Dragged Across Concrete Reviews

• 9h ago

Definitely falls in the anti-thriller category. I thought Tarantino would take home the prize for most shots of people driving cars for a long time this year, but never mind. I really enjoyed watching Vaughn and Gibson essentially sitting and talking, even if it doesn't necessarily contribute to any focused themes here. The cinematography is stunning, feeling like an old 40s cop noir and utilizing lighting to capture the characters' remorse in various ways. I guess the main issue here is Mel Gibson just doesn't have a whole lot to get me invested in. A racist, out of touch, regretful man who kind of sulks through each scene, and it never comes with any sort of rewarding arc or resolution with his character. Otherwise, an interesting subversion of the seedy buddy cop dramas from various eras.

• Aug 23, 2019

Extremely grim, bizarre, violent, and surrealistic tale. Plus, over two and a half hours is way too long for this movie. Some of the Tarantino-like dialogue was effective at times

• Aug 14, 2019

I knew that this film would feature complicated protagonists that you probably wouldn't want to root for in real life. I didn't know that this film would be as stylish and funny as it was.

• Aug 12, 2019

I believe the word "Slowly" should have been part of the title of this movie, as I found the pace of the movie, including the dialogue, acting and most scenes being shot in a car, not good entertaintment and was surprised the critics still gave a score of some 74%.

• Jul 24, 2019

yeah. and the soundtrack..........................yeah. well, they shoulda put in a call right after looking through some glass doors at something not right, right? so not all good, but that's the imperfect flaw. otherwise, yeah.

• Jul 23, 2019

Watch it late at night, with beer

Watch it late at night, with beer

• Jul 13, 2019

Absolute garbage. Poor acting. Extremely slow movie that way too stretched out. This should be a 1.5 hour movie only. Stay away from this crap. Mel is not the actor he was 20+ years ago.

• Jul 02, 2019

A really solid movie with great performances and a slow-burn plot. However, director/writer S. Craig Zahler might have been a bit too in love with his story, because he refused to cut anything (as he states in the commentary) and the result it the first hour of this 2 1/2+ hour movie feeling like being slowly dragged across concrete. Maybe that was the point, but a bit of judicious editing would have elevated this work.

• Jun 29, 2019

I don't understand why this movie was made. the biggest waste of time. slow. boring. sad. awful ending. characters suck. WHY?

• Jun 25, 2019

the movie was the epitome of bigotry. It was just right-winged racists complaining about America for 2 hours. Don't watch if you are a decent human being, Mel Gibson is a known racist, homophobe, and sexist. This movie just consolidates that.