Female Perversions Reviews

• Aug 01, 2014

Slow-moving and self-important.

Slow-moving and self-important.

• Apr 24, 2013

mixed-up kinda movie - more plots than a daytime soapy.

mixed-up kinda movie - more plots than a daytime soapy.

Mark A Super Reviewer
    Feb 20, 2012

Aptly named, this film depicts several activities labeled perverse by society at large, yet through those revelations we come to understand the demons that Evelyn (Tilda Swinton) is facing down. Strong performances by Swinton and Amy Madigan, as her (younger? older?) sister, Madelyn propel the film. Both women are successful, Evelyn as an attorney being considered for a judgeship, and Madelyn as a doctoral candidate about to make her oral defense of her thesis, and both women get a less than enthusiastic response from their emotionally distant father when they try to share their news. Excellent use of dreams, fantasy, and flashback to help the viewer understand Evelyn's fragility and somewhat self-destructive behaviors. Good supporting cast, with only a couple of weak links, and an interesting side-story concerning a young girl struggling with identity issues helped to keep it from veering off into pure psycho-drama. Good to see Karen Sillas, a personal favorite in a small role here.

• Oct 13, 2011

Meh. Too much bi-sexual fantasy scenes.

Meh. Too much bi-sexual fantasy scenes.

• Aug 14, 2011

So strong, and at times even literary. Loved it, even as it weirded me out. In 2011, I think it is also an amusingly dated film, exploring issues that viewers saw as heavy hitting back in the day. All hail Tilda.

• Aug 01, 2011

Pretentious drivel. A total waste of time. Marcia Cross (Desperate Housewives) has a non speaking part as the mother of these two loons. The one movie hilight is a long glimpse at her really gorgeous breasts.

• Jun 28, 2011

bold performances....worth a watch...

bold performances....worth a watch...

• Jun 20, 2011

Some female get back to me on this, I really like Tilda Swinton, but need some Femme fatale to guide me thru this movie / review?!

• May 18, 2011

Average movie. Very Dark and Feminine

Average movie. Very Dark and Feminine

• Apr 28, 2010

While beautifully filmed it is unfortunately just more feminazi tripe. Of interest only to feminazis and manginas.