From Dusk Till Dawn - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

From Dusk Till Dawn Reviews

April 25, 2018
I really enjoyed this film because it contains vampires a tons of action. Tarantino's performance is pretty good especially for only appearing for a few minutes in some films.
½ April 1, 2018
Watched this for the third time on Netflix, on a smart TV, that made the film look like it was filmed just last year.

The first half of this movie is incredibly intense, and extremely well written and executed. I love how psychotic Quentin Tarantino's character is, it just feels so real.

The second part becomes a bit ridiculous with many momentary plot-holes, and moments of 'really? that's kind of dumb'. But of course, this movie doesn't take itself seriously at all, and tries to have as much fun as possible.

An honorable mention to Selma Hayek, who is both great as 'Frida Kahlo', and a blood thirsty sex vampire in Dusk Till Dawn.
½ March 11, 2018
Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino's first director and writer collaboration serves for a bizarre combo of crime-thriller and a B-movie fest with a special take on both filmmakers seals and styles, almost creating one of cinema's most unique and weird vampire flicks ever, and one that'll grow into cult status for years to come, with just the proper amount of elements such as action, gore and a considerable variety on special effects, not forgetting its over-the-top cool characters in its cast memebrs.
December 30, 2017
A wildly uneven pulpy B-movie by the filmmaking duo of Rodriguez and Tarantino. While the scene at the vampire-infested bar is definitely the highlight of the movie and when the film starts to get good, it is the first forty minutes of the film that truly drags along and is almost an entirely different and less-interesting film altogether with two very unlikable characters. George Clooney is by far the standout with a solid, and charismatic performance, which only points out how bad of an actor Tarantino is in comparison when the two share screen time.
From Dusk Till Dawn has fun moments and some decent characters, however, to get to those characters involves a trek into about thirty to forty opening minutes of utter boredom.

3/5 stars
½ December 21, 2017
Non-stop action and a great plot with above average acting.
½ December 18, 2017
What can I say about this classic flick that hasn't been said already... Nothing, it's a great film, check it out if you haven't yet.
November 26, 2017
Absolutely a classic! By far one of my favorites!
½ November 5, 2017
Yes it's ridiculous, yes it's pulpy, but it's also a massive amount of fun.
October 31, 2017
Good Quentin Tarantino movie starring George Clooney.
October 17, 2017
I love this insane slow burn into B-movie enjoyment that only writer Quentin Tarantino and director Robert Rodriguez can achieve. It's action-packed, it's bloody disgusting, and it's inventive. It leads us to hell, but has the gift that keeps on giving for all your horror movie lovin' fans. With goremaster Tom Savini as the cockgunning Sex Machine, what more could you ask for?
½ September 29, 2017
Just watched the 20th anniversary at the Calgary cineplex and my love for this film is still there. The violence has died a little compared to films that have come and gone over the years. Tarantino can really be felt in the first third and the drastic shift in the film is brilliant. I honestly wish he would write one shot films like this for other directors more often. Tarantino hasn't had that grip since Jackie Brown, sure I still love his films and hateful eight worked wonders for me. The film is half crime drama and horror, this film really goes from a well mounted crime film to a full blown horror film. if you haven't seen this movie you haven't experienced the real quentin tarantino gift to the horror genre. He balances the shift fluently and teaming with Rodriguez should be on the cards again. 28-10-2016.
September 24, 2017
Fun ride from beginning to end. Definitely a classic. 5/5
August 9, 2017
Not half as fun as it's novel premise. From Dusk wastes a talented cast on cynical, unfunny, low grade exploration. It's biggest sin it's it's just, kinda boring.
½ July 31, 2017
Starts as a Tarantino films, ends as a goofy and gory B movie. Fans of 90's flicks and vampires will certainly enjoy From Dusk Til Dawn.
July 25, 2017
One of those movies that's so bad it's good! I would hope it's meant to border on the rediculous side regards the special effects!
June 5, 2017
Selma's dance with the snake ??
May 21, 2017
When what we can't see with the naked eye lies a deep mystery inside of us that we can't explain but know it is there.
April 11, 2017
Un film che non ha bisogno di presentazioni, il re dei B movie per eccellenza. "Dal tramonto all'alba" č rumoroso, caotico e dannatamente divertente. Per fortuna che alla sceneggiatura ci ha pensato Tarantino, aumentando di molto il livello generale del film e rendendolo un'opera unica nel suo genere. Quando si scatena l'inferno dalla seconda metā del film il divertimento esplode e se si prende dal verso giusto si muore letteralmente dalle risate. In generale verrā ricordato come una piccola perla del genere, o semplicemente uno sfizio che un gruppo di amici voleva togliersi fin dal principio.
April 3, 2017
Tarantino writing is on point with this meta mix of genres.