The Fog Reviews

• Apr 03, 2021

A terrible remake of the 1980 movie. I really can't think of anything good to say about this mess.

• Mar 07, 2021

The original movie terrified me as a child, so when this movie was released I immediately went to the theater to hopefully relieve those chills and thrills and share that on a date with my then girlfriend, now wife... So... half an hour into this abomination of direction and acting, I get up, tell her let's go.... head to the box office and demand our money back or vouchers for another film. To this date (now 2021) I've only watched those first 30mins... I REALLY hated it that much that even 16 years later I'm writing a blurb about this atrocious remake from only 30 mins of actually watching it. * P.S. yes the theater did issue us a refund. So I can die happy knowing that my money never made it to the studio that released this trash.

• Feb 03, 2021

I would like to cast everyone who was involved with this film out to sea. Leave great 80's films alone!

• Oct 16, 2020

Poor overall, I do like the idea though. 'The Fog' has been absolutely obliterated on Letterboxd, 1.6 average rating is major yikes. I, honestly, don't think it's quite that awful but I fully understand the dislike this has. For me, it wastes a good concept. I actually don't mind the special effects, sure they aren't anything amazing but I never really felt let down by them; the only times it bothered me, in truth, was when there's a huge bundle of fog. For the "natives", though, I thought they looked fairly neat. The film definitely goes on for too long, while the ending is terrible. Acting wise I think it's OK. Tom Welling (Nick) and Maggie Grace (Elizabeth) are passable, the rest of the cast give pretty lame performances granted. Bad, but not *that* bad in my opinion. Remakes always tend to make people more annoyed, especially when they've seen the original. I haven't, so I guess that plays a part.

• Oct 13, 2020

without a doubt it is one of the worst films in history. Everything about him is rough.

• Aug 30, 2020

Fun for Halloween 🎃 nonsense :)

Fun for Halloween 🎃 nonsense :)

• Aug 19, 2020

The rare remake title that could have used modern story telling and effects to surpass the original and give us a quality movie..... Instead we got this.

• Jul 06, 2020

Remake of a good film that as usual failed because the film in question did not need a remake as nobody felt the need. In general the plot is nice but not fully successful and can not scare in any way

• Jun 27, 2020

The actors do their best but it is missing the cleverness and tension of the original. Effective sometimes.

• Jun 25, 2020

Um, this was a very awful experience. It might just be the worst horror film I've ever seen. Just watch the original.