Fighting with My Family - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fighting with My Family Reviews

May 19, 2019
I despise wrestling. Why don't I like it?
"- Because I'm not a child or moron."
But movie is so-so.
½ May 18, 2019
Surprisingly a really great movie!
½ May 18, 2019
Joyous. Heartfelt. Feelgood.
May 18, 2019
I actually enjoyed this movie. A fun, formulaic, cliche ridden heart warmer. Based on a true story. They lost me though, when they decided to maintain the fakery of wrestling by pretending the big Diva Championship fight at the end was real !?) Why? Its part of her story. Tell the story. But no, Disneyland infects everything.
May 17, 2019
Very well done; basically follows the staory of two young would be wrestlers and their journey into the WWE. While it stops short of being a bio-doc of the WWE diva wrestler paige, it does show her story. Florence Pugh is fantastic; Leany Headey is amazing, as always. Nick Frost, Jack Lowden and Vince Vaughn deliver 5 star performances.
May 17, 2019
You don't need to be a wrestling fan to enjoy this. It helps a bit but this is a perfect movie. So freaking awesome.
May 17, 2019
Enjoyed every bit of this movie, getting to learn her family background plus going through mixed emotions both the sister and the brother and the ending.. i loved it
May 16, 2019
Awesome movie! Great story...
May 15, 2019
Surprisingly amazing
May 14, 2019
Having been a massive fan of the WWE back in my earlier days, though not so much when this film is set, Fighting With My Family offered an interesting glimpse into the rise of one of the companies most noteworthy, but also short-lived success stories. It creates a fantastic dynamic between the central family and their band of amateur wrestlers, and Nick Frost and Lena Headey both look and act fantastically, embodying a set of parents who have suffered many misfortunes and now pour their lives into their passion, thinking little about the possible consequences. The films greatest strengths are its acting, witty script and feel-good sensibilities. Unfortunately, its hampered by a wealth of stereotypical rags to riches cliches: Arguments with family members, a tough, belittling trainer, people saying 'never give up on your dream', self-doubt leading to conflict, a revelation that brings their mission back into focus. I don't know how much of it is true to life, but it seems that Paige may have endured more cliches than she did wrestling bumps on her way to stardom. But the film doesn't get dragged down too much, and is cheeky enough to take a few earnest digs at WWE itself and how its treatment of female talent hasn't always been as respectful as it should have been. Fighting with My Family breaks no new ground, but it's one Hell of an enjoyable ride nonetheless.
½ May 14, 2019
Surprisingly wonderful and entertaining movie, considering it could have lost itself easily.
½ May 13, 2019
This movie was much better than I expected. It was not amazing but was a servicable way to spend 1 and half hours. The best scenes in the movie were with The Rock playing himself.
½ May 13, 2019
Fighting with My Family is yet another inspirational sports biopic in approach as it hits all of those familiar, predictable beats of the genre, but what makes it solid and quite engaging nonetheless is its big heart, the acting which is very good across the board and a particularly strong sibling relationship at its core.
May 11, 2019
Florence Pugh steals the show with a billy Elliot type story arch. Fantastic acting all around and a heart warming in depth look on the wrestling world as a whole and how hard it can really be to not only get in but survive if you don't.
May 10, 2019
A feel good family comedy, Fighting with My Family will take you on a ride off the top ropes. Funny one liners, inspiring moments, and some sweet cameos by some of your favorite wrestlers combine for a great look behind the curtain of professional wrestling as an entertainment business. The Rock cooks up a film showing the real effort and perseverance it takes to be successful in a "fake" world. We smell what you're cookin Rock, next time just throw in a turtleneck and fanny pack.
May 10, 2019
It's okay. The impact of the dream finish is highly mitigated by the fact that it's not some physical victory that Paige achieved. She simply acted out stuff written by writers. But good for her I guess. There were too many scenes of Paige choking with stage-fright that didn't ring true - and too much Zak being mopey - but there were funny bits too. 6 out of 10
May 7, 2019
Fighting With My Family is a heart-warming biopic that is guarenteed to make you smile. Genuinely funny, Pugh shines, while Merchant makes it appeal to even non-wrestling fans. Wrestling never felt so good.
½ May 6, 2019
Fighting with my family is a underdog that inspires many and touches others in all the right places. Florence Pugh does an outstanding performance as Paige , bringing one of the most iconic WWE stars to life. Definitely worth watching
½ May 4, 2019
A no frills but plain biography of an English woman wrestler, didn't help even with The Rock's appearance in the movie.
½ May 3, 2019
The WWE isn't for me and, unlike "The Wrestler" or "Beyond The Mat" - neither is this. Too disneyfied and trope- dependant. If it more accurately represented what the actual fight for the throne in this sort of endeavor looks like however - I'd probably be right onboard.