Frost/Nixon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Frost/Nixon Reviews

April 1, 2017
Ron Howard's best movie. Its a true story about a reporter that has an interview with ex-president Richard Nixon. While Frank Langella is good, its Michael Sheen that I love more. The scenes where he's realizing he is blowing the whole thing are really entertaining. Good movie.
½ March 13, 2017
An exceptional tale based on real incidents.
Another Ron Howard Film.
January 23, 2017
Superb. How the hell can you make a film about an interview gripping, emotional and fantastic I hear you ask... Answer - watch this film!
½ December 11, 2016
Extraordinary transformation of Frank Langella into Richard Nixon!
October 3, 2016
Orchestrated like a boxing match of David and the Goliath, the history lesson on the disgraced titular president is never this intensely absorbing, thoroughly enthralling and thoughtfully compassionate.
October 2, 2016
What an entertaining thrill ride, but what made it entertaining and unique was that it was political in context but it was delivered like a sports film. Frost vs. Nixon. Two heavyweight champions fight head to head in an all-out battle. In between rounds (filming footage of the interview) both combatants return to their corners for pep-talks from their associates. This direction from Ron Howard and the wonderful screenplay make it easy for someone who maybe isn't too familiar with United States politics to follow along, although it certainly helps. Another reason why this film works so well is the acting. All across the board, magnificent. One of the best ensemble-casts ever! Lastly, with all the jargon and lingo of political talk, the themes of this film are still very relatable. On one hand, this film conveys the message of being careful about what you wish for because if you get it, what cost will it be to you and to those around you? On the other, the film conveys the message of redemption and if you admit to your mistakes, you will ultimately be forgiven and your conscience will be clear. Overall, this is an excellent film. A great watch for political nuts or people who just like good movies.
September 27, 2016
Well acted movie. Great story. Good Ron Howard film.
August 30, 2016
Superb. Nixon is great and the interview format for the witnesses is refreshing
August 27, 2016
Featuring a mesmerizing reliably turn from Frank Langella as the unchancy President Nixon, this semi-documentary is witty in its depiction of one the most controversial interview in history.
August 21, 2016
Interesting reenactment. I would have thought it was a flop film but I was not bored at all. Very nice strange twist when Nixon actually motivates Frost during a private phone call. Probably his conscience, under the influence of alcohol, made him do it. It changed the resulting interview.
August 21, 2016
August 4, 2016
The story builds slowly, but once the infamous post-Watergate interview takes center stage, it becomes more so like a heavyweight title fight.
½ May 2, 2016
The most interesting film on an interview you'll ever see, and heavily thanks to strong directing by Howard and to great leads to build chemistry.
April 20, 2016
Expertly constructed and filled with strong performances, "Frost/Nixon" matches the gravitas and sensitivity of its powerful subject hit for hit.
April 16, 2016
Very dry, though they did the best they could with the material that they decided to base a movie off of. Very much the same problem with "The Walk (2015)"--great acting and directing but stretching something that really shouldn't be two hours.
March 23, 2016
Director Ron Howard teams up with writer Peter Morgan to create what is arguably one of the director's best films. Michael Sheen and Frank Langella give our some incredible performances that I actually see David Frost and Richard Nixon instead of Michael Sheen and Frank Langella. The plot is very simple, but it is very effective and it can get a lot of moviegoers interested. The characters are so good that it got me more curious to see what was going to happen in the interviews. The screenplay by Peter Morgan is really great and it created a lot of interesting conversations between Frost and Nixon. When it goes to the interviews, it's the most tense moment in this film that gets you sucked in to the questions and answers, even if the answers can be frustrating and that you want Nixon to get it over his chest or that you want Frost to interrupt Nixon's answers and just go to the next question. The way it's filmed for the interviews is really good and it felt like I was actually watching a real and live interview. Frost/Nixon is an enthralling movie that plays through the mind tricks very well and that it shows that people can break.
½ March 22, 2016
The only political drama that I found highly entertaining! Im not a fan of the genre but Ron Howard creates a really engaging film that im sure anyone can enjoy.
½ March 7, 2016
Essentially a film about a single interview it is surprising how much impact this really did have on the world. Ron Howard has once again provided us with another cinema gem. The battle between Nixon and Frost is like a clash of titans and it was really enjoyable.

Michael Sheen was excellent as David Frost but it was Frank Langella as Richard Nixon who was the real standout.

If you want to watch something political with a little twist then look no further!
February 22, 2016
Truly disappointing. Frank Langella is a great actor, but I don't buy him as Richard Nixon for a second; same for Michael Sheen who is too slight in the role. Speaking of slight....so is the script. Like Rep. Paul Ryan...this is a dumb person's version of what something smart looks like.
December 13, 2015
The amazing battle between the film's two main characters to recover their respect was enthralling to watch. The story moved along quite well, the history was intriguing but most of all it was enthralling to see these two actors make their characters so real and vulnerable. Their lengthy duel in the documentary was fascinating and the complications behind the scenes only added to its weight.