Enemy Territory - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Enemy Territory Reviews

½ July 16, 2014
Pretty decent thriller about an insurance salesman getting trapped inside an apartment building in the ghetto. There is a gang called The Vampires trying to hunt him down and his only real allies are a few residents and a telephone company worker who came to fix the phone lines which are down. It is sort of in the same style as Assault on Precinct 13 or Judgement Night. The Vampires gang are very campy and the movie is very B-grade, but overall it is a very enjoyable watch with some cool stuff in it.
April 19, 2013
This is one of the greatest under the radar movies that not many people even know about. Starring Ray Parker Jr. The guy who wrote the theme for Ghostbusters, along with an unknown actor named Gary Frank, they're basically held hostage in a ghetto gang controlled tenement building, where they have to depend on the help of the folks who live in the building to hide and make their escape from the psycho 80s street gang, "The Vampires". The gang led by the brilliant as always Tony Todd, is a typical 80s stereotype for what gangs were in movies at the time, wearing headbands and sleeveless leather jackets. They terrorize the people in the building going from apartment to apartment looking for Parker and frank. Beating and killing almost everyone in their path, the movie never lets up and is a constant thrill ride the whole way through. This isn't super super violent and plays the blood and gore to a minimum, but when someone dies in this, its taken pretty seriously and isn't like a cliche action movie where its just touch and go when someone dies. Stacey Dash from Clueless and Deon Richmond (the token black guy from not another teen movie) play two younger kids in the apartment helping the two main leads find secret tunnels and shortcuts to escape the gang. Ray Parker really held his own during the whole movie, and I was amazed he never really had a movie career after his solid acting job in this, and Gary Frank even though annoying really played the scared nerdy white guy perfectly, so you actually felt for him when he was forced to kill people. Overall my review couldn't do this movie justice, you just have to see it for yourself...if you can find it that is because this movie for some stupid reason is out of print and hasn't been released on dvd because of rights issues or something. If you can find it online or on vhs I suggest buying it and watching it. I found it online and it just blew me away with how solid and awsome it was. If you like 80s semi cheesy but entertaining gang suspense movies set in the ghetto, and if you're a Tony Todd fan this will be your cup of tea for sure. Also if you like Jan Michael Vincent and want to see him play a crippled, pissed off, paranoid, Vietnam vet, in a motorized wheelchair...then this is your movie lol
June 16, 2012
Great movie....highly under-rated.Tony Todd is the quintessential villan.
½ October 29, 2011
80's action movie starring Ray Parker Junior and Jan Michael Vincent. What more could you ask for? This would make a for a great remake but it would have to be set pre-mobile phones because it revolves around a group of people stuck inside a high rise project building getting terrorized by the local gang bangers and having no way of contacting the police because the power gets shut off. I'll have to track down the DVD so I can post an in-depth review. But from memory it was a pretty good under the radar film.
July 29, 2011
½ July 4, 2011
I remember this,such a long time ago
April 4, 2010
Rare as rocking horse shit this one....classic 80's carpenter-esq film!!!!!
½ April 3, 2010
Classic, underrated and under-appreciated action/adventure movie. One of the best, if not the best escape from a building movie of time.
December 25, 2009
Love this movie! Great plot keep you entertained from start to finish. One of my favorites as a kid.
May 17, 2009
this is excellent saw it awhile back but can't seem to find it anymore to watch.. I hope you take advantage and try to watch it it's a keep you on the edge of your seat movie..
½ January 31, 2009
there is no picture for this on flixter. I own a vhs copy of this movie as it was never released on DVD. But yeah enemy territory is about two guys who work together in an attempt to escape from a high rise housing buiding in some ghetto suburb in america. It takes place at night - they are on the run from a gang who call themselves the vampires. The final scene takes place just as the sun is rising and makes the viewer wonder whether the leader of the vamps (tony todd) is actually a vampire or not. As above a lost gem from the 80's that never made it onto DVD.