Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ferris Bueller's Day Off Reviews

July 20, 2017
Spent a portion of my day off watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Can't say I had as much fun as he did, but found a lot to like about it. Ferris Bueller is laugh-out-loud funny in places and entertaining throughout. Matthew Broderick as Ferris is awesome; owns the entire movie. This film feels like a teen film; a dream of a truanting adventure realised. But was this really all Ferris Bueller was trying to be? It's cool to watch Ferris do cool things, but was looking for something more. Not a lot seems to come from it all till the end. In all honesty though, Ferris Bueller's Day Off is a great film. While lacking an identity, script includes apt, snappy comedy & never panders to the audience.
July 14, 2017
The beginning was funny af. It went down hill from there.
June 17, 2017
One of the funniest movies of all time! It smells of 1980s. I love this movie, absolutely recommend it to anyone wanting a great laugh
June 16, 2017
Its the essential 80's teen movie. It has a great cast and awesome humor. Its a movie about a kid who just doesn't want to go to school. Go check it out

Rating: 10/10
June 11, 2017
the most hilarious movie i have ever seen.
May 22, 2017
Amazing performance delivered. Hilarious and classic tale of three friends playing hooky. An all-time favorite that you can always come back to.
May 15, 2017
Never cared...lol, but hey- I liked it.
May 8, 2017
its fun, its cleaver and its never old. it one of my favorite comedies of all freakin' time
April 26, 2017
Another fine production from John Hughes. To me, this film is made by the Jeffrey Jones' efforts as the Dean of Students to put a "serious dent" in Ferris' future for cutting class. Ferris seems to be a bit of a sociopath but film still works. Love the depiction of the high school teachers in this.
April 11, 2017
My personal favorite movie ever.
April 2, 2017
This is one of the best coming of age tales I have ever seen and I will use the cliche phrase of saying it is a true cult classic! Extremely clever and incredibly funny while also having some real emotional drive behind it and promoting themes such as self belief, standing up for yourself and even doing the right thing. All the characters are great and this has actually inspired some cliches and parodies of its own!
½ March 20, 2017
Very good and funny. It makes me laugh out loud. John Hughes made this very great. Well acted, and a good story.
March 13, 2017
Very hard and heartless to watch as it promotes unkindness to others just because they're older and different. I really like the actors, though, just not in this movie.
March 4, 2017
First watched in 2015. I watch it around 5 times a year, and never gets old. I don't think I get through a single day without quoting it.
February 28, 2017
Out of all the films John Hughes has directed, this was his biggest box office success. Now I can see why.
This film was really well shot, being 30 years old as of 2016, and it was well performed by all of the actors.
It was Bueller's personality that really spiced up the story. How innocent, generous & upbeat cheerful he was. How he was smart enough to find a solution for every situation that had or could go wrong. I don't think there are any other teen comedies either in the 80's or beyond that has a character like this. Definitely not in the 90's or 2000's.
Life, as Ferris famously remarks, moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around, you might miss it. Ferris Bueller is one of the things you should definitely make some time for.
½ February 22, 2017
Did'nt live up to the hipe at all.
February 21, 2017
I will take Bueller's advice someday
February 17, 2017
Ferris is so full of himself I stopped wstching after 10 minutes.
½ January 29, 2017
Ranging from fun and lighthearted to more serious tones, the film is unique and classic all in one.
January 7, 2017
I can't say I'm a big John Hughes fan. For every film of his I like ("The Breakfast Club"), there's at least one I'm not very fond of ("Sixteen Candles") and one I really hate ("Home Alone"). This one falls in the middle. Broderick is likable, Alan Ruck is incredible, and there are some parts that work for me (Abe Froman). Too much of it is just too broad and unfunny for me. I can't stand Jeffrey Jones falling in mud and getting bit by a dog and nothing involving Jennifer Grey is the least bit funny. Broderick lip syncing to "Twist and Shout" in the middle of a parade while folks on the street dance is one of the most detestable sequences committed to film. Everything bad about the 80's is contained in this scene in concentrated form.