Fahrenheit 11/9 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fahrenheit 11/9 Reviews

½ April 3, 2019
All his movies are leftist propaganda
½ March 29, 2019
Mike Moore doesn't like republicans. Let's get that out of the way -- he's an honored guest at DNC events, he raises (and donates) millions for democratic candidates. So whatever happens, its republicans' fault. So it was George Bush's fault that them planes rammed into those buildings. There, you don't have to see this, it's the equivalent of MM shouting this at you for 120-odd minutes (I'm a democrat, by the way, but I don't like him on "my side")
March 20, 2019
Powerful though a bit rambling at times. Still well worth the view for anyone concerned about America's future.
½ March 19, 2019
The movie Fahrenheit 451 was made in 2018 directed by Ramin Bahrani. Some of the major actors in this movie were Michael B. Jordan as Montag, Sofia Boutella as Clarisse, and Michael Shannon as Captain Beatty. This film was made after the book, Fahrenheit 451. The movie and book are two different things but almost identify as the same thing.
The movie does not have some of the things that the book does. For instance, many of the huge characters in the book are not located in the movie. The parlor that is supposed to be tv‚(TM)s covering ¬ 3/4 of the room, is now just a bunch of camera projecting many different things. The what you would think a tv would be, is just a projector. The news broadcasters are actually acted all around the town like a huge screen of what is happening with the town.
When you watch the movie, you will realize that the first half of the movie is somewhat just like the book. Once you watch the second half, it has nothing to do with what you had read from the book. Clarisse does look much older than what the book puts her out to be. In Montag‚(TM)s home, there is this ‚Alexa‚? type thing. It looks down at you and can watch whatever you are doing at anytime and can hear you always. Another thing different from the book to the movie is that in the book you would think they are getting rid of the books for good, but in the movie there is still electronics that do have some books on them. The last thing that I noticed that was different from the book to the movie is that in the movie there will be this ‚Omnis‚? character. In the book I had not read about this such character.
The makers of this movie wanted it to be like what the modern day technology was and how we use it. They wanted the people who watched this new movie to realize that this is what life is like now with our technology. What they don‚(TM)t understand was that Ray Bradbury made this book when he wanted to realize what the future after he had passed would be like. He didn‚(TM)t want to see what the world would be like once modern day people had passed as well.
The way the film utilizes the way I look at this movie is the way that they used the different lighting. There is many fires happening, but it was maybe too many. I liked the way that the producers used the different sound effects to make it seem real. The different thematic content that I noticed in the movie was that Montag was an African-American man. In the book I would think that Montag would be White because that‚(TM)s the way they make him seem. The movie is all about the town and what the firefighters are doing. If something happens with the firefighters, many people will go and watch and see what is going on. The community is very close with one another.
This movie I would think wasn‚(TM)t too bad. It was very cool how they brought out some of the characters and made it sound very realistic even on television. I wouldn‚(TM)t say that this movie completely looks after every thing that the book does bout it is still a really good movie. If you watched the movie before you read the book, you would be amazed as to the movie. But if you read the book then watched the movie, it is very different than what you would think would happen. If you wanted to watch this movie, I would say go for it because it is still a really good movie.
½ March 18, 2019
The thing that makes Michael Moore the "Quentin Tarantino of Documentary Film Makers" is his consistent style, core argument, and unrelenting subject focus. "Roger and Me" is about early offshoring. "Bowling for Columbine" is about Gun Control. "Fahrenheit 9/11" is about the Bush-Era National Security State. "Sicko" is about Health Care Reform. "Capitalism: A Love Story" is about the Great Recession. "Where to Invade Next" is about the Military Industrial complex. While "Fahrenheit 11/9" is sold as a deconstruction of the Trump Campaign and the Russian Investigation, immediately after stating his thesis Moore takes an hour-long detour to discuss Flint, MI. This felt like a 6-episode miniseries he should have pumped out through Netflix in a weekly format instead of crunching it into a single 2-hour film.
March 18, 2019
The 2018 film Fahrenheit 451 took us through an action packed journey as main character Guy Montag goes against his own government to keep something that he truly believed in. Overall it proved a good story and kept me interested the whole time. I would recommend the film as long as you haven't read the book. It's a good action film and keeps you wondering what happens next. However compared to the book these two are complete opposites. Many characters died in the book and didn't in the film and others weren't even in the film at all. Also things like the hound and the parlor weren't included in the movie either. If you didn't read the book then this is the film for you. But unfortunately the director made crucial changes to the overall storyline and just kept the central compept. However there were somethings the director changes that were for the better. For example the technology. The technology in the film is something people today would see in the future keeping the futuristic vibe Bradbury was going for. Unfortunately we don't get much of this in the book because it was written in the 50s and most of the stuff are things we already have today. They also made the main character younger than portrayed in the novel which was a good choice making him look more able to do the job he was given. They did an overall good job with the movie.
Although it was a good move the plot had almost nothing to do the book. From start to finish I was always waiting for certain characters to show up or for important events to happen. And they never did. It was almost like they forgot what the book was about. Also in the book it was a big deal about how the people were a slave to the screen and were always watching tv. In the film we didn't see much of that and people were outside which is something that didn't happen in the book. One thing I didn't like was how the aged up Clarice. They aged her up into an adult so she could play a different more grownup roll, but it didn't work for me. Lastly and very important, one of Bradbury's biggest messages was that you shouldn't censor books or burn them. And in the movie you begin to understand that as well. My problem with that though, is that in the making of this film they burned books. In a movie about not burning books it's definitely upsetting that they burned books in the process.
The 2018 vision of Fahrenheit 451 was a good film overall. I was entertaining and got some of Bradbury's points across. It's a good action movie and I would recommend. However if you read the book watch with caution and understand that most of what's in the book is not presented in the film. But despite that it's a good movie and if you haven't read the book, this would definitely be something good to watch.
½ March 11, 2019
Starts out as an incredulous postmortem of the 2016 election and over time takes a number of turns, all of which question the current state of American democracy. While the focus is all over the place, Moore makes it all extremely watchable through sharp editing and humorous asides.
March 9, 2019
A must see, for every American.
½ March 7, 2019
A great documentary that's pretty informative and which tries to explain the rise of Donald Trump, but unsuccessfully imo. There are definitely some well made points that contributed to this catastrophe, but if fails to address the rampant fervour of his base and what LED THEM to harbour the emotions/feelings they have that led to a connection with Donald. As usual with Michael Moore, this piece is very informative and presented in comedic fashion.
March 7, 2019
Michael Moore tackles a lot of issues in his latest documentary, Fahrenheit 11/9. He hit both parties hard, but his overall tone is hopeful. This isn't the dreary doc that many were expecting, but it does spell out several tough subjects in a way that most should be able to understand. There's plenty of blame to go around for the state of our union, and Moore blames a lot of people, but he also takes an optimistic side. This was the best thing Moore has done in a long time. Wife: 8.0/Husband 7.8 Average Score: 7.9/10
½ March 6, 2019
The worst of his documentaries to date. It comes across so bias that it's cringeworthy for the most part. Sad because there are some serious topics that are touched on that you feel you aren't getting the whole story when the narrator has such an agenda.

As a Canadian I know the US has had a divide politically over everything, but after what has been a heated few years, this is just overkill.

On a positive note! Loved Roger and Me and have actually referred it to a lot of people recently. Here in Oshawa, ON we are suffering a GM closure that parallels that movie. Definitely check out that much better documentary from this once great filmmaker.
½ March 4, 2019
This film was tragically depressing (esp. concerning Obama's role in the Flint water crisis), & surprisingly far-sighted concerning the current state of the administration in the White House.
March 3, 2019
Looks like a lot of Hillary lovers disliked the truth about how the DNC cheated Bernie Sanders out of the nomination!
March 1, 2019
I am disappointed in the current viewer rating. If you have not seen this movie, please take the time to watch and decide for yourself! I am not a huge Michael Moore fan, but After watching this documentary today, I am. The current status of our democracy is terrifying. My existence is only because my mother came to the US as a refugee fleeing communism. This is a real threat! Governments have the power to kill their citizens! Please find real leaders and representatives in your values, your ideals, and your beliefs in your community and encourage them to not compromise. Thank you Michael Moore. I will be reaching out and researching what I can do to save or better yet, build the democracy I want for my children. As an avid movie viewer, I can think of very few that I would give 5 stars. Thank you for using the movie medium to share this information with us in such an effective way. Don't believe the rating on this one, just see it for yourself on Amazon.
February 27, 2019
Michael continues to preach the truth - but sometimes meanders a bit off topic this time around
February 27, 2019
Another hard hitting documentary from Michael Moore, this one is probably the most depressing because of the current political situation we find ourselves in. It's not just "anti-Trump" but shows many different aspects as to how messed up the US is and has been for a while. There's even a bit that shows Obama in a bad light and to me that was one of the most shocking things in this. Lots to digest here.
½ February 27, 2019
Michael Moore keeps pumping them out. Any one of his fans will love this.
February 24, 2019
This is Michael Moore's most effective and entertaining work to date, and undeniably his most depressing. Let's face it, Moore is a nonpareil filmmaker.

It could be said that there is an excessive focus on the Flint water crisis, but it feels as though he uses that as a metaphor for the state of the country. He's harsh on Obama, too harsh for my me, and unquestionably supportive of Bernie, but the overall conclusion is spot on. This country is in deep trouble and is not a real Democracy.
½ February 21, 2019
For better or worse, this feels like the final thesis statement for everything Moore has been trying to say for the past 15 years‚¶though it certainly won‚(TM)t be. A provocateur that rides the line between downright entertaining & annoyingly self-righteous, this is maybe his best movie since Bowling for Columbine. Not because of the Trump stuff, which we‚(TM)re all well aware of, but the smaller, more bipartisan stuff like the Flint water crisis & the tongue-in-cheek Hitler segment. A bit hectic in its focus, but far from a failure.