Free State of Jones Reviews

• 3d ago

Loved it! The ending is something to be remembered, especially in this day and time! Watch it, see it, understand it!

• Oct 06, 2019

I found it fascinating, although I didn't see it all the way through. I'll watch it again. I'm wondering how true it is to historical accounts.

• Sep 09, 2019

100% Hands down my favourite movie of all time. Watch to learn about a hero of natural rights and liberty

• Aug 26, 2019

Ok but sometimes strange

Ok but sometimes strange

• Jul 14, 2019

An awesome movie that demonstrates the struggle between the rich and poor that continues to this day.

• Jun 25, 2019

The Free State of Jones starts out good. But it says what it wants to say quickly and isn't sure what to do for the rest of the movie.

• Jun 06, 2019

Very emotional, great acting. Great movie about the American civil war and black slavery being dealt with. 8/10

• May 23, 2019

This movie has a lot of great ideas and themes that it wishes to explore, and does decent on a few,but lacks on a couple others. The horror of war was certainly one, and the opening scene does well to show it, but the rest of the film doesn't provide any more of that mood. The idea of children being affected is well explored. There are a few lines that can be remembered and hang with you for awhile, which is actually where this movie excels in my personal opinion, and most of these occur within moments of racial tension. I feel like this would be a great teaching tale in schools (if it weren't so explicit), yet it doesn't quite stack up to really good true story tales that are considered top notch movies as well. It stands well educationally and in making the viewer think, but doesn't really go past the tale or the few quotes.

• May 21, 2019

This movie is proof that films don't necessary need to be franatically paced to be thoroughly absorbing

• Apr 23, 2019

I appreciate this film depicting issues that have plagued the African American race for a long time.