Ex Machina Reviews

• 3d ago

A decent modern sci-fi movie

A decent modern sci-fi movie

• 4d ago

Ex-Machina Pros: Phenomenal Acting Amazing Directing Outstanding Writing Terrific Cinematography Magnificent Editing Brilliant Pacing Fascinatingly Told Storyline that explores its themes in a complex manner Fantastic Visual Effects Great Sound Mixing & Sound Editing Chilling Musical Score Cons: None Overall Grade: A+ (10/10)

• May 19, 2020

While the arc may be one of the two predictable outcomes for AI- dominance or benevolence, the journey to resolution is brilliantly nuanced, with enough twists to leave us wondering just how much of the potential for good or bad comes from our creations, and how much from the creator?

• May 19, 2020

Ex Machina is incredibly intelligent, thought provoking, eerie, and visually appealing. Vickander's acting was superb, and the score complimented well to the film.

• May 17, 2020

Much better than I expected. Characters are fleshed out, acting is very good, story has solid pacing. If you like thought-provoking sci-fi, you'll like this one.

• May 17, 2020

Ex Machina is a joy of a film - an original and wonderful sci-fi story.

Ex Machina is a joy of a film - an original and wonderful sci-fi story.

• May 04, 2020

Rewatched in prep for my dissertation defense. A cunning and inventive hybridization of the Turing Test and the Talking Cure, the Freudo-Lacanian symbolism of the film is scrupulously imagined, placing Nathan (in one of Isaac's best turns) in the position of the sujet-supposé-savior to Caleb's traumatized analysand caught in the web of transference, with Ava embodying (what I have elsewhere in my academic work) referred to as the digital unconscious. On an initial level, as the sessions move in the direction the viewer expects, Caleb must learn to uncrown the analyst by breaking the transferential dynamic, seeing Nathan not as a renowned, out-of-touch and out-of-his-league genius, but as just another guy about whom not much is really out of the ordinary. Yet on an-other level, as the story shifts emphasis from reinforcing Caleb's ego—and no doubt his great sin is to see himself as the center of his own story—to the emergence of Ava's subjectivity, the film subverts the patricidal myth of the violent primal father that underlies the Oedipus complex, offering an advanced bleed-edge sisterhood to replace the band of brothers in Freud's account.

• May 04, 2020

Absolutley awesome filming here in this movie! The storyline starts right away and is powerful with mystique the whole way through.

• May 03, 2020

The short version , I love this movie !

The short version , I love this movie !