Fast & Furious 6 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fast & Furious 6 Reviews

February 11, 2017
How letty came back and couldn't remember anything was genius and the end sequence was great
January 5, 2017
It's so good I like it
½ January 3, 2017
The most ridiculous of the series so far. Nearly every scene had impossible / improbable stunts or maneuvers. The writers/directors are living in a fantasy world and it's our job as viewers to pretend it's believable. It's fast paced and entertaining- I'll give them that. You're not watching these movies for Oscar worthy performances either. Rating: 7 / 10
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
½ December 25, 2016
Welcome to the world where physics do not exist, that withstanding non-stop action that keeps to the fast and the furious tradition. Stay for credits as it sets up a seventh edition
December 18, 2016
furious 6 was a good movie !
½ December 12, 2016
Another solid step in the right direction. It's ludicrously silly and over the top but it features a colourful cast of characters and the action scenes are exhilarating.
December 12, 2016
This one was action packed and also it had a good storyline
½ December 9, 2016
Makes me wanna watch it more. Funny as well and the storyline is good. Fast 6 is great. Nuff said. 4.5 stars out of 5
jamrcla
December 7, 2016
Fantastic sixth part which we can't say that often, All the cast got an equal time on screen, The story was nothing new but done great, The effects and action scenes were some of the best I've seen, Apart from a very over the top scene on the bridge it's a must watch film.
November 29, 2016
terrible movie idk how it ended up in my list of anything. since i can't get rid of it 1star the best rating i could give.
November 20, 2016
Still shoddily written and acted, but now fully embracing its new direction as a heist movie franchise that happens to be car heavy. Much better action sequences, even the ludicrously protracted and busy (but still fun stupid) finale, and more fun. Best of all, there is a clear end game in sight for this saga and a promising one at that.
October 25, 2016
From its 2001 original undercover cop point-break style offering, the hot and heavy Fast & Furious franchise is one of those rare beasts that seems to get better each time around - if you excuse the explosion of disaster that was subpar sequels 2 & 3.

Holding onto the idea that even an action movie needs heart, with director Justin Lin at the wheel of the last two instalments, F&F has come into its own. Respecting the need for character-building, the actors Ocean's 11 style camaraderie jumps as far out of the screen as the cars do across.

Scattered around the globe and living the high life off the spoils of their ill-gotten gains accrued during Fast & Furious 5's Rio heist, Dom Toretto (Vin Diesel) and his crew of exiled criminals (Paul Walker, Tyrese Gibson, Sung Kang, Gal Gadot and Chris "Ludacris" Bridges) have but one regret, that they can't return home to the US.

Meanwhile, Diplomatic Security Service Agent Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson) tracks - across 12 countries - the latest throne in his overtly muscled side. An organization of lethally skilled mercenary drivers are mounting an arsenal of weapons to commit various nefarious acts, mastermind by ex-Special Forces soldier turned military hardware hijacker, Owen Shaw (Luke Evans) and aided by a ruthless but somewhat unaware Letty (Michelle Rodriguez) - Dom's presumed-dead true love.

The only way to stop the criminal outfit is to outmatch them at street level, so operating under the theory 'to catch wolves, you need wolves' Hobbs and his new partner Agent Riley (Gina Carano) ask Dom to assemble his elite team in London to present the assignment and incentive of full pardons all around, if they can get to Shaw.

Craving that 'ride or die' feeling of adrenaline that only speed and risk can induce, the team go to work, but will their skills and belief in family actually hinder their success?

The well-warn-in characters have become but a second skin to the actors, Johnson flexes his muscle, Walker exploits his boyish charms and Kang sly smiles his way through every situation. Diesel's voice carries weight as it reaches the epitome of sultry Rodriguez, who may have lost her memory, but knows her mind. The major pull for this instalment watching these two 'reunite', a couple made in Furious Heaven their on-screen chemistry makes you glad to go along for the often overdone ride.

As always the stunts are bigger and brasher and all choreographed for maximum testosterone output - carparks explode, bridges crumble, buildings shatter, cars flip like playing cards and a tank roams the streets and it all business as usual.

The verdict: F&F has its priorities right, making this video game speed escapist entertainment at its best. No doubt 2014's F&F7 with its sneaky new addition (teaser at end of credits) will be even better.

Published: The Queanbeyan Age
Date of Publication: 07/06/2013
October 21, 2016
the best action film ever.
October 12, 2016
Wtf. Really!! (I have nothing more to say about this)
½ September 23, 2016
This wasn't my favourite one of the series, but it was a cool storyline. I enjoyed seeing a shift in the characters' relationship with the law.
September 16, 2016
Fast & Furious 6(2013)
Starring: Paul Walker, Vin Disel, Dwayne Johnson, Jordana Brewster, Luke Evans, Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Gal Gadot, Sung Kang, Ludacris, Kim Kold, Thure Lindhardt, Elsa Pataky, Johannes Taslim, Shea Whigham, John Ortiz, Gina Carano, Clara Paget, and Jason Statham
Directed By: Justin Lin
Review
All ROADS LEAD TO THIS.
Dang this series is starting to be the action franchise to go to, it's the equivalent to an 80's action movie. But only it's a series with sequel after sequel after sequel after sequel and guess what they've been getting better. Ever since I saw the first four Fast movies I thought they were terrible but they had a fanbase so they kept making them of course and then came five which is what this series should be and it's also one of my favorite films of all time because it is one of the best action movies in years that isn't based on a superhero. Fast & Furious six delivers a badass action flick as well.
The film has Hobbs assembling Dominic and Brian reassemble their crew to take down a team of mercenaries: Dominic unexpectedly gets convoluted also facing his presumed deceased girlfriend, Letty.
The opening sequence and credits alone to me would have been worth the price of admission. It's one of the best opening sequences I've seen in this series in particular since Fast & Furious which no mind you is a bad one. Any fan of this loved this one which is great cause with word of mouth they got the naysayers attention and they see well you know what the last one was awesome and this one is just as good too, so know everyone is on board wit this series.
This series was always had the purpose about being fun action movies, but in this day and age if your going to be an action film in a growing franchise your going need to step up your game. That's exactly what this series doing now. It has an interesting plot with the return of the one characters, Letty played by Michelle Rodriguez who was presumed dead in Fast & Furious. She has lost he memory and is working with the films villain played Luke Evans.
The Performances are good for the most but at moments can be a little stiff, and Gal Gadot what little dialogue she does have in the film she still can't act. I liked most the main cast they were good actually they were great but yet again at times stiff. The acting is still good for the most part.
The direction from Justin Lin hast Vastly improved since Fast & Furious: Tokyo Drift and I'm guessing that what's happening in the series was either his plan or the writers plan or I don't know someone who works with him on these movies.
Fast & Furious six contains all the greatness of the previous chapter in this series with an interesting story, good acting that at is stiff at times and has one bad performance from one actress but good direction and the most intense action sequences you'll see with crazy stunts, I'm giving Fast & Furious six a four out five.
½ September 7, 2016
Brilliant as usual,everything is looking up for this series!
½ September 2, 2016
Again, The Rock and Justin Lin help to keep this franchise buoyant. The acting performances by Paul Walker, Vin Diesel, and Chris Bridges are laughable at times and aren't much better from the rest of the cast especially Michelle Rodriguez but the action scenes help keep this score afloat. The script suffers from what I call "Bad Boys 2 syndrome" whereas the story could wrap up with a little more editing and completion, but chooses to continue on for another 30-35 minutes instead. Still a vast improvement over the middle installments of the series. The studio will likely continue to buy up the best promising original action movie scripts that they find, changing the characters to match those from this franchise and releasing F&F films.
½ August 29, 2016
There is no THE in the title