Drinking Buddies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Drinking Buddies Reviews

½ November 9, 2017
Joe Swanberg continues to impress with his scenes and the improvised dialogue between the actors, but even with Olivia Wilde's great performance and some good drama, the movie disappointingly ends while the characters never completed their intriguing arcs.
November 3, 2017
Boring. Awkward acting. Nothing happens in it!
½ October 1, 2017
Not really entertaining, not romantic or all that funny but pretty real and honest.
September 22, 2017
Nothing really interesting about this movie. The story was pretty predictable. None of the characters or relationships were very compelling. And the ending just fell flat.
August 14, 2017
I really admired Wilde's character in the beginning. By the end of the move, she was nothing but a skank. Any "friend" of mine who treated me in the way she treated Johnson, would not be offered a banana, that's for sure! Ending really fell flat on its face.
August 7, 2017
A no bullshit movie that is filled with realness. Can't go wrong if you like great acting and a simpleness.
July 29, 2017
Fantasic, natural acting from everyone. Never a dull moment.
½ July 27, 2017
By the time I got into this movie it abruptly ended with no real resolution ??
July 20, 2017
Perfect for what it is. I wound up liking this way more than I expected to. Jake Johnson, Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudekis (in a supporting role) are all great. Wilde and Johnson have oodles of chemistry and are perfect together. I also really liked their characters. As for the plot, it's pretty simple, but isn't quite as predictable as you would expect. The film itself is so incredibly cute at times that I literally ended up almost crying twice. A fun, sweet, funny and realistic look at friendship, love and relationships. Definitely one of the best mumble-core films you can see.
July 18, 2017
That's a lot of beer drinking
July 17, 2017
This movie is NOT funny This movie is NOT romantic. How in the world was it labeled a romantic comedy????? I would label it an artistic film (actually I hate to insult all of the artistic films that I love by saying this!) in which nothing happens, and the people jus keep talking. I wrote this to save you from wasting your time like I did.
½ July 17, 2017
Pretentiously superficial.
July 5, 2017
This is one of those films with a cast that catches your eye, yet it never engages you as a viewer. Olivia Wilde is great as a girl playing one of the guys, while Jake Johnson is fine in his role. Things involving Anna Kendrick are just not interesting, which is a shame. Unfortunately, uninteresting is how you can describe most of the movie.
June 25, 2017
0/10 DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE! Honestly a huge waste of my time. This was the worst movie I have ever seen. I wasted 90 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. I'd rather recieve Chinese water torture than ever watch this movie again. Zero plot line or point to this movie. I'm mad at myself for clicking on it, and mad af these good actors for participating in this total piece of s**t.
½ June 5, 2017
Don't waste your time ITS SHIT!
June 1, 2017
This movie was absolutely terrible. First of all, nick is not nick in this movie. He should totally stick to tv shows... movies are not his thing. 2nd of all, the ending sucked.. made absolutely no sense. DO NOT RECOMMEND IT
May 26, 2017
Honestly so boring. I'm just confused as to why whoever did the casting could not find someone that actually fit the bill of a 'rugged, manly-man' type. Instead, they chose someone that was clearly was an imposter. Come on... also, if you're going to have someone that does have a visible tattoo PLEASE DO NOT DRAW IT ON. I could not stop cringing.
½ April 11, 2017
Generally not a mumblecore kind of guy but this movie rises above that boring, indie dreck. Jake Johnson and crew are completely believable as slackers in love. Director Joe Swanberg seems to have a tight reign on improviosational riffs that keep things breezy and away from self-indulegnce.
February 6, 2017
Every aspect of this film is packed full with depth and character. The characters feel real and genuinely alive.
½ December 30, 2016
It's supposed to be comedy movie BUTT isn't