From Dusk Till Dawn - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

From Dusk Till Dawn Reviews

December 30, 2017
A wildly uneven pulpy B-movie by the filmmaking duo of Rodriguez and Tarantino. While the scene at the vampire-infested bar is definitely the highlight of the movie and when the film starts to get good, it is the first forty minutes of the film that truly drags along and is almost an entirely different and less-interesting film altogether with two very unlikable characters. George Clooney is by far the standout with a solid, and charismatic performance, which only points out how bad of an actor Tarantino is in comparison when the two share screen time.
From Dusk Till Dawn has fun moments and some decent characters, however, to get to those characters involves a trek into about thirty to forty opening minutes of utter boredom.

3/5 stars
½ December 21, 2017
Non-stop action and a great plot with above average acting.
½ December 18, 2017
What can I say about this classic flick that hasn't been said already... Nothing, it's a great film, check it out if you haven't yet.
November 26, 2017
Absolutely a classic! By far one of my favorites!
½ November 5, 2017
Yes it's ridiculous, yes it's pulpy, but it's also a massive amount of fun.
October 31, 2017
Good Quentin Tarantino movie starring George Clooney.
October 17, 2017
I love this insane slow burn into B-movie enjoyment that only writer Quentin Tarantino and director Robert Rodriguez can achieve. It's action-packed, it's bloody disgusting, and it's inventive. It leads us to hell, but has the gift that keeps on giving for all your horror movie lovin' fans. With goremaster Tom Savini as the cockgunning Sex Machine, what more could you ask for?
½ September 29, 2017
Just watched the 20th anniversary at the Calgary cineplex and my love for this film is still there. The violence has died a little compared to films that have come and gone over the years. Tarantino can really be felt in the first third and the drastic shift in the film is brilliant. I honestly wish he would write one shot films like this for other directors more often. Tarantino hasn't had that grip since Jackie Brown, sure I still love his films and hateful eight worked wonders for me. The film is half crime drama and horror, this film really goes from a well mounted crime film to a full blown horror film. if you haven't seen this movie you haven't experienced the real quentin tarantino gift to the horror genre. He balances the shift fluently and teaming with Rodriguez should be on the cards again. 28-10-2016.
September 24, 2017
Fun ride from beginning to end. Definitely a classic. 5/5
August 9, 2017
Not half as fun as it's novel premise. From Dusk wastes a talented cast on cynical, unfunny, low grade exploration. It's biggest sin it's it's just, kinda boring.
½ July 31, 2017
Starts as a Tarantino films, ends as a goofy and gory B movie. Fans of 90's flicks and vampires will certainly enjoy From Dusk Til Dawn.
July 25, 2017
One of those movies that's so bad it's good! I would hope it's meant to border on the rediculous side regards the special effects!
June 5, 2017
Selma's dance with the snake ??
May 21, 2017
When what we can't see with the naked eye lies a deep mystery inside of us that we can't explain but know it is there.
April 11, 2017
Un film che non ha bisogno di presentazioni, il re dei B movie per eccellenza. "Dal tramonto all'alba" č rumoroso, caotico e dannatamente divertente. Per fortuna che alla sceneggiatura ci ha pensato Tarantino, aumentando di molto il livello generale del film e rendendolo un'opera unica nel suo genere. Quando si scatena l'inferno dalla seconda metā del film il divertimento esplode e se si prende dal verso giusto si muore letteralmente dalle risate. In generale verrā ricordato come una piccola perla del genere, o semplicemente uno sfizio che un gruppo di amici voleva togliersi fin dal principio.
April 3, 2017
Tarantino writing is on point with this meta mix of genres.
April 1, 2017
I sort of feel like this is basically two movies loosely tied together with similar characters. It's also a bit hard for me to say what I want to say about this movie without getting into some spoilers, so if you don't already know the mid-movie twist, then I'll just say if you like action-horror it's worth checking out. Now that that's out of the way, what the hell was up with those vampires?
The first half of this movie is standard Tarantino/Rodriguez material. It's Tarantino's dialogue and Rodriguez's directing, and both those guys have a very loud and recognizable style to what they do. It's sort of like Pulp Fiction in Texas, with two morally broken characters trying to achieve something and killing a whole bunch of people along the way. I love the dialogue and the outrageous violence, and I liked the weird rapport they develop with a family they take as hostages, but it can't be denied how damn unlikable these two are. Clooney's character manages to have some charm, mainly because it's Clooney playing him, but Tarantino's character is downright despicable. I actually like both the performances here, and they have pretty good chemistry with each other and even look like brothers, but they're just so awful it's kind of hard to enjoy following them. Tarantino is no stranger to characters who are awful human beings, but they usually have some redeeming qualities and are at least enjoyable to watch. For a large chunk of this movie though I really didn't like following these guys. Which makes a slight conflict in this movie, since even though I think the first half is technically better than the second half, the second half does fix this problem.
The second half of the movie turns into something completely different. Basically the final 40-50 minutes is a balls out gorefest of them dealing with the fact they are suddenly in a bar filled with vampires. Again, pros and cons to this half. Main thing is it becomes much more limited, with the rest of the movie taking place in this bar, and as fun and outrageous as the gore is it becomes a bit tiring after a while. Having said that, this is some of the craziest gory action I've seen in film, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying watching it. I also like how quick they are to accept they're situation, basically saying "I don't believe in vampires, but yep, these are vampires". Clooney also becomes more likable here, taking on something of a reluctant hero role just to survive. I was surprised that by the end I found myself kind of liking his character.
From Dusk Till Dawn has some major flaws, and they're pretty hard to ignore. Even so, the sheer insanity and originality of this movie kind of make them forgivable. It's a movie that makes you think it's about one thing, then pulls the rug out from under you and tells you it's actually about something else. Kind of like The Crying Game of horror movies. I really admire that in a strange way. It's flawed, but it's so crazy and fun that I couldn't help but like it.
March 20, 2017
The first half (pre-vampire breakout) was good, and could have made a neat little crime/road movie. The vampire's are unnecessary.
March 12, 2017
SEE. THIS. MOVIE. I'm serious. This is my favorite movie of all time. The dialogue is impeccable and the two brothers are as badass as badass can get. George Clooneys best role and most kickass. Not to mention Quentin Tarantino plays his creepy brother. It's a half and half masterpiece, heist gone vampire extravaganza! Please watch this movie and tell me what you think. I don't like too many movies, but this one is such a hidden gem.