Fire With Fire Reviews

• Jul 02, 2019

Embarassing really. Easily one of the worst movies featuring Bruce Willis

Embarassing really. Easily one of the worst movies featuring Bruce Willis

• Jun 01, 2018

Not an action picture. Nothing about the movie draws you in. It's shallow and trite. The cast is the best thing about this movie. But it turned out to be a waste of talent. You'll get more entertainment just reading the casts biography's.

• Sep 04, 2017

I couldn't sleep last night and this movie came on network TV. I did not even know what it was as I watched it. I really disliked what as far as I can tell was the opening scene in which our hero firefighter, Jeremy. at the scene of a bar fire, marches into the still dangerous structure and emerges with a case of fine scotch. This is met with applause by a gathered crowd as he offers to share the booze with his fire fighter comrades and then offers a bottle to a very cute girl who is watching him in action all gaga. I just found it irritatingly smug, and utterly unrealistic, in the way that young Bruce Willis was sickeningly cocky before he lost his hair and became, in my opinion, more likeable and subdued. It's when, after he witnesses a vicious crime, that Jeremy falls into a steamy romance with cute African American lady cop, Talia, both of them bending the rules pretty severely. I thought they had great chemistry and with that I was hooked. Jeremy witnessed a horrible murder perpetrated by Aryan crime boss, Hagan, and Hagan does not want to do prison time. Hagan learns that Jeremy is in love with lady cop, Talia, and from that point they are both in hot water. I foresaw some major plot twists and in its essence this movie is what it is, an adrenaline driven romantic action film. It had me vocalizing a couple times, by myself, at the TV after one in the morning because I liked the couple and it of course gets quite hairy for them even. Jeremy has decided (After she survives being shot.) that to hell with it, I am going to Bruce Willis this mess, and he goes after Hagan, himself, in this case even though his girlfriend has barely taught him how to shoot. There is a nice symmetry to Hagan's racism and the love affair between the mixed race couple who may be destroyed by him, unless love overcomes hate. Aside from that it was very involving and well done. I could have done without the silly case of scotch scene in the beginning but fortunately it does not follow through with that cutesy dumbness (Which I think could justifiably offend real fire fighters.) throughout the movie. The more subdued latter day Bruce Willis has a supporting role as a concerned cop.

• Jul 23, 2017

Pretty decent action

Pretty decent action

• May 21, 2017

Muy entretenida, aunque no es nada del otro jueves. Quizás lo peor sean alguno de los actores, como el malo malísimo o Bruce Willis, que está de capa caída

• Jan 03, 2017

Not a great movie. The main bad guy (Vincent D' Onofrio) was probably the best part about it. I would have liked to see more from Bruce Willis. I'm not sure how he ended up in this movie. He didn't add anything extra.

• Jan 03, 2017

Not that bad ... but of course ridiculous violence ... surprised that so many top stars still subscribe to junky violence

• Dec 30, 2016

It's good movie to watch

It's good movie to watch

• May 09, 2016

Did the person who wrote the plot summary actually see the film? Rosario Dawson's character was not "mortally" wounded, unless she was walking dead for most of the film! Josh Duhmael did not "rally" Hagen's ememies against him at all!

• Dec 17, 2015

A very formulaic vengeance movie with Willis, one of my favs, in a wasted role and a powerful performance by D'Onofrio. Duhamel sleepwalks through the movie, and Dawson is thrown in as love interest/protector in a non-convincing role. Not worth checking out.