Fire With Fire - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fire With Fire Reviews

September 4, 2017
I couldn't sleep last night and this movie came on network TV. I did not even know what it was as I watched it. I really disliked what as far as I can tell was the opening scene in which our hero firefighter, Jeremy. at the scene of a bar fire, marches into the still dangerous structure and emerges with a case of fine scotch. This is met with applause by a gathered crowd as he offers to share the booze with his fire fighter comrades and then offers a bottle to a very cute girl who is watching him in action all gaga. I just found it irritatingly smug, and utterly unrealistic, in the way that young Bruce Willis was sickeningly cocky before he lost his hair and became, in my opinion, more likeable and subdued. It's when, after he witnesses a vicious crime, that Jeremy falls into a steamy romance with cute African American lady cop, Talia, both of them bending the rules pretty severely. I thought they had great chemistry and with that I was hooked. Jeremy witnessed a horrible murder perpetrated by Aryan crime boss, Hagan, and Hagan does not want to do prison time. Hagan learns that Jeremy is in love with lady cop, Talia, and from that point they are both in hot water. I foresaw some major plot twists and in its essence this movie is what it is, an adrenaline driven romantic action film. It had me vocalizing a couple times, by myself, at the TV after one in the morning because I liked the couple and it of course gets quite hairy for them even. Jeremy has decided (After she survives being shot.) that to hell with it, I am going to Bruce Willis this mess, and he goes after Hagan, himself, in this case even though his girlfriend has barely taught him how to shoot. There is a nice symmetry to Hagan's racism and the love affair between the mixed race couple who may be destroyed by him, unless love overcomes hate. Aside from that it was very involving and well done. I could have done without the silly case of scotch scene in the beginning but fortunately it does not follow through with that cutesy dumbness (Which I think could justifiably offend real fire fighters.) throughout the movie. The more subdued latter day Bruce Willis has a supporting role as a concerned cop.
½ July 23, 2017
Pretty decent action
May 21, 2017
Muy entretenida, aunque no es nada del otro jueves. Quizás lo peor sean alguno de los actores, como el malo malísimo o Bruce Willis, que está de capa caída
½ January 3, 2017
Not a great movie. The main bad guy (Vincent D' Onofrio) was probably the best part about it. I would have liked to see more from Bruce Willis. I'm not sure how he ended up in this movie. He didn't add anything extra.
January 3, 2017
Not that bad ... but of course ridiculous violence ... surprised that so many top stars still subscribe to junky violence
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
May 9, 2016
Did the person who wrote the plot summary actually see the film?

Rosario Dawson's character was not "mortally" wounded, unless she was walking dead for most of the film!

Josh Duhmael did not "rally" Hagen's ememies against him at all!
½ December 17, 2015
A very formulaic vengeance movie with Willis, one of my favs, in a wasted role and a powerful performance by D'Onofrio. Duhamel sleepwalks through the movie, and Dawson is thrown in as love interest/protector in a non-convincing role. Not worth checking out.
December 12, 2015
Didn't like the story though all actors did a good job.
October 16, 2015
Some decent action here, but the plot, and Duhamels acting are beyond bad here. The movie starts off with promise, but gets more ridiculous as the film goes on. Bruce Wills is in the film, but cannot save it. It's just a corny over the top laughable thriller.
½ September 18, 2015
Oef, what a terrible movie. The plot is thinner than ice with minus one: from a woman trapped in a building yet miraculously shooting someone 30 meters outside of the building to nazi-brotherhoods that can operate fully armed while
the police is watching (or should be watching, because they know what they did!) every move. Basically, this movie forgot that the nineties,
with its blown out of proportion, stupid action flicks, are long gone. They made a movie so stupid and unnecessary that one should seriously question if Bruce Willis should have heard red alarm bells going off while reading this toiletpaper script.
August 20, 2015
Sometimes films can be entertaining, but for one reason or another are utterly forgettable. In the case of Fire With Fire, I enjoyed the film, but even a few weeks later, I had a difficult time remembering the plot. This is because once again we have an action film that is completely average in every way possible. It's a common story, with a lot of bullets, f words, and bodies, featuring a cast that was far from superb. Jeremy Coleman (Josh Duhamel) is a firefighter who witness a horrible crime. As a result, Coleman is put into the Witness Protection Program, which according to Hollywood is completely inept. Once found, Coleman and his significant other are forced to go on the run and ultimately decide to take the fight to their pursuers, with mixed results. This film was completely predictable and lacked any originality what so ever. Josh Duhamel stars and while he is a good looking, gigantic man, he's not much of an action star. He's lanky, awkward, and simply doesn't have the moves or personality to be believable as an action star. The Director tries to correct this by surrounding him with veteran action stars like Bruce Willis and Vincent D'Onofrio, but it is still painfully obvious that Duhamel got the role simply to be eye candy, further proven by the amount of times he unnecessarily takes his shirt off. As with all action films, Fire With Fire has it's moments, and Vincent D'Onofrio is always an entertaining villain, but aside from that, this film is good for nothing more than a 90 minute distraction, that you probably won't even remember it a few days later.
July 10, 2015
It may seem like just another cliche action flick but Fire With Fire is a well written action thriller that gives Josh Duhamel the acting credit he deserves. The film also has great casting with Bruce Willis, Vincent D'Onofrio, Julian McMahon, Vinnie Jones, and Rosario Dawson all playing great characters.
July 6, 2015
if Dawson wasn't in this i would have turned it off.
June 18, 2015
I actually really liked. The plot was not that unique but it moved at a really fast pace and the movie was very well cast and the characters were good. It was also very violent and a lot more gory than I was expecting.
½ April 25, 2015
2015-04-25 not bad, Bruce was not too obnoxious in a nicely understated secondary role. Josh and Rosario were good, Josh was a little one-dimensional though.
April 15, 2015
Horrible lamest Bruce Willis movie I have ever seen !!!!
½ March 26, 2015
This movie was not as bad as everyone made it out to be. I think it was entertaining and there was great action in it and the story was actually pretty fun and interesting.
March 20, 2015
Great cast (Bruce Willis, Richard Schiff, Vincent D'Onofrio, Vinnie Jones) wasted on a nothing story with clunky dialog. Coleman (Josh Duhamel) is hard to root for and Hagen's (Vincent D'Onofrio) affected hissing is bizarre.
½ February 28, 2015
Pretty standard low budget action flick, nothing more. It benefits from having two well know actors, but unfortunately Bruce Willis is confined to a secondary role. The movie overall just looks low budget, the lack of editing of the picture, the CGI blood and fire, the terrible CGI muzzle flashes, and an overall bland look. The acting is just blah, the script is no better, and has a cheesy predictable feel. The plot is simple, overused, has a "saw that coming" ending. And apparently in a long range gunfight both pistols and sniper rifles have the same accuracy. Not worth your time, plenty of other movies out there with the same idea that are far better