Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ferris Bueller's Day Off Reviews

February 23, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
January 27, 2018
easily one of the greatest movies of all time
January 26, 2018
Even though it looks like a high school romance comedy, the funny performance of Matthew Broderick, and a strange performance by Alan Ruck as Cameron, still manages to be funny to this day.
½ January 18, 2018
I know I am going to get a lot of hate for giving a half a star but hear my out. This movie is incredibly over rated. If you have seen clips of this movie anywhere, heard someone talk about it, or even just know the basic plot you don't even need to see the movie. I also don't understand why people keep saying that this is the movie everyone needs to see. I would say instead of watching this movie watch The Breakfast Club, Stand By Me, or even 10 Things I Hate About You instead of this movie. This movie is so overrated compared to movie a hundred times better then it.
½ January 15, 2018
This is one of my favorite movies ever published. This
January 8, 2018
The most enjoyable movie I know.
January 7, 2018
Very funny and entertaining movie about making the most of one day in your life.
November 29, 2017
Good movie. Well acted.
November 14, 2017
Ferris Buellers day off is a masterpiece, it?s incredibly entertaining and fun, this is one of the best movies ever made. Everything in this movie was perfect. Even Matthew Broderick in this movie was flawless. The whole movie is flawless.
½ November 3, 2017
A quirky and oddball comedy set in an iconic time and setting - the 80's. Entertaining and amusing with great performances and style, but doesn't really have a story and has become quite dated.
October 29, 2017
One of the best movies ever, and perhaps THE best movie that breaks 4th wall.
½ October 28, 2017
Don't really get the cult following this has generated. A boy giving a running commentary of his day playing truant with his friends. It's not particularly funny or gripping - it simply feels like we are playing big brother, and watching his every moment of a unique, but not too shocking adventure. Am I missing something?
½ October 14, 2017
Ferris Bueller's Day Off is a fun little comedy. I'm not as big a fan of Matthew Broderick as an actor but overall this has got to be one of his good performances.
½ September 2, 2017
Ferris Bueller's Day Off is my favorite comedy of all time. It is so relatable. Ferris Bueller reminds me off all the times that I would fake being sick to get off school and do something. The script is fantastic and there are so many iconic scenes that you will never forget. Matthew Brodrick is the perfect Ferris Bueller and takes the character to a new level. This film is an absolute blast to be had. This is a must see coming of age comedy!
½ August 15, 2017
A quintessential 80's comedy, iconic and delightfully charming. Matthew Broderick as Ferris Bueller is terrific and is impossible to dislike. His supporting cast including Mia Sara as his girlfriend, Alan Ruck as his best friend and Jennifer Grey as his sister who doesn't like all the preferential treatment Ferris gets shine. Jeffrey Jones almost steals the whole film as the nightmare principal we all remember who is out to get Ferris at any cost. John Hughes as usual shows the uncanny ability to give you laughs but also make you really care about these characters. You feel like your on this road trip with Ferris as he and his girlfriend and best friend have the time of there life in Chicago. This is John Hughes best work along with The Breakfast Club and it provides just the right amount of laughs, charm and pure fun that even with some of the usual cliches, it's impossible not to love and want to take a day off yourself.
August 12, 2017
Irritating self-important smarmy little turd bunks off school for a day, makes life hell for all around him especially his anally retentive head teacher who in just trying to do his job gets subjected to all manner of physical emotional and mental abuse, even from his secretary.

Great cast, but the 80's-ness and actually quite mean-spirited feel of the film hasn't held up well at all. I wanted to punch Bueller's lights out after 10 minutes.
August 11, 2017
A classic that should entertain future generations looking back at a bygone era.
August 8, 2017
The more i see this and the older i get. The more i dislike Ferris. I find him rude, spoilt and not a likeable kid.
½ August 1, 2017
Every teen should watch this at least once!
July 20, 2017
Spent a portion of my day off watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Can't say I had as much fun as he did, but found a lot to like about it. Ferris Bueller is laugh-out-loud funny in places and entertaining throughout. Matthew Broderick as Ferris is awesome; owns the entire movie. This film feels like a teen film; a dream of a truanting adventure realised. But was this really all Ferris Bueller was trying to be? It's cool to watch Ferris do cool things, but was looking for something more. Not a lot seems to come from it all till the end. In all honesty though, Ferris Bueller's Day Off is a great film. While lacking an identity, script includes apt, snappy comedy & never panders to the audience.