Fire in the Sky - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fire in the Sky Reviews

October 29, 2016
Probably on of the most underrated alien abduction movies ever.
½ August 14, 2016
Based on some factual events, this film will take you on a ride through suspense and hopefulness. The end will give you chills and make you wonder.....What's really out there?
July 22, 2016
It's hard not to prejudice Fire in the Sky based on its non-fiction source material. But it's not as if queuing the movie adaptation of Travis Walton's alien-abduction account makes you a believer. And you'll at least be treated to a pair of superlative merits. One would be the film's money shot: a ridiculous, yet prevailingly horrifying, visualization of Walton's alleged time aboard the supposed spaceship, complete with slicing, probing, suffocating and supremely creepy ETs. The other is D.B. Sweeney's tender turn as a shell-shocked small-town boy fitting back in to the life he left behind while getting ritually tortured. As true-life narrative, it's preposterous. As an easy analog to myriad post-trauma "coming home" flicks, it resonates. And for fans of medium-budget curiosities that don't quite satisfy mainstream taste nor cult obsession, it's a hidden gem.
July 17, 2016
This is not, in any way, based on a true story. But it's still a damn good movie.
½ July 11, 2016
Compelling in both ways to the craftsmanship and the skepticism-surrounded story, with the result being unmatched between the two when just stating the summarized fact through examined social communications and some amount of decent effort, treating the story a blend of biopic through the facts with the interfering sci-fi genre. (B)

(Full review TBD)
June 12, 2016
A spectacular alien movie!
April 29, 2016
A really good biopic-sci fi drama movie. I really praise this movie: from the good acting, to the documentary style of the film, to the famous, among fans, abduction scene and the wonderful and menacing alien makeup-effects. Hopefully, mankind won't have to meet with these creatures. It's really entertaining and super well made and if Travis really did go through all that shit in real life, I'd say: "WOW, this is one fucked up world". Recommended !!
March 6, 2016
What could have been very silly isn't, and instead presents an intriguing case.
½ January 6, 2016
Although i'm not a fan of science fiction or anything got to do with Aliens etc. i have to give this movie a thumbs up because not only is it about aliens but they make it to be a good conspiracy.
December 19, 2015
Not very many people seem to like this movie, but when I first saw it in 1993 it creeped me out! There isn't a whole lot to the story, but I still have fun with this movie.
September 11, 2015
Authentically convincing with plenty of room for doubters to enjoy the show & story as well.
½ September 6, 2015
Fire in the Sky est un de ces films qui semble n'être que du build-up pour rien au final. Or, malgré tout le temps que le film de Robert Lieberman passe à montrer six bûcherons soupçonnés de meurtre de l'un d'entre eux alors que celui-ci aurait été enlevé par les extraterrestres, Fire in the Sky marche plutôt bien parce qu'il offre le big payoff qu'on attendait. Et ce payoff est absolument génial, sept minutes de pure terreur et d'incompréhension. La vision de Lieberman est originale et c'est alors extrêmement dommage qu'il ne soit pas aussi doué pour les scènes sur Terre. Robert Patrick, D.B. Sweeney et Peter Berg sont excellents, les autres beaucoup moins. Fire In the Sky est une sympathique surprise.
April 8, 2015
It really runs out of steam in the middle which is a shame as it was pretty good up till then.
½ April 6, 2015
It was a long time ago, but it was alright.
March 31, 2015
Spooky alien abduction story. The movie surprisingly has no humor or action which is rare for the genre. I like how a main focus of the story is on if something extraordinary happened to you and you told people about it it could ruin your ordinary life. It's an interesting theme in many movies, having some unbelievable knowledge that no one believes. What the aliens do to us in this movie is pretty much what we do to animals, so if technologically advanced aliens do exist I would imagine they'd want to put you in a cage and experiment on you.
½ February 20, 2015
Solid,diverse cast.Very well acted,aside from Craig Sheffer who´s too cartoony. The music would be ok if that trumpet was taken out,and it gets silly at the end.Stressing the fact that it is based on true events the film is very natural-like. Instead of playing out like an X-Files episode it shows us the aftermath from a public perception,media,legal,family and relationships-wise point of view.Like how it would actually be (was) in real life.This was never meant to be a thriller or a sci-fi show.

That being said,it does include probably the best sequence I have personally seen involving the topic of aliens.Simply an awesome scene,perfect.The spaceship,the environment,the aliens,the "procedure",brutal.
February 2, 2015
I watched this as a teenager, I was scared! I had to sleep with my light on. I think it's the best 'Alien Abduction' film about.
½ August 10, 2014
I don't really believe in little green men but I enjoyed the movie and hope one day it makes its way to bluray
August 2, 2014
As an eerie and somewhat disturbing abduction story, this film is great, but as a compelling, artfully crafted cinematic piece, this film falls behind lines.
June 14, 2014
Its questionable wherever I should like this film or not. It contains an intressting premise, some good tension/build-up stuff, and some mediocre acting, storytelling, directing and a me-he score to be rather misspread throughout.