Driving Miss Daisy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Driving Miss Daisy Reviews

½ December 7, 2016
- I have seen this a few times now. The film is predictable and heavy handed, but I really enjoy watching Morgan Freeman and Jessica Tandy in this, they are both outstanding and I love their chemistry.

- Watching this one again for the first time in a long while, I couldn't help but be distracted by how heavy-handed and predictable it is. The film lays it on thick, but is ultimately save by the two lead performances of Tandy and Freeman. Not sure it is worthy of the Best Picture Oscar is received though. Check it out!
½ November 26, 2016
Why this movie won so many Oscars is something that escapes me, given its annoying and poorly-paced narrative that forces us to endure an unbearable old lady and feels tremendously episodic trying to span 25 years with skips in time that are never fluid.
½ November 12, 2016
This is a phenomenal film. Jessica Tandy and Morgan Freeman have amazing onscreen chemistry. They are very convincing as a pair of unlikely friends.
November 11, 2016
Driving Miss Daisy is the perfect example that sometimes a simple plot supported by great perfomances can make a movie stand the test of time.
½ November 6, 2016
Basada en la obra ganadora de un Pullitzer de Alfred Uhry, Driving Miss Daisy nos cuesta la relación existente entre una adinerada mujer, muy testadura, de carácter fuerte y con los valores tradicionales de una mujer del sur, Daisy (Jessica Tandy) y su chofer, un hombre afroamericano, quién también es bastante obstinado, pero atiende a la Srta Tandy con todo el amor posible; Hoke (Morgan Freeman). Ambos rompen molde, ella por ser una mujer descendiente de alemanes judíos y él por el color de su piel, en una sociedad aún bastante prejuciosa. No obstante, ambos entrados en años, se apoyan mutuamente desarrollado una entrañable amistad. Con Dan Aykrod..
September 25, 2016
Fresh, and charged with life, this dramedy from the celebrated stage play is given a successful film release.
Taut drama, fresh humor, Tandy, Freeman and Ackroyd are perfect as the starchy, driving matriarch, supported by the long suffering chauffeur and her son.
Brilliantly nuanced, they keep each other on their toes.
The ending could have been given more strength, depth and emotional resonance, but sufficient as given.

A powerful play given new life as a movie.

4 out of 5

4 of 5
September 21, 2016
Winner of 4 Oscars (including Best Picture), "Driving Miss Daisy" is a must-see film; outstanding acting (Jessica Tandy won Best Leading Actress), convincing makeup (won Best Makeup), neat settings, & a great story (won Best Adapted Screenplay) of mutual friendship that develops between two different people. One of the greatest films of the 1980s & the 20th Century!
August 20, 2016
Fantastic film! Jessica Tandy gives a multilayered performance. Freeman and Tandy play off each other perfectly. Between bickering and the films beautiful conclusion, its clear these two had rare chemistry.
August 11, 2016
It took me forever to finally watch this. This movie is fuckin jokes but also just a nice story.
½ July 15, 2016
Un guión encantador, grandes actuaciones, personajes completos y un hermoso mensaje.
Prácticamente es una verdadera joya.
½ May 5, 2016
Una estimulante historia de amistad a traves de los años en cuatro ruedas. Estupendas actuaciones y adaptacion de epoca.
March 30, 2016
Pues está bien claro, pero algo exagerada para mejor pelicula.
March 17, 2016
I actually come across Driving Miss Daisy because one of the teachers from my school talked about it and said that it's on Netflix. So I looked it up in Rotten Tomatoes, and it got my interest of it. Driving Miss Daisy is a classic movie that would be remembered for a long time even though it already has been remembered. Morgan Freeman acts a bit different than his recent films which is really cool, and whenever he laughs, I just can't help but smile and laugh. Jessica Tandy plays a stubborn old woman pretty well that sometimes make me mad, but also a laugh at times. The chemistry between the two main characters are really good, and the conversations they have are pretty interesting to listen to, even if it's frustrating at times which makes sense form the main girl. The movie is relatively short which I'm glad consider with how simple the premise is. The screenplay is really good, and it's very interesting. Driving Miss Daisy is a wonderful film that shows that even small films can be memorable for a long time.
½ March 17, 2016
While Driving Miss Daisy isn't what i call a best picture winner, since there were more deserving movies that came out that year, but the movie shouldn't get hate just for that.

The movie is sweet, charming and heartwarming. This is the kind of film that granny's go to watch and after it's over their something like "That was nice". Morgan Freeman and Jessica Tandy were excellent in this movie, as both of them had great chemistry and very entertaining conversations between them.

It dose get kind of dull at times and i do wish the films pasting was a bit better, but that's just me. I say it's worth checking out, because there's plenty of things to like and appreciate in this movie.
½ March 9, 2016
What the film says is sentimental and moving, but if the Academy wanted to award Best Picture to a movie that touches on race, then they should have chosen Spike Lee's "Do the Right Thing."
½ December 31, 2015
Lovely Movie with Mr. Freeman ! A pleasure to watching relax ...Bit Drama but most off all Friendship ! SOMDVD
December 13, 2015
A sweet and simple film about an unlikely friendship, Driving Miss Daisy is worth seeing just for Morgan Freeman's joyful and dedicated performance as Hoke. There are some corny moments and some attempts at examining social issues of the past, but the most interesting and amusing part about the film is its two leads.
½ November 11, 2015
A wonderful film with two masters: Morgan Freeman and Jessica Tandy. It's just a nice, slow, heartwarming and kinda sad story. Without Tandy and Freeman this might be a dud, but they are both very watchable. Just don't expect a whole lot of action or depth. This is more of an emotional film
September 2, 2015
Just seen it again,very good !