Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ferris Bueller's Day Off Reviews

November 29, 2017
Good movie. Well acted.
November 14, 2017
Ferris Buellers day off is a masterpiece, it?s incredibly entertaining and fun, this is one of the best movies ever made. Everything in this movie was perfect. Even Matthew Broderick in this movie was flawless. The whole movie is flawless.
½ November 3, 2017
A quirky and oddball comedy set in an iconic time and setting - the 80's. Entertaining and amusing with great performances and style, but doesn't really have a story and has become quite dated.
October 29, 2017
One of the best movies ever, and perhaps THE best movie that breaks 4th wall.
½ October 28, 2017
Don't really get the cult following this has generated. A boy giving a running commentary of his day playing truant with his friends. It's not particularly funny or gripping - it simply feels like we are playing big brother, and watching his every moment of a unique, but not too shocking adventure. Am I missing something?
½ October 14, 2017
Ferris Bueller's Day Off is a fun little comedy. I'm not as big a fan of Matthew Broderick as an actor but overall this has got to be one of his good performances.
½ September 2, 2017
Ferris Bueller's Day Off is my favorite comedy of all time. It is so relatable. Ferris Bueller reminds me off all the times that I would fake being sick to get off school and do something. The script is fantastic and there are so many iconic scenes that you will never forget. Matthew Brodrick is the perfect Ferris Bueller and takes the character to a new level. This film is an absolute blast to be had. This is a must see coming of age comedy!
½ August 15, 2017
A quintessential 80's comedy, iconic and delightfully charming. Matthew Broderick as Ferris Bueller is terrific and is impossible to dislike. His supporting cast including Mia Sara as his girlfriend, Alan Ruck as his best friend and Jennifer Grey as his sister who doesn't like all the preferential treatment Ferris gets shine. Jeffrey Jones almost steals the whole film as the nightmare principal we all remember who is out to get Ferris at any cost. John Hughes as usual shows the uncanny ability to give you laughs but also make you really care about these characters. You feel like your on this road trip with Ferris as he and his girlfriend and best friend have the time of there life in Chicago. This is John Hughes best work along with The Breakfast Club and it provides just the right amount of laughs, charm and pure fun that even with some of the usual cliches, it's impossible not to love and want to take a day off yourself.
August 12, 2017
Irritating self-important smarmy little turd bunks off school for a day, makes life hell for all around him especially his anally retentive head teacher who in just trying to do his job gets subjected to all manner of physical emotional and mental abuse, even from his secretary.

Great cast, but the 80's-ness and actually quite mean-spirited feel of the film hasn't held up well at all. I wanted to punch Bueller's lights out after 10 minutes.
August 11, 2017
A classic that should entertain future generations looking back at a bygone era.
August 8, 2017
The more i see this and the older i get. The more i dislike Ferris. I find him rude, spoilt and not a likeable kid.
½ August 1, 2017
Every teen should watch this at least once!
July 20, 2017
Spent a portion of my day off watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Can't say I had as much fun as he did, but found a lot to like about it. Ferris Bueller is laugh-out-loud funny in places and entertaining throughout. Matthew Broderick as Ferris is awesome; owns the entire movie. This film feels like a teen film; a dream of a truanting adventure realised. But was this really all Ferris Bueller was trying to be? It's cool to watch Ferris do cool things, but was looking for something more. Not a lot seems to come from it all till the end. In all honesty though, Ferris Bueller's Day Off is a great film. While lacking an identity, script includes apt, snappy comedy & never panders to the audience.
July 14, 2017
The beginning was funny af. It went down hill from there.
June 17, 2017
One of the funniest movies of all time! It smells of 1980s. I love this movie, absolutely recommend it to anyone wanting a great laugh
June 16, 2017
Its the essential 80's teen movie. It has a great cast and awesome humor. Its a movie about a kid who just doesn't want to go to school. Go check it out

Rating: 10/10
June 11, 2017
the most hilarious movie i have ever seen.
May 22, 2017
Amazing performance delivered. Hilarious and classic tale of three friends playing hooky. An all-time favorite that you can always come back to.
May 15, 2017
Never cared...lol, but hey- I liked it.
May 8, 2017
its fun, its cleaver and its never old. it one of my favorite comedies of all freakin' time