Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ferris Bueller's Day Off Reviews

June 23, 2016
Bad film. Don't get the hype. I understand it is old but this film is slow pointless and not very funny
½ June 21, 2016
It took me 30 years to watch this classic 80s comedy. The film stands the test of time. Light comedy fare, covering various teen issues and teen angst. Ferris and Cameron have become legendary characters. This is definitely one of the best of the 80s teen films, such as Breakfast Club and others. Great music included for a full time capsule effect. Bow bow...chick chick... chicka chicka!

It's fascinating that a sequel was never made.
½ June 17, 2016
I just feel that this is a grown up version of home alone. There's no true meaning to this movie and everything was just flat and dull.
June 13, 2016
Ferris Bueller's Day Off is all about a day of ditching school and going out and enjoying the day. I found this movie to be excellent. It did lack comedy a little which I was surprised with. But overall it is a great movie. I would suggest this movie.
June 12, 2016
Comedic yet surprisingly tense when it chooses to be. The movie is able to alternate between tones fluidly and the cast give good performances
June 10, 2016
Ferris Buellers Day Off is an outrageous family classic, like most of John Hughes movies, and is extremely enjoyable and funny with memorable characters and lines. The only nitpick that I have is a very, very select few of the jokes are either slightly cringe worthy or dated.
½ June 8, 2016
Certainly Ferris Bueller is a lot of fun and Matthew Broderick is great, but I didn't buy into all of the exaggerated outrageousness in the second half and some of the film's surprisingly weird mixed messages. I can see why a lot of people consider it a classic, but in the end it is a sentiment I do not fully share.
June 8, 2016
If you ever have an actual day off, watch this movie.
May 29, 2016
Ferris Bueller's Day Off is the defintion of a great comedy. Every actor in the film does their job perfectly, and the laughs are consistent throughout. Matthew Broderick gives a career best performance in the title role, and is very likeable! John Hughes' s screenplay is terrfic, and provides many great moments of memorable dialogue, including arguably the greatest post-credits scene in movie history. Like with The Breakfast Club (1985), Hughes has created a charming, and fun teen comedy that still holds up incredibly well today. One of my favourite films!
½ May 23, 2016
This is one of the best coming of age tales I have ever seen and I will use the cliche phrase of saying it is a true cult classic! Extremely clever and incredibly funny while also having some real emotional drive behind it and promoting themes such as self belief, standing up for yourself and even doing the right thing. All the characters are great and this has actually inspired some cliches and parodies of its own!
May 21, 2016
It's a terrible movie. I have no clue why people consider it a classic.
May 21, 2016
10 out of 10:

Funny, wild, and all around just fun, Ferris Bueller makes itself one of the greatest teen movies.
November 28, 2015
30th year anniversary
May 6, 2016
If I could add more stars I would! This is one of the ALL TIME BEST movies EVER made! It's one of those classic coming of age movies that EVERYONE needs to see at least once in their life!
April 18, 2016
A fun light-hearted teenage comedy with a little teenage angst thrown in. Classic 80s! There's no attempt at realism, no seriousness and no important social issues addressed. That's what makes it such a joy to watch.
½ April 10, 2016
93%
Ferris Bueller's Day Off embodies the excitements of youth, and does so with a hilarious script and clever direction.

V: 68%
September 6, 2014
Funniest movie I've had the pleasure of watching in a while. It balances so many kinds of humour, appealing to many spheres of comedy. The lack of vulgar and edgy humour is imperceptible given the way the movie keeps your attention throughout. It is ripe-full of iconic moments and characters, and despite some of its cheesiness and age, it surely was and is an achievement in its own merit.
½ April 4, 2016
A definite John Hughes classic, in June 1986 the world was introduced to Ferris Bueller, the carefree high school student . The story of Ferris Bueller and his hilarious antics of trying to get his best friend and girlfriend to skip class and enjoy the day with him as his sister and principal continuously try to catch him up. This truly is a timeless classic in that it could've just as well happened in the 50's, 80's, or present day as everyone can relate to his fears of life passing him by and wishes to be more in the moment. A definite watch for people of any age.
April 3, 2016