From Dusk Till Dawn - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

From Dusk Till Dawn Reviews

October 10, 2016
Starts as a Tarantino crime film, and ends with Rodriguez vampire nightmare fuel.
October 9, 2016
Watch if you want to see some total psychos swearing heavily and killing lots of vampires in gory ways. Avoid if you like plot and are bothered by abundant racial slurs.
½ October 4, 2016
Very entertaining I love Tarantino and clooney
½ September 10, 2016
It feels like someone was carrying 2 separate movie scripts in their hands, dropped them all over the ground, and accidentally shuffled them together into one. A complete curveball of a second half with plot points that make little sense. Keitel & Lewis become buddy-buddy with Clooney? Not buying it. Worth a watch though...
½ September 8, 2016
Wicked over the top violence and great characters. One of Rodriguez's best films.
September 7, 2016
A vampire flick with George Clooney guarantees a great time!
September 3, 2016
4 stars. Gory, action packed movie.
September 2, 2016
This looks weird but it kind of looks awesome and epic vampire movie. THis looks like a more appropriate version of what the vampire should be like. Mosters and horrifying. Not glittering and romantic. I really want to see this.
August 31, 2016
It feels like there are two films in one, the first of them being interesting when the second one is just not funny or bright.
August 23, 2016
Have you ever seen a film that starts out quite good, and then somehow, everything goes straight to shit? That is From Dusk Till Dawn in a nutshell. Being quite the Quentin Tarantino enthusiast, I hate to admit I was disappointed on this film. It is strange how one can identify the exact moment when everything starts crumbling down. Almost as if one movie was ending and another starting. Even more depressing is the fact that a promising plot ends up as nothing more than a tasteless and thoughtless 'horror' movie. Not that fear was felt at any point throughout this film.

The films starts out nicely with a combination of Tarantino's detailed, descriptive, and witty dialogue and Director Robert Rodriguez's ability to turn a small budget into a surprisingly decent movie. It is not a secret the Quentin Tarantino is a much better writer and director than an actor; this is obvious in all his films. In this film, George Clooney's presence makes Tarantino's acting seems even worse than it actually is. But this is not the only problem.

[Spoilers ahead] There is an exact moment were the film gives us a monumental surprise. The movie we were watching is not there anymore. This is not a movie about robbers, but a movie about vampires. Fake blood everywhere, ridiculous battles, and finally, a confusing conclusion. This might have been the whole point of the movie, but it turns into a joke. I guess I am just not a fan of vampire comedy... If the second half can even be called comedy.
July 18, 2016
From Dusk Till Dawn is over the top in every way. But it's gleefully entertaining thanks to Robert Rodriguez's intense direction, strong performances and great chemistry between it's stars
½ July 18, 2016
I give this movie exactly 2 1/2 stars because this movie is exactly 1/2 of a good movie... the first half. Once the vampires show up I checked out.
July 18, 2016
The first hour plus is just like any other kidnapp film then at the end they go to a bar full of vampires, it was very entertaining from start to finish, It just felt like the didn't know how to end the film so they stuck vampires in it.
July 15, 2016
The first half has a very Tarantino feel (for obvious reason). Excellent dialogue, etc. Ran a bit long. I didn't know much about the film so the abrupt shift to monster movie was a bit jarring and definitely wasn't as interesting as the beginning of the movie.
July 12, 2016
I feel like the words "delightfully strange" fit this film pretty well. Definitely worth a watch.
½ June 24, 2016
I wasn't expecting this.
This movie is so entertaining to watch, it's intense, it's violent. It's sometimes ridiculous but in a really funny way. All and all it's pretty good.
June 19, 2016
Super weird movie. But Quentin Tarantino specialty...
½ June 10, 2016
Good film with interesting characters and locations, but it has a mediocre plot.
June 3, 2016
From Dusk Till Dawn (1996) C-108m. ?? D: Robert Rodriguez. Harvey Keitel, George Clooney, Juliette Lewis, Quentin Tarantino, Ernest Liu, Danny Trejo, Tom Savini, Michael Parks. What starts as an arresting story of a slick criminal and his trigger-happy brother who capture innocuous family as they make their way across Mexican boarder loses footing when it unexpectedly turns into a trashy vampire flick! A celebration of excess; Rodriguez and Tarantino seem to be having fun, but this isn't exactly credible stuff guys . . . flashy filmmaking and robust performances, but no one to root for. Oddly enough, the best thing about this would-be gross-out test is Parks in the opening scene, delivering some great dialogue. Tarantino scripted, none too well. Followed by two terrible straight-to-video sequels.