The Fog Reviews

• May 30, 2022

With Tom Welling, Maggie Grace and Selma Blair iand with it being a remake of a John Carpenter flick you'd think it'd be good. Yet somehow these things do not add up to a good film. The script feels a bit confused, like maybe there were too many cooks in the kitchen sort of thing. The direction gives you exactly what you expect without ever really pulling you in. It's serviceable as a film but lacking on anything resembling horror.

• Dec 14, 2021

It was better than one star. Maybe, I liked more because I expected it to suck. It did not.

• Nov 30, 2021

a remake for john carpenters fog isn't a bad idea, I can see it being remade, the 2005 version of the fog is nothing but the standard horror clichés we have seen before with the stupid teenage characters and effortless jump scares

• Oct 18, 2021

This remake version is definitely cursed.

This remake version is definitely cursed.

• Aug 30, 2021

Another movie that really does not make any sense.

Another movie that really does not make any sense.

• Aug 01, 2021

The fog and special effects were a nice addition. This uninspired remake has a bigger focus on the backstory of how the town of Antonio Bay was founded, but none of what made The Fog (1980) great. It's unfortunately another boring example of why you don't need to remake a film that is already good or has achieved a cult-like fandom. There was a clear opportunity at the end of the original to continue the story, but sadly Wainwright was tasked with directing a regurgitated and embellished version of the original. I wanted to like it because Carpenter produced while Debra Hill updated the story, but why was it made at all? Maggie Grace is a poor substitute for Jamie Lee Curtis as Elizabeth.

• Jul 06, 2021

Absolutely amazing that this was released. I've never been angry with a movie until this came out. Like the wb put out a horror movie that was utter crap.

• Jun 10, 2021

Got this by mistake thinking it was the 1980 version. What a disappointment!

Got this by mistake thinking it was the 1980 version. What a disappointment!

• May 26, 2021

I remember seeing this quite a few years ago and thinking it was utterly awful. It's not like the original was some masterpiece of cinema but it did eventually get officially ‘creepy' before all was said and done. This fell victim to over complicating something as simple as lethal fog, which is probably why the original works so well - it didn't over complicate it. Also, there's just something better about horror when it's happening to dirty looking old people with bad haircuts and shitty cars. Oh, they gave us pointless flashbacks instead. This is just The Fog in name only. At least watch the original before this, so you can see the difference for yourself.

• Apr 03, 2021

A terrible remake of the 1980 movie. I really can't think of anything good to say about this mess.