Escape to Witch Mountain Reviews

• Nov 02, 2020

An enchanting kids adventure from Disney's forgotten '70s & '80s era that, while miles from greatness, is at least an interesting look at where practical and optical effects (not to mention animal training) were at for the company, for better and for worse.

• Aug 31, 2020

Saw it when i was a kid at the drive-in with my friends(my mother took us) Growing up then it was a great, good guys win, fun kids movie. we all loved it. (the sequel almost as much)

• Aug 22, 2020

The 2009 remake does a better job at bringing its story to life, but 1975's 'Escape to Witch Mountain' is still a good film. The cast are all fine in their respective roles, even if none of them particularly standout. Eddie Albert (Jason), Kim Richards (Tia) and Ike Eisenmann (Tony) are satisfactory, as is Donald Pleasence as Deranian. With that said, I think Pleasence should've been the main villain here - there's really not much need for Ray Milland (Aristotle). Disney had a knack of doing that sorta thing in these early eras, having a bad guy and a bad guy's sidekick - most of the time, just one would suffice. The pace of the film isn't perfect, but the premise itself is intriguing enough to keep it chugging along at a suitable rate. More action-packed events would've been greater, especially as the opening titles seem to suggest that that may be on the horizon. That wasn't the case, yet I still had a decent time with this.

• Jul 16, 2020

Fun family film everyone can enjoy.

Fun family film everyone can enjoy.

• Mar 28, 2020

Psychic children were a trope that served as a fear factor in the horror genre, and Disney found innocence, in their usually whimsical, family friendly taste, through literature, resulting in something entertaining with a leading sibling dynamic on a predictable route – while its first position as an original adaptation makes its 2009 remake's energy to actually captivate the given formula. (B)

• Mar 28, 2020

That was a really fun movie! My favorite part of the movie was the the flying RV! And that was good!

• Mar 25, 2020

A classic movie that shows how different the 70s were from today

A classic movie that shows how different the 70s were from today

• Mar 21, 2020

a very young Kim Richards and Ike Issenman star in one of Disney's earliest sci-fi family adventures based on the book by Alexander Key it tells the story of two kids on the run to find their way back home Tia and Tony have been on their own for as long as they can remember; they live in an orphanage with other kids and their black cat, Winky yet Tia keeps having flashes being out on the water with a mysterious man the both of them try to piece together how they ended up where they are the other big thing is that both kids have special abilities from moving things with their minds to talking to animals to reading each others thoughts this grabs the attention of Donald Pleasance's Lucas Deranian whom works for millionaire Aristotle Bolt he decides to take the children under his wing, Bolt is fascinated by their gifts but underneath it all he wants to harness their powers for his own selfish reasons Tia and Tony now realizing they're in danger must venture out to a place called Witch Mountain where an item they have contains a map that might lead them back to where they came from during their perilous trek they stumble upon a man named Jason Eddie Albert as Jason is a man who lives by himself in a Winnebago in the wilderness, he acts all tough and mighty but Tia can see he's a more lovable kind of being who lost someone very close to him long ago as all 3 of them are on the run Tia and Tony finally understand what they both are and why they came to be orphans...definitely something out of this world this was an absolute childhood favorite of mine and I was happy to relive the memories the kids do all kinds of fun things with their powers, I also love the movie is a giant chase from beginning to end, and the Californian landscapes are breathtaking yeah some of the effects are dated but these kids are so terrific in their roles you want them to make it out safely Jason is a really good surrogate father figure for them, too the bad guys aside from the millionaire aren't all cookie-cutter and you see why they are fascinated by these kids with what they can do to be honest I never actually got the twist when I first saw it but watching it again after so long I finally understood the bigger meaning behind it the ending still gets me but it leaves the viewer with a big heartfelt note that no matter how many lost kids are out in the world there may be still a few good hearted men that will look out for them this is a gem from Disney that deserves to be remembered, it's a solid piece of family entertainment

• Feb 25, 2020

A scifi thriller that's fun, that's cheerfully implausible, that's scary but not too scary, for the kidos and it works. Great walk down memory.

• Jan 27, 2020

Escape to Witch Mountain is an increadibly realistic special effect Sci-Fi film with a great story that will leave the family satisfied.