Exam Reviews

• May 22, 2019

Thought provoking and disturbingly real

Thought provoking and disturbingly real

• Feb 24, 2019

Ingeniously gripping tension in a confined room from start to end in this British psychological thriller with a noteworthy message on two traits a leader should have in challenging times - attention to detail and empathy.

• Dec 05, 2018

STRENGTHS: Good start and acting, mostly. very cool premise, almost works out WEAKNESSES: None of the numerous twists hit that hard, especially ending which is a huuuge cop out. Disappointing 3rd act overall.

• Nov 15, 2018

wow, I would not give this 56% average. It's a truly try hard pseudo-psychology trying to be intelligent and completely failing. The whole set up doesn't work with what it wants to be. Would recommend the Cube, or SAW as actual enjoyable options.

• Oct 10, 2018

It was just ok. It's not a unique premise in the sense that there have been other movies re people in a room unsure of how to proceed next, and almost all of them turn on one another and the one who doesn't turn against the group usually wins, as was the case here. It's not that long which is good because it starts to drag on after an hour. The acting is great, but unfortunately the characters are mostly cliche stereotypes. If you're looking for a lazy afternoon movie without too much excitement then this may work for you. Some sites have this listed as horror... I think it's only a thriller.

• Oct 05, 2018

Exam es una manera ingeniosa de crear intriga, para su trascendencia logra ser un divertido film que termina con una interesante ejecución, de lejos se ve lo centrado que tenia el concepto el director Stuart Hazeldine.

• Feb 26, 2018

"X characters trapped in a room having to figure out an exit." Sound familiar? This has been the premise to SO many movies such as a Twilight Zone episode, 12 Angry Men, Saw, and much more. Where Exam works is its 'not really but actually' sci-fi element, where throughout the presentation you're given slight hints as to what's outside the room. It's a great ride all the way until the end. But like with all of these movies, there's going to be a reveal at the end...and this one's was "fine". It wasn't a game-changer of a reveal (in some ways it was very silly), but it was certainly different enough to remember it by. "Exam" is currently on Netflix. I watched it on a Sunday night when there was nothing else really on and I enjoyed it. Given that scenario, I think you would too.

• Jan 13, 2018

any questions.. Exam It has a promising and a gripping concept but that wears off quite soon as it loses the hold off the characters and tracks off somewhere else.

• Jan 01, 2018

A tightly directed exercise in paranoia that, unfortunately stumbles in a unsatisfying conclusion.

• Dec 21, 2017

Interesting premise, a lot of potential, nice aesthetics, unfortunately we get a confusing movie that doesn't know where it wants to actually hit or when; the pacing, acting and writing are the clear issues. On the other hand we have a low budget film that looks good and plays with a cool concept: the bitter taste of lost opportunities.