From Dusk Till Dawn - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

From Dusk Till Dawn Reviews

June 5, 2017
Selma's dance with the snake ??
May 21, 2017
When what we can't see with the naked eye lies a deep mystery inside of us that we can't explain but know it is there.
April 11, 2017
Un film che non ha bisogno di presentazioni, il re dei B movie per eccellenza. "Dal tramonto all'alba" č rumoroso, caotico e dannatamente divertente. Per fortuna che alla sceneggiatura ci ha pensato Tarantino, aumentando di molto il livello generale del film e rendendolo un'opera unica nel suo genere. Quando si scatena l'inferno dalla seconda metā del film il divertimento esplode e se si prende dal verso giusto si muore letteralmente dalle risate. In generale verrā ricordato come una piccola perla del genere, o semplicemente uno sfizio che un gruppo di amici voleva togliersi fin dal principio.
April 3, 2017
Tarantino writing is on point with this meta mix of genres.
April 1, 2017
I sort of feel like this is basically two movies loosely tied together with similar characters. It's also a bit hard for me to say what I want to say about this movie without getting into some spoilers, so if you don't already know the mid-movie twist, then I'll just say if you like action-horror it's worth checking out. Now that that's out of the way, what the hell was up with those vampires?
The first half of this movie is standard Tarantino/Rodriguez material. It's Tarantino's dialogue and Rodriguez's directing, and both those guys have a very loud and recognizable style to what they do. It's sort of like Pulp Fiction in Texas, with two morally broken characters trying to achieve something and killing a whole bunch of people along the way. I love the dialogue and the outrageous violence, and I liked the weird rapport they develop with a family they take as hostages, but it can't be denied how damn unlikable these two are. Clooney's character manages to have some charm, mainly because it's Clooney playing him, but Tarantino's character is downright despicable. I actually like both the performances here, and they have pretty good chemistry with each other and even look like brothers, but they're just so awful it's kind of hard to enjoy following them. Tarantino is no stranger to characters who are awful human beings, but they usually have some redeeming qualities and are at least enjoyable to watch. For a large chunk of this movie though I really didn't like following these guys. Which makes a slight conflict in this movie, since even though I think the first half is technically better than the second half, the second half does fix this problem.
The second half of the movie turns into something completely different. Basically the final 40-50 minutes is a balls out gorefest of them dealing with the fact they are suddenly in a bar filled with vampires. Again, pros and cons to this half. Main thing is it becomes much more limited, with the rest of the movie taking place in this bar, and as fun and outrageous as the gore is it becomes a bit tiring after a while. Having said that, this is some of the craziest gory action I've seen in film, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying watching it. I also like how quick they are to accept they're situation, basically saying "I don't believe in vampires, but yep, these are vampires". Clooney also becomes more likable here, taking on something of a reluctant hero role just to survive. I was surprised that by the end I found myself kind of liking his character.
From Dusk Till Dawn has some major flaws, and they're pretty hard to ignore. Even so, the sheer insanity and originality of this movie kind of make them forgivable. It's a movie that makes you think it's about one thing, then pulls the rug out from under you and tells you it's actually about something else. Kind of like The Crying Game of horror movies. I really admire that in a strange way. It's flawed, but it's so crazy and fun that I couldn't help but like it.
March 20, 2017
The first half (pre-vampire breakout) was good, and could have made a neat little crime/road movie. The vampire's are unnecessary.
March 12, 2017
SEE. THIS. MOVIE. I'm serious. This is my favorite movie of all time. The dialogue is impeccable and the two brothers are as badass as badass can get. George Clooneys best role and most kickass. Not to mention Quentin Tarantino plays his creepy brother. It's a half and half masterpiece, heist gone vampire extravaganza! Please watch this movie and tell me what you think. I don't like too many movies, but this one is such a hidden gem.
½ March 2, 2017
A B horror film full of cringe and cheese. This movie feels like 2 different films smashed together into one movie that doesn't take itself seriously and doesn't even try to remotely resemble a good film with it's really awful cohesiveness and transitions. It's honestly pretty good at what its doing and the really bad parts are part of the charm of the film.
February 22, 2017
Cheesy, but still good.
½ January 15, 2017
A great little action/horror film.
January 10, 2017
Now this is how you throw a serious curve ball in a movie. Without giving anything away, you simply don't see what's coming in the final act. Just makes you want to laugh out loud. Worth watching once at least. No classic but that final act makes it memorable.
January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 17, 2016
Good splatter films, with the compliments of the technique of Mr. Rodriguez, capacitated in horror mistare and riotous action in an ancient context: that of the vampires. Unfortunately not very happy with the interpretation of the actors apart from the great Harvey Keitel
½ December 13, 2016
A good but not great collaboration by Tarantino and Rodriguez. It's bloody fun throughout, but it definitely is not for everyone. 6.9/10
December 11, 2016
gotta love a movie that takes a hard left
December 8, 2016
The film was serious for the first half, then becomes a parody of the average scary movie. It had good intentions and potential but ended up being overly grotesque and ridiculous.
November 21, 2016
Cheesy, good old fun with a splash of excitement and fun.
November 20, 2016
From Dusk Till Dawn is creepy and campy to a fault, but it's good old cheesy fun.
November 14, 2016
A must see! Before you start watching the show please watch the movies!
½ November 6, 2016
Just watched the 20th anniversary at the Calgary cineplex and my love for this film is still there. The violence has died a little compared to films that have come and gone over the years. Tarantino can really be felt in the first third and the drastic shift in the film is brilliant. I honestly wish he would write one shot films like this for other directors more often. Tarantino hasn't had that grip since Jackie Brown, sure I still love his films and hateful eight worked wonders for me. The film is half crime drama and horror, this film really goes from a well mounted crime film to a full blown horror film. if you haven't seen this movie you haven't experienced the real quentin tarantino gift to the horror genre. He balances the shift fluently and teaming with Rodriguez should be on the cards again.