Dragon's Lair Reviews

• May 18, 2012

This was the first big laserdisc video game in the arcades!!! In 1983, to have a game cost 50cents to play was STEEP, but I quickly memorized what I needed to do to win. I have bought practically every version of this game. The android version seems to be the best and most accurate. I am also a huge fan of Don Bluth's film, The Secret Of Nimh.

• Apr 07, 2011

Animation is okay, I never really liked Don Bluth's style but I do enjoy his fluidity. The gameplay isn't much and it can be really confusing what to do. There are also mirrored levels, trying to look new but just really cheap and very distracting. It almost takes you out of the adventure. That and the princess near the end is way too perky for situation she's in. I'd imagine she wouldn't be smiling while being trapped. Maybe she's happy to see Dirk, but not as relaxed as she is. And no, I meant no sexual innuendo by that, even though she was based on Playboy models. But this game did have a great impact on the gaming community and should be treasured for what it stands, just not what is it

• Oct 09, 2010

The release date for Dragon's Lair was actually June of 1983, not December.

The release date for Dragon's Lair was actually June of 1983, not December.

• Mar 07, 2009

Sucked at the game part and I am so glad the Blu-ray has the selection to just watch the animated sequences. Beautiful animation as always from Bluth

• Feb 22, 2009

NO MONEY TO SEE IT!!! MO.

NO MONEY TO SEE IT!!! MO.

• Aug 05, 2008

I guess you could call this an interactive film.

I guess you could call this an interactive film.

• Jun 18, 2008

I spent the better part of my money in grades 8 and 9 on Dragon's Lair and Space Ace. Laser Disc games was the future--for a couple of years! Space Ace was even better.

• Feb 13, 2008

This is a...video game??? Don Bluth's masterpiece stuck out amongst all the other games back in 1983, and the fluent animation really shows as much.

• Lafe F Super Reviewer
    Jul 10, 2007

Don Bluth's superb animated laserdisc game, where you must get a knight through all the rooms of a castle, slay the dragon and rescue the princess. As you watch the movie, you must move your controller in the correct direction or press the sword-button to attack. If make the wrong move, or don't respond at the correct time, a gruesome cartoon death awaits your knight. The rooms have different traps and monsters to overcome. It's superb animation with great creativity. It's a lot of fun to watch too.

• May 07, 2007