Echo In the Canyon Reviews

• Feb 06, 2020

I bought six classic records from that time after watching, plus Dylan's CD of remakes, which is terrific. Great film- one of the best rock documentaries I've ever seen. I only wish it had been longer- could have watched all night!

• Jan 24, 2020

I enjoyed this very much. Well done and told in a way that made me wish I was 10 years older.

• Jan 22, 2020

Meh. This is fine. I am a musician and while I can appreciate the history I grew tired of hearing only Jakob Dylan's performances of the classics. Would have been nice to hear a LOT more originals.

• Jan 19, 2020

Apparently Judy Collins, Joni Mitchell, and Carole King didn't make a sound when they made music in Laurel Canyon. Very narrow view of things. Although One can see the rapport artists had with Jakob Dylan, it felt like a vanity project of his because he sang and played on every live song. Disappointing.

• Jan 19, 2020

I was extremely disappointed by the glaring omissions of several artists who were innovators of the genre. First and foremost, Gram Parsons. He wasn't even mentioned. Joni Mitchell, whose voice could move mountains. Her lyrics could make you break down and cry. Then Judy Collins, Carol King who ditched Brill, The Eagles (not my faves but still).....I could keep on...The worst part is I am too young to even have been able to listen to these folks when they published. I just love music. This movie was presented to highlight just a few artists. You have to remember that the artists presented moved from group to group. From Buffalo Springfield to Crosby, Stills and Nash (and at times, Young.) The lens on this movie was way too narrow. BTW, I have seen all these musicians live.

• Jan 16, 2020

I loved the mix of interviews with the original artists (e.g., David Crosby), their contemporaries (e.g., Ringo Starr), artists influenced by those artists (e.g., Tom Petty), and covers of the songs by a younger generation of artists (e.g., Fiona Apple).

• Jan 10, 2020

The movie was very good at telling the stories from the artist view during the LA music scene. They also had clips of the artist redoing these classics song in the studio. A must for any music fan. Stop, Watch and Enjoy.

• Jan 07, 2020

What a fun movie to see how this musical period will stand the test of time.

What a fun movie to see how this musical period will stand the test of time.

• Jan 07, 2020

Just a wonderful look at the Pop/Rock Renaissance that occurred in Laurel Canyon, CA in the late 1960's. The film jumps from conversations with the film's star (Jakob Dylan) and the stars of that era, Stephen Stills, Eric Clapton and Michelle Phillips just to name three. Dylan also covers a lot of essential tunes of that era alongside his 90's contemporaries like Fiona Apple and Beck. If you're a fan of that magical time in the late 60's, than this film is for you.

• Jan 04, 2020

This documentary focuses on Laurel Canyon, and some of the history behind the music which came from this area in the 1960s. In includes TV footage, interviews from people who were there at the time, and modern performances showing the eco of influence from Laurel Canyon.