Eating Animals Reviews

• Jul 19, 2019

As a meat eater, I never had, and still don't have, a moral issue with the notion of eating an animal. That, in itself, never concerns me; I subscribe to the notion of the circle of life and that nature happens. What is great about this film is it doesn't moralise about that; it is wholly concerned with the changing nature of farming, from a place where the relationship with the animal and the understanding of how meat gets to our place has been drowned out by big demand for cheap food and big bottom lines. A clear-eyed documentary that successfully sends away an open-minded meat eater with a lot to consider about the future of their diet. Very interesting, upsetting, and educational. I would have liked to see it explore outside the US, but that's not to say it's not enlightening.

• Jun 10, 2019

A great documentary laying bare how we treat those who are the most vulnerable in the world and how we need laws and possibly even constitutional amendments to protect the US from factory farming businesses and the business-owned USDA.

• May 03, 2019

As a vegan, I found this to be very disappointing. All this talk about environmental impacts and health issues but not once acknowledging the ethical stand point. Animals still being considered products not beings is a theme throughout this documentary. It shows how farmers are being the victims but not giving any respect to the ACTUAL victims. Whether this animals are raised on factory farms or family farms they all end up with a knife across their throats. And that is what needs to be addressed.

• Apr 26, 2019

lies, incompetent claims

lies, incompetent claims

• Apr 22, 2019

This documentary really opened my eyes and well put together. I wint be purchasing my meats at the grocery store from now on

• Mar 27, 2019

This movie is an urgent, eye-opening look at the environmental, economic, and public health consequences of factory farming. Tracing the history of food production in the United States, the film charts how farming has gone from local and sustainable to a corporate Frankenstein monster that offers cheap eggs, meat, and dairy at a steep cost: the exploitation of animals; the risky use of antibiotics and hormones; and the pollution of our air, soil, and water.

• Feb 19, 2019

Based on Foerâ(TM)s crucial book, this straightforward and entertaining documentary successfully cautions and educates viewers on the economic and climate costs of cheap, industrialized meat.

• Feb 10, 2019

A small dose of fact mixed with a ton of bull sh** to appear as truth

A small dose of fact mixed with a ton of bull sh** to appear as truth

• Jan 26, 2019

Incredible. Watch this without an agenda, and you won't be sorry. Quite compelling, and well made.

• Jan 16, 2019

Everyone should watch this... more than once to remind.

Everyone should watch this... more than once to remind.