Dreamgirls Reviews

• Jan 09, 2021

It's perfect and exciting! has one of the best soundtracks in the world! and the Oscar for Jennifer Hudson was well deserved!

• Nov 20, 2020

Never got the chance to write a review for this one. I love watching this movie. The music here isn't great, but it's still very catchy. The acting from the leads is a little cartoonish, but that is acceptable in a musical. I just think it's an extremely fun movie to watch.

• Sep 03, 2020

Kinda boring and slow. Some good musical performances, though I wish there were more from Beyonce other than Listen (which was great). Jennifer Hudson was solid. But plot was meh

• Jun 25, 2020

There are a few strong performances but the music is just OK and the story isn't anything new.

• May 15, 2020

Good tunes, solid performances and a cracking story. My main thoughts however were "How in the hell did they get away with this without being sued?". This is so clearly the story of Diana Ross and The Supremes with only the slimmest of disguises. Jennifer Hudson steals the show with the best, most memorable song in "I'm Telling You, I'm Not Going" but all the vocal leads can pack a punch and who knew that Beyonce Knowles was such a good actress. My chief gripe is that, so closely does the plot mimic The Supremes and Motown story that I kept looking for connections and parallels...and their are many, even down to the publicity stills of the fictional Deena Jones, the Diana Ross character. This got to the point where it actually became a bit of distraction to the onscreen action.

• Feb 09, 2020

Great movie. Fun and enjoyable as well as poignant.

Great movie. Fun and enjoyable as well as poignant.

• Oct 24, 2019

I love this movie. I grew up watching it and now it's like I can act every scene out if I wanted too 😂😂💕

• D.A.
    Oct 09, 2019

Cast very versatile and great singing performances.

Cast very versatile and great singing performances.

• Jun 02, 2019

one of the best in a very long time

one of the best in a very long time

• May 17, 2019

a fairly by the numbers story of rise and fall stardom but the acting is hit and miss some people deliver truly special performances