Fighting with My Family Reviews

• 13h ago

I know the back story before I saw the movie. I enjoyed it.

I know the back story before I saw the movie. I enjoyed it.

• 3d ago

The Rock inserts himself in the story of controversial WWE star Paige. The film is trying to portray an understanding of the wacky world of professional wrestling. The film just doesn't get it. Hardcore WWE fans will groan at the lack of care. There was no attention to details. Like most true story Hollywood adaptions the timeline is a mess. Not to mention towards the end there is a cringe-worthy line that will make all wrestling and Paige fans uncomfortable.

• 6d ago

Well I'm a little late to the party here, but finally got around to watching this. I was never a huge wrestling fan, but being an asst. editor on The Cauliflower Alley Club's newsletter has definitely given me an appreciation for it. I went into this with pretty big expectations, I was a HUGE fan of Florence Pugh after seeing her in Lady Macbeth. Sadly I think she may have been in over her head here. Not to say she did a bad job but I don't think she took the right role. The acting throughout felt almost forced, I guess it could have been intentional as this was almost filmed as a documentary style film. Ironically, clocking in at 1hr 48min I think the film was too short. It really didn't even scratch the surface of Paige's career. Overall it was entertaining (even with the so over the top Dwayne Johnson roll lol). I'd give this a 2.5/5 and hope that Florence choices future rolls more carefully!

• Gimly M Super Reviewer
    6d ago

Not really a Wrestling movie so much as it is a character study that may or may not be remotely accurate. I don't feel like I walked away from Fighting with My Family with a greater appreciation for the sport, but I did feel like I understood how the core cast felt about it.

• Jun 09, 2019

Big surprise. It will win you over.

Big surprise. It will win you over.

• Jun 08, 2019

I liked that it was a true story and the actors were cool and all but the story wasn't all that interesting. It was mainly boring with Zak's jealousy. It passed the time.

• Jun 08, 2019

6/8/2019 This features the true-to-life story of WWE female superstar Paige, who was born to a tight knit wrestling family. A rare opportunity to make it to the big leagues tested her family's unity, most especially her relationship with her brother. Lena Headey, off her stereotyped role as Cersei, plays the role of the supportive wrestler mom. The Rock Dwayne Johnson plays as himself, of course!

• Jun 08, 2019

Great movie. Terrific writing and performances all around. Strongly reccomend.

Great movie. Terrific writing and performances all around. Strongly reccomend.

• Jun 06, 2019

Great movie. A must see movie.

Great movie. A must see movie.

• Jun 05, 2019

wow, it's a movie for everyone and not just a wrestling movie. they did an amazing job! very heartfelt.