Excalibur Reviews

• Mar 24, 2020

Excalibur is sloppy writing and horrible acting making a pitiful attempt to squeeze 800 pages of fantastic medieval epic into two and a half hours, which isn't a complete waste of time if you're in the mood for an amusing so-bad-it's-good movie.

• Feb 25, 2020

A lot more better then first knight movie. Good performance overall ,well spread out play(action , story & more.

• Jan 20, 2020

Good movie overall. Just a very weird ending.

Good movie overall. Just a very weird ending.

• Dec 21, 2019

This was a great movie. I have loved this story since I was a kid. It is sad that we do not have a newer version of this that stands up to this movie. I would rather watch this and the Disney version over anything else that has been made. Great story and great depiction of this story.

• Brendan N Super Reviewer
    Nov 12, 2019

This is an incredible King Arthur film and probably the greatest story based on the myth/legend. John Boorman may have struggled with success, but his films have never been boring or lacked substance. I saw one critic called this messy, but I personally believe this stems from the cutting of the 3 hour cut. I caught this on the big-screen last night, and wow. I haven't seen this film since I was a child and it is still amazing and truly one of a kind. Great direction and intensely created film that keeps the story flowing. My favourite scene is the rebirth of Arthur as he rides through the fields and the plants grow again, it's incredible. The film is beyond its era, just a film that is a cult film because it was made well before its time. This is how a film should be made, Guy Ritchie should have followed something with this template or cut the budget down to ensure the gritty and timely nature of the legend. Incredible film and I'm happy to say it is so much better on the big-screen. 11/11/2019

• Nov 11, 2019

Amazing! A true fantasy classic.

Amazing! A true fantasy classic.

• Nov 05, 2019

(Quick review) Excalibur is a 1981 fantasy drama directed by John Boorman. The film stars Nigel Terry as King Arthur and Nicol Williamson as Merlin. An exemplary looking film; that is engaging and incredibly creative. The characters were compelling, the story was intriguing, and the film was truly unique and unlike anything I've ever seen. The cast may have been very hit or miss, but aside from that I didn't have any other problems with the presentation of the film. Overall I give it a 8/10 - a beautiful film that I would definitely recommend

• Sep 17, 2019

the best movie of king arthur

the best movie of king arthur

• Sep 05, 2019

The absolute seminal work on all things King Arthur, Knights of the Round Table, and Search for the holy grail.

• Aug 18, 2019

Highly stylish, very well produced and violent presentation of the saga is fascinating to watch, although it's an uneven mixture of mythology and realistic staging.