Frida Reviews

• Dec 30, 2020

Okay film to pass the time.

Okay film to pass the time.

• Marisol M Super Reviewer
    Dec 11, 2020

This film is on fire whenever Kahlo's passion, pain, and artistic process are front and center. The balance is off however between all that and the lingering spotlight on her volatile relationship with Diego Rivera. Kahlo's disability and resulting anguish were absent whenever convenient storywise. 'Frida' is an ideal pairing between subject and director though, as Taymor's superimposed Kahlo/Hayek imagery will keep you salivating for more about what made this revolutionary woman tick. We're due for another crack at her story.

• Oct 30, 2020

'Frida' doesn't break any new ground in the biopics department, but it's executed with a tangible sense of elegance and grace that for the most part had me invested. The beauty of art juxtaposed with the turbulent life and many heartbreaks/disappointments faced by these characters made for a film that was worth sitting through. The authenticity of 1950's Mexico, United States and other countries represented in this movie carry a visually appealing and colorful aesthetic that just screams art, and I for one enjoyed merely looking at the movie. Despite some pivotal moments being rushed and Hollywood-ized inaccuracies, this is actually a pretty good film with 2 excellent central performances from Hayek and Molina.

• Oct 27, 2020

Beautifully and artistically done.

Beautifully and artistically done.

• Oct 15, 2020

one of the best movies i've seen but his script i found a bit boring but you can watch it.

• Jul 10, 2020

This biographical drama about the famous Mexican painter Frida Kahlo is great. Selma Hayek, Alfred Molina, Mia Maestro, and the rest of the cast did an excellent job in this movie. The plot to the movie is very dramatic and depressing at times, but it still keeps the audience interested. Frida Kahlo had a very creative vision in her art, she really expressed her emotions in her work through life experiences. That's pretty impressive. If you haven't seen this movie yet, check it out sometime. It's worth watching sometime.

• Jul 08, 2020

A gripping & passionate masterpiece! Salma Hayek gives a captivating performance - I find myself emotionally connected with her as Frida & cry every time I view this film. The fashion is beautifully curated as well as the architecture - wow!! The film Frida is a creative depiction of her beautiful & painful life - leaving you with empathy in your heart & curiosity on your mind 10/10

• Jul 06, 2020

An entertaining look at the life of a great artist and intriguing force of life. I don't know how accurate it is, but I do feel I understand her art a little better now.

• Jun 30, 2020

I wasn't engaged in the story but the performances were good enough for me not to care.

• Jun 01, 2020

An undeniable honest portrait of an artist ahead of her time (and that continues to impact and inspire many artists across the world), albeit with some artistic license in the true story (which is a minor problem that doesn't ruin the movie at all). The design is amazingly adapted from the very art from Frida Kahlo, as of the make up and the score are totally respectful and inspired from the Mexican culture. And of course, we must not forget the incredible cast (led by an unforgettable Salma Hayek in the lead role), all of that lead by a wonderful direction from Julie Taymor.