it.
The acting is very good, I love the woman who played Christine and hope to see more of her in the future. The rest of the supporting cast is great in their roles. Sam Raimi knows how to direct actors who aren't too well known.
All of the elements of a scary movie are present from beginning to end. I hear there might be a sequel,I think I heard that a long time ago,If so I'll see it because I highly recommend this scary flick. I give Drag me to HELL a four out of five stars.
September 7, 2016
Funny and scary can sometimes be a messy combination, but Sam Raimi executes both flawlessly. The jump scares are enough to get even the most hardened of horror watchers, and the over-the-top action keeps those less inclined to watch horror, still engaged.
½ September 4, 2016
Fantastic fun and a great return to horror for Sam Raimi. This is tongue-in-cheek slapstick horror from the master, but if you want something truly disturbing (and disturbed), look elsewhere.
½ August 30, 2016