Exodus: Gods and Kings Reviews

• 2d ago

Terrible! I don't like how the movie portrayed God as a little boy. They should not have the bloody river be cause by crocodiles killing each other.

• Jul 02, 2019

Good battle scenes and great plague sequence cant save god awful casting, horrid pacing, and a screenplay that seems designed to piss off everyone

• May 23, 2019

It's like a beautiful Lamborghini with a V6.

It's like a beautiful Lamborghini with a V6.

• Mar 02, 2019

Hollywood storytelling at it again. Every time they make a movie based on a true story they not only state it but try to stick to the actual story and key events. Strangely enough, every time hollywood does a movie based on the Bible, they are never accurate and make up parts that were NEVER part of the story and ends up changing the entire meaning. More specifically, this movie portrays God as a 9 year old with an attitude, eradicate any divine miracles through "scientific" explanations and change it to man doing it and not God. Now if it were just another legend or story, why not try to be accurate like you do with every other story? Other reviewers marked it down because it's telling a religious story. No shit sherlock, if it's called Exodus, what did you think you were going to see? Unfortunately I wanted to actually watch the real story of Exodus come to life, but was disappointed. Why spend millions of dollars to do a Bible story inaccurately unless you're doing it on purpose? Don't complain when we complain then. No one in hollywood wants to offend muslims by inaccurately depicting the Qur'an. Or hinduism. Or buddhism. They all do research for those movies.

• Jan 02, 2019

Can't hold my attention felt the movie is going nowhere after 20 minutes

Can't hold my attention felt the movie is going nowhere after 20 minutes

• Oct 27, 2018

There's nothing more disappointing than watching Ridley Scott waste the opportunity to majestically part the Red Sea. The Prince of Egypt, an animated children's movie, told this story more beautifully in both storytelling and visuals. I won't comment on accuracy because there are many versions in various religions so it would be fairer to judge Exodus: Gods and Kings as a motion picture and it was depressing, tedious, and anticlimactic. There wasn't even a great score to elevate the scope of the epic this film hoped to be; in fact I believe it achieved absolutely nothing worthy of remembrance.

• Oct 16, 2018

This is so long and boring..it didnt live to the source material and the directors reputation.

• Sep 30, 2018

Yes, the visual effects look nice, which should look nice if this is gonna be a modern retelling of the Exodus. But that only means it makes your TV or your pricey smartphone look nice. But all that & a big budget can't hide the fact that I'm looking at a lily-white cast of Egyptians and a sad modern interpretation of "The Ten Commandments."

• Sep 23, 2018

wasn't able to look more than 15 minutes

wasn't able to look more than 15 minutes

• Jul 06, 2018

What started out as an epic, turned into a strange mess that would confuse both those who knew the story, and those who didn't.