Fullmetal Alchemist (Hagane no renkinjutsushi) Reviews

• Jun 14, 2020

This was pretty faithful to the anime. The acting was as expected. It's an anime based film. It was good and followed the story pretty meticulously. Best anime live action done so far, really enjoyed it.

• Apr 20, 2020

I'd rather watch a fan film

I'd rather watch a fan film

• Apr 12, 2020

L'erreur de la plupart des adaptations de manga en film est de vouloir tout raconter. C'est le cas de ce film qui parvient en 2h à ne contenir que deux scènes d'action en introduction (très réussie) et en fin de film (qui manque d'épiques). Au final malgrès des bon sfx et des décors réussis, le manque de rythme et la sensation d'assister à un concours de cosplay ne permettent pas d'apprécier ce film. Dommage, sachant qu'il adapte mon manga préféré.

• Dec 23, 2019

Having no experience with the anime, I was at first confused, then delighted, with the all Japanese cast in a culturally European setting. Like Bleach, this movie had some fantastic CGI, but the positives really end there. Poorly acted fight scenes, a deep moment ruined with an unnecessary monologue, and difficult to follow, all pulled the score down on this one. I wish there were more fight scenes like the opening in the city of Roule. I did appreciate the dark turn with the scientist — especially when it came to his daughter and dog…

• Aug 31, 2019

I wanted to give this movie 5 stars so badly. The fullmetal series is one that is very dear to me. Part of the reason why the 64 episode series is so beloved, is becsuse it gave ample time for the story to progress and for the characters to grow. This two hour movie could never get all of the proper thematic elements correct in such a short time. Only including the content from the show that was put into the movie, it is still a staggering 26 episodes. By rushing the story and hoping that fans of the series will apreciate it because they already know the characters is not a proper way to make a movie. The movie is so inferior to the anime, yet the movie still has some elements that are rather nice. They change the story, which could be seen as both a bad and good decision. Surprisingly, i was not nearly as bothered as i thought i was going to be. This adds an element of surprise for fans of the series. The first time i watched this, i have to honestly say that i enjoyed it very much. I liked some of the choices made, however there are certain things that dont translate well from animation to live action. The main character looks like a person in a costume, especially the obvious wig. The military uniforms look exactly how they look in the anime, however they look like costumes, not like the intimidating outfits they were in the series. After watching the full brotherhood series again, i realixed why fans of the series enjoy this move, while it has been very slammed by critics. The anime did an excellent job developing the characters and putting them in any emotional situation possible. The movie lacks all of this. There are no serious life altering things that happen in this movie that makes the character have an inner conflict. Because fans of the series will already know these struggles, they can relate to the characters in a proper way, while people who are not well acquainted will have no emotional payoff. overall, the movie was enjoyable, but i would rather watch the anime and recommend it much more than this movie.

• Aug 29, 2019

aberration, does not follow it's original anime.

aberration, does not follow it's original anime.

• Aug 08, 2019

Set into a fantasized late medieval Europe, weirdly populated by asians, FMA is a failed attempt to compress an entire manga in two hours.

• Apr 23, 2019

Its awful...IT'S ALL FUCKING AWFUL!!! I don't understand you NETFLIX, why are you fucking up all the race banding in your "adaptations", but its just the tip of the aisberg.All the actors play is awful, they all look so unnatural (except maybe Maes Hughes actor). Effects and costumes looks worse than Sonic fan-film. Anime comedy doesn't work in live action. Rules of alchemy makes no sense in this... It's just awful. Keep killing beloved anime works like FMA and Death Note and you sure gonna attract new fans, NETFLIX.

• Mar 22, 2019

Absolutely phenomenal movie.

Absolutely phenomenal movie.

• Mar 04, 2019

I got very annoyed how one scene al would have a mechanical arm then the next it was a regular human arm.