Fighting with My Family Reviews

• 3d ago

I think wrestling is garbage but I loved this movie! I found out after that the clips in the credits were from a documentary about Paige, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson saw it and decided to make this movie, it's probably why it has so much heart. Plenty of laughs, great storytelling and perfect casting (well maybe not the uptight in-laws, they made it lose half a point with their caricature performances).

• Jan 15, 2020

Funny in bits but dragged a little. Not bad for a Sunday afternoon boredom watch. Great load of cameos for any WWE fan.

• Jan 13, 2020

This was surprisingly very good!

This was surprisingly very good!

• Jan 12, 2020

Proof that wrestling itself might be the fakest sh!t, but life is great!

Proof that wrestling itself might be the fakest sh!t, but life is great!

• Jan 06, 2020

Great movie. I think the story is awesome.

Great movie. I think the story is awesome.

• Jan 03, 2020

A bit formulaic, yet satisfying, 'Fighting with my Family' is far from the worst wrestling movie ever made and not close to the best. Packed with really good performances, the film is more a WWE infomercial than anything else, but for fans of the product they should have a good time. It's a somewhat true story of a British girl who came from a pro wrestling family with desires to hit the big time. The key to this movie, like wrestling, is to tell a good story and we have that. We also have a lot of checklist items for a film of this nature. Surprisingly, what ties this together is a performance from Vince Vaughn. Yes just the guy you expect in a wrestling movie, Vaughn plays a trainer looking for talent. He has an incredible chemistry with ‎Florence Pugh‎ who portrays Paige, the former WWE wrestler. Paige's family (Lena Headey, Nick Frost, Jack Lowden) each have moments to shine as there is a bit of comedic heft that you wouldn't expect. If you're into this sort of thing you'll think it's a home run and even if you're not there's a lot of charisma that wills the film along even in its slow moments. Final Score: 6.6/10

• Jan 02, 2020

Very surprised this particular story was turned into a film but director Stephen Merchant does a great job as you feel every bump and every body slam. Lead Florence Pugh also really embodies the main lead and there’s some nice cameos from WWE Superstars too.

• Jan 02, 2020

You get the Rock playing himself that alone should sell the movie but you get a sports comedy with a lot of heart. May not suit everyone but is enjoyable to watch even if you're not a sports movie fan.

• Dec 30, 2019

A surprisingly engaging and high-spirited comedy drama that feels more like a character study than a sports film. Fighting With My Family is as unusual as its title but thanks to Florence Pugh and the rest of the cast, it's worth watching.

• Dec 29, 2019

Not a movie to watch but their a lot of it was made up.

Not a movie to watch but their a lot of it was made up.