Generation Iron - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Generation Iron Reviews

½ May 5, 2016
While not as fun as the movie it draws inspiration, Generation Iron gives a close up on a sports, and a lifestyle, that remains as interested as it was 40 years ago.
January 24, 2016
not as entertaining as pumping iron but still very good
½ January 17, 2016
it brought back memories for me when I was light heavyweight within the opa that danger year. beautiful picture
January 2, 2016
Bit hepful if you wanna be a massive bodybuilder, as film's go. No, not well put together I seen hundreds of documentaries with less interesting stories better told.
August 14, 2015
Does not even come close to `Pumping Iron`
July 29, 2015
It's no "pumping iron" but it's the next best thing.
July 11, 2015
well crafted, insightful, great story and amazing cast.
July 5, 2015
Because it's the only body building documentary that is out there earns its score...Mickey Rourke is great as the narrator
July 2, 2015
It's pretty cool and a good watch for fans of the art.
June 4, 2015
Finally I was waiting for a DVD release for this one and it didn't disappoint me. I am not really a fan of body building competitions or the body builder themselves. Though it made me realize how dedicated these people are. It's the work ethic and the talent and the hard work, it really pays off and really hats off to them. Very well made thinking this will inspire even ordinary people not just body building but their goal to reach out. 4 out of 5
March 1, 2015
Generation Iron is the new age version of the classic Pumping Iron starring the great Arnold Schwarzenegger. While the documentary definitely shows you the highs and low the competitors go through while preparing for Mr. Olympia, none of it is ever all that interesting. Pumping Iron was great because Arnold was a one man show. In Generation, there is not one bodybuilder it focuses on that is a stand out and fun to watch. You can pull some motivation from this for sure as it shows the guys training and competing but besides that, their lives just are not entertaining. If you enjoyed Pumping Iron and are a fan of the sport, you will find something to enjoy but others may have to dig a bit deeper to pull something good from this doc.
March 1, 2015
An insightful look into the world of modern bodybuilding that is not near as entertaining as cult classic "Pumping Iron".
½ February 21, 2015
this was good, yet sad for these people who work so hard and don't win...also they look like balloon animals just saying ... but to each his own
February 21, 2015
Took them 55 mins into the movie to "skim" over steroids...then never speak of it again in the movie...too bad, would have made the movie better to more truthful
February 17, 2015
As a big fan of this sport I really enjoyed this documentary. I liked how they room their time to introduce every main bodybuilder. It was surprisingly really well director and shot. I do think this was more about Kai Greene then Phil. Which I liked since I like Greene. This really does show the hardwork these people go through and what they do in order to achieve their one main goal...mr Olympia. Of course this reminded me pumping iron a lot. In a lot of ways it's similar since half the cast is same. At the end of it this film did its job, it made me appreciate this sports even more. Overall from Kai to Arnold! This is an amazing documentary. I would recommend this to all new comer bodybuilders.
February 16, 2015
If I was more into the lifestyle, I may find this more interesting. It was done very well buy I just don't understand the desire or need to get so damn big and therefore I can't give this a big score
February 11, 2015
good documentry reminded me to get buff and skiny
February 7, 2015
In the spirit of the classic "Pumping Iron" which focused on the 1975 IFBB Mr. Universe and Mr. Olympia competitions and the epic showdown between Lou Ferrigno and Arnold Schwarzenegger, "Generation Iron" is the film for this generation of bodybuilders. Despite covering the lives of several IFBB Pros, Branch Warren, Roelly Winklaar, Dennis Wolf, Victor Martinez and Ben Pakulski, this film really focuses on the rivalry between Kai Green and the seemingly unstoppable Phil Heath during the 2012 Mr. Olympia. Already knowing the outcome of the competition already (Phil Heath is now 4 time Champ) did not make this film any less intense. The daily struggle to maintain your macros and training and even life struggles makes this film worth every second.
January 30, 2015
Definitely one the most motivating and short overview in the life of the bodybuilding and fitness world. It puts you in the mindset of what needs to be done to attain their physiques. A definite and must need watch if you want to break into the fitness world.
January 22, 2015
Superb ! I have always followed the Pro Bodybuilding scene. Well made, interesting. Great movie !