Fast & Furious 6 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fast & Furious 6 Reviews

April 20, 2017
Fast & Furious 6 is the second of the franchise that is directed by Justin Lin. In this installment, Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson) teams up with the team to take down a crew of drivers. Toretto agrees with the motivation of a certain character who is alive. (no spoilers) Ever sense this sixth film came out, the franchise has been a superhero series. I thought this film was good. Had a few dull scenes, but it was still good. It was fun watching them go up against a tank, a plane, a ramp car and much, much more. It showed the long way this franchise has come. ( so did 5, 7 and 8) The story was also deep, as the sub-plot became a big part of the movie. Although, I didn't like it as much as 5,7 and 8. It can drag on a few times. The film also increased at action scenes from 5, but in 5, there was a reasonable ratio of action to story. In this one, it was hard to tell which was greater.
Over all, wasn't perfect, but it was an important installment. 4/5 stars
½ April 19, 2017
The most mature and best entry in the franchise
April 18, 2017
this has to be the bad ass ones I've seen in my life especially when it comes to the Tank scene
April 16, 2017
This is still my favorite one in the series. Hands down awesome.
April 15, 2017
action to the MAX. crazy intense complex scenes with all types of action like fighting including martial arts, shooting, exploding, chasing, and of course racing. Again they connected the story perfectly with lots of parts from the previous movies coming into play. they took everything from fast five to the next level. of course there are some parts that are hard to believe but that is expected. they keep finding creative ways to elevate the magnitude of the action like...

SPOILERS

...the custom cars with ramps on the front that would throw cars into the air. crazy. that scene, the tank rage scene, and the plane scene were all amazing (3 viewings)
April 13, 2017
It doesn't reach the high bar set by Fast Five, but this film is fantastic in its own right.
April 13, 2017
Did not like this at all.
½ April 13, 2017
Puntaje Original. 7.0

No tan genial como su predecesora, pero con impactantes escenas de acción que te inyectarán la adrenalina necesaria para justificar tu entrada al cine.
½ April 13, 2017
I've said it many times before, but one of the main reasons why the F&F movies failed to reach mass appeal before Fast Five was because of their villains. They were always forced to take on low end drug dealers and people who have little to do with their line of work; driving cars really fast and stealing things. With Fast & Furious 6, the team gets to take on Owen Shaw & his own crew, who are equally as good at doing crazy stuff on wheels.

Dom regathers his team, including Brian, Han, Gisele, Roman, and Tej, after Hobbs comes to him with an offer he can't refuse. The chance to save Letty from Shaw and take him down, in exchange for full pardons all the way around. After quite a few films on the run and unable to return to his home in Los Angeles, there's no way he could turn down this opportunity, even if it meant going up against his former girlfriend thought dead, Letty.

Fast & Furious 6 has even more muscle, explosions, faster cars, and just downright insanity. But it isn't as clean cut or polished as Fast Five. Granted, a movie like this doesn't necessarily need to have a concise story or developed characters, but they've done a much better job at doing those things within the last few films. The 6th film feels a little slower and maybe even a little too long, with the end product still putting a huge smile on my face. But when comparing the two, a second watch definitely exposes some of this film's minor flaws.

The one thing this film, and pretty much all of the films since 4, is that each keeps topping itself. Just when you think they couldn't top stealing a vault and dragging across the streets of Brazil, they take down planes with cars. The tone deafness of the series is gone and the new breed of F&F is here to stay. The crazy thing is, you buy into all of it. I bought into the family from the beginning and I one-hundred-percent buy into the series embracing it's goofiness. The film also manages to implement more humor into the 6th film which is something the franchise has been missing. Or at least, humor that actually makes people laugh. I won't count those horrible attempts at humor in the 2nd film.

What makes this film stick out his that it's the first time the crew gets to go up against an entirely new crew with the same set of skills. Luke Evans is great as Owen Shaw, The Rock has never been better, and who doesn't love watching Ludacris and Tyrese Gibson crack one-liners at each other. Better yet, every word out of Vin's mouth is a one-liner. Overall, the ante is once against raised and the series punches its way through another smash hit. Fast & Furious 6 is an insane thrill ride from the beginning to end.

+Owen Shaw

+Team vs Team

+Rock & Vin working together

+Always pushing the genre and series to a new level

-A bit slower & a tad too long

9.1/10
April 13, 2017
Anche se inferiore rispetto al film precedente, il nuovo capitolo riesce comunque a coinvolgere grazie a scene d'azione sempre ben dirette e sviluppate. Pare proprio che dopo svariati tentativi abbiano finalmente trovato la formula giusta per spremere il massimo dell'intrattenimento da questo florido franchise.
April 13, 2017
Action packed and it was great to see dom and hobbs team up
½ April 12, 2017
The film was just packed with action with tones of plot holes and no story. I guess that Vin Diesel and The Rock were funny but that was about it. Not really that great.
jamrcla
April 11, 2017
Fantastic sixth part which we can't say that often, As much as I'd of loved to see Dwayne Vs Diesel 2 it was nice that they teamed up, The action yet again got better and better even if it's gone past the reality stage now the stunts and effects are still jaw dropping stuff, I loved Luke Evans as the villain but he wasn't given quite enough screen time for me to hate him as much as I should of, It has more humour in this one thanks mostly to Tyrese Gibson which kept things light at times, It's a great film to sit back and enjoy what's on offer especially if you're a action fan.
April 11, 2017
4/5. Not quite as great at 5, but still a hell of a lot of fun, and still way better than the first four. Plus, the 3rd act is incredible.
April 10, 2017
Doubling up on all the amazing set pieces from it's predecessor and it's just as fun. 87/100
½ April 10, 2017
Fast & Furious 6 was writer/director Justin Lin's swan song in the franchise, and the dude went out with a bang. Reuniting the star studded and rock solid (great pun right?) cast from Fast Five, Lin was able to recapture the adrenaline and fun that the Furious franchise is all about.

One of our better villains in the franchise is in the vein of Luke Evans' character Owen Shaw. Fast & Furious 6 gives us some of the best action scenes the series has ever seen, with a plot that has a key relationship to the characters at its center. Taking a look in the mirror, this movie tells the audience how far our characters have come and why they're still a blast to see on the big screen.

This film can best be embodied in a line of dialogue that Owen Shaw says to Dominic Toretto, "Hard to think you went from a kid stealing DVD players in East L.A. to heisting a $100 million in Rio" to which Toretto replies in only a way Vin Diesel can, "Not bad huh?".

If you want to learn how not to drive a stick shift, but have an absolute blast stuffing popcorn into your face and watching a movie, Fast and Furious 6 was built for you. This movie clocks in on our Geek Motivation grading scale as a 4: a good movie with a few flaws.

Written by: @broforcesquad
½ April 6, 2017
4/5/2017 (2): Exactly what you'd expect from a FF movie! Cars, women, and action!! Other than a few laughably ridiculous scenes, this was an excellent movie. Interesting/awesome twist at the end.
February 21, 2017
That long ass airplane runway though
February 11, 2017
How letty came back and couldn't remember anything was genius and the end sequence was great
January 5, 2017